THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 30 LAUNCHED

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
And isn't it just Arfive's Star Wars cards ( both Kenner and Palitoy ) that have a different coloured Hildebrandt emblem in the top right too?

I caught up with the whole show in a one-er today. Thanks as always, guys. I always save it for a day I don't need to do anything important but have a lot of faffing about in the house to do. Bliss. Always interesting, often funny too.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Did last 2 episodes back to back, but over 4 days. Was listening to some while driving my cab hoping that punter would reveal his interest in vintage. Not a peep. Probably thought WTF is this radio station the driver is listening to? :D

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Finished the latest episode in 5 sittings (I listen whilst walking the dog in the morning). Once again a Christmas cracker if an episode gents getting the right balance between educational segments / enlightening interviews and banter. Love it - keep up the great work guys. I look forward to this every few weeks.

jared007

Padawan
Almost through it now, really enjoyed the interviews this time: Jason on cardbacks, the lily ledy info -- all good stuff.

Cheers, Jared.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another great episode. These usually keep me going for a few hours while I'm out on delivery.

Could you do an extra episode of just all your out takes and impromptu conversations, always make me chuckle.

Keep it up fella's.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Just like Taffius I've been slowly catching up on the past episodes of the Vintage Rebellion Podcast and have just finished listening to episode 30. Gotta say that this has been my favourite episode to date and it contains two of the most fascinating interviews I've listened to. The Lili Ledy interview with Horacio Narvez and Marco Jay was really awesome. I'm more interested in the Poch/PBP line but the enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge they brought to that interview really rubs off on you and I found myself wanting to learn a little more about the Ledy line. And they were just two guys sounding like they were having so much fun collecting a childhood line they were totally nuts about and which held so many nostalgic memories...

And then if that wasn't enough I was totally blown away by Grant's interview with Brandon Alinger and David Mandel on the art of Ralph McQuarrie.

I've been a collector since 1996 but was always just obsessed with the toy line, and only originally wanted a mint loose run. In addition I just collected for myself, by myself, solely on eBay, and didn't realise there was a whole community out there. As a result my knowledge was massively limited. But since I discovered the forums and more recently since I started listening to the VR podcasts I've discovered a new friendship network and a whole new universe. The interview was absolutely awesome and I'm definitely saving up for a copy of the book as it sounds like it gives a fascinating input into the works of an amazing and inspirational artist as well as the complex and detailed making of the OT movies too.

It also got me to thinking has the Vintage Rebellion ever done an article for relative newbies like me on the top 10 must have books for the avid Star Wars Fan and Collector? With each podcast listened I'm hearing more and more about the different books out there, but they're all so costly, so I wondered whether there were some particular must haves. Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie sounds like it is one, but what are the others?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom