THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 32 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
rwtw-facebook.png

The Vintage Rebellion's first show of 2017 starts off with a podcast that is jammed full of guests.  The team remembers Carrie Fisher and discuss when they each got to meet the Princess, and then later in the show select their favourite Princess Leia moments.

Stuart, Grant and Rich are joined by collecting illumanti, Ron Salvatore, for this months main interview.  Ron discusses a number of topics, from why he collects to Kenner shop displays.  His knowledge is testament to the years of work he has put into the hobby.

In this months 'Beyond The Toys', Grant is joined by former guests, Mark Daniels and Craig Spivey to discuss a project they have been working on alongside Maped Helix, an exciting time as Helix have agreed to work alongside the three of them and produce a 40th Anniversary line with a nod to the Vintage items.

Rebel Briefings sees Rich bring you three interviews as he chats to PBP/Poch : Made in Spain Comprehensive Catalog author Javier Ruilopez, talks Top Toys with Stefan Callaer and chats with Brian Rachfal about his hunt for a certain item.  As well as a couple of other items, Jez also reveals information about the 'Running Stormtroopers' newest challenge.

Pete is joined by Jared Cope for this months Market section as they look at 2016 prices and trends using the fantastic Star Wars Tracker.

And finally Jez brings us a host of goodies in Newest Acquisitions as he looks at a £10 MOC, trainers, 65 back Jawas amongst many other things, and you can all hold Jez accountable for significant price hikes in the Rebel Transport as he clearly articulates why it's the best ship in the toy range!!

Happy New Year.

Enjoy the Show. 

http://swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/star-wars-vintage-rebellion/id1001257470?mt=2

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
A great listen and great interviewees as always. As I've said in every other place, I'm looking forward to the Helix revival! I buy the occasional bits of modern, especially the most OT-ish stuff, so I'll be on it.

Ah the Rebel Transport. My best mate is the anti-Jez. He never got a Falcon or AT-AT and the only large ship he got was 'that sausage thing' as he calls it. I think it's left him a bitter man, to tell you the truth. I like the Transport, though. That cardboard floor with the metal walkway printed on it really sparked my imagination for some reason. I like it even more now that it prompted Jez to describe its features in that 'reassuring father' way, that I've mentioned before, which I find comforting. I feel safe now.

spoons

Grand Master
A bit concerned for Grant - he'll get arrested arguing about princesses in playgrounds, but another enjoyable listen. I hadn't realised Ron was so young!

The Rebel Transport is an odd one, I've never really liked it but when the beater collections comes out for the kids the Rebel Transport sees a lot of play. It doubles up as a base and has room for everyone - cant argue with that :)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
In answer to the jawa bubble question, then new shape is to accommodate the cloth cape as it would stick out the edges of the bubble they used on the vinyl cape version.

Cheers Jason

roundster

Jedi Master
Supporter
Great listen again guys, enjoyed the chat about my Jawa. Although people should ignore Rich's advice to buy the first 12 on ROTJ cards if they see them, or at least wait until I've got all 12 :lol:

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another enjoyable listen lads.

Great interviews full of loads of info, prob going to need another listen to absorb it all on this one.

Loved the end with Stuart trying to say PBP!!! See, its easy, PBB!!! :D

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another great show.

Call me cynical, but I really enjoy the market watch section. Money is a dirty word within collecting but I find it really interesting and often mind boggling how much prices change/ go up. I'm aware of the damage inflated prices do, I too find it frustrating that lots of stuff is beyond my means (even more so than when I was a kid) but it's pretty hard to deny the impact money has on collecting. Maybe one day there will be a market watch where prices go down?! I'm looking forward to the tracker app too... It's fascinating how much people are prepared to spend. Especially as most cardbacks, bubbles and boxes went in the bin, and most weapons ended up in a hoover bag. Great segment, plus you get a bit of Phil Lynott at the end.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I appreciate the market watch stuff too and did find the stats interesting. As mooted, I'd be interested in similar reports on loose figures too.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
chipsteak said:
I appreciate the market watch stuff too and did find the stats interesting. As mooted, I'd be interested in similar reports on loose figures too.

Wouldn't mind a market watch stat report on everyone's favourite ship- Rebel Troop Transport. Probably cheaper now than in the 80's!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Great episode. Really enjoyed Ron's interview and also hearing about everything that went on with the Helix meetings - that's a real coup for Mark, Craig and Grant and it was good to hear about it all straight from the horses mouth.

I also found myself nodding in agreement with Stu about the Rebel Transport. When I used to buy job lots there was always a Rebel Transport in there, and typically filthy. That one (and the Falcon) are definitely the hardest ships to try and clean!

Jez

Sith Lord
chipsteak said:
Ah the Rebel Transport. My best mate is the anti-Jez. He never got a Falcon or AT-AT and the only large ship he got was 'that sausage thing' as he calls it. I think it's left him a bitter man, to tell you the truth. I like the Transport, though. That cardboard floor with the metal walkway printed on it really sparked my imagination for some reason. I like it even more now that it prompted Jez to describe its features in that 'reassuring father' way, that I've mentioned before, which I find comforting. I feel safe now.

:lol: :lol: I will one day do you a read'along story book like i've done for my kids :D

mr_palitoy said:
In answer to the jawa bubble question, then new shape is to accommodate the cloth cape as it would stick out the edges of the bubble they used on the vinyl cape version.

Cheers Jason

Thanks Jason. Not sure why it's such a bespoke bubble though. Surely an alternative larger one would do. Maybe it was so the rest of the figure wouldn't rattle about much.
Thanks once again dude.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. We're glad you are enjoying them. I still have no idea why Skinner struggles with saying PBP though.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Still not finished yet but I enjoyed the Rebel Transport chat. I agree it's an under-rated ship, it's one of the first I bought as a collector back in the 90s. The box is great and although the toy looks like a turd it has good play value.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Finally got around to listening. Love the Rebel Transport discussion ;) Was never really fussed as a kid (although I wouldn't have said no!), but as an adult, I really like it. It's just so 'ESB' if you know what I mean? 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom