The Vintage Rebellion Episode 87 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
facebook87.jpg

The hosts are pondering a question of ethics - how should pursuing our hobby influence our public behaviour?

Moving swiftly on, there are a plethora of new acquisitions from the team this month, and some great shout-outs from around the world wide web, including an excellent new collection room, and an unexpected Canadian discovery.

Action Figure Face-Off features two Droids, a Gunner, and a smooth talking Smuggler. Who will emerge victorious?

The lads discuss all the latest goings-on in the collecting world including a retrospective of the recent collecting event Echo Base Live, and interviews with the traders, punters, organisers and special guests.

Jason and Spoons have paid a visit to Milton Keynes for the grand opening of Jason Joiner's National Film and Sci-Fi Museum, and Rich catches up with Ron Salvatore to delve into Micro Collection minutiae.

The licensee section sees the boys revealing their childhood reading habits and favourite literature, and moving on to look at British publisher Sphere, who released the paperback novels and tie-ins for Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back. The books themselves, and the associated store displays and related materials, are all featured.

The feature interview this month is with Star Wars artist, collector, and costumer Marsha Parkins, talking about her influences, her artwork for Topps and other publishers, attending events, and her love for that galaxy far, far away. All this and the regular banter and bluster, look out for the podcast in the normal places.

Last edited:

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
Bumper podcast this month lads. Really disappointed to have missed Echo, thanks for the report, hoping to get to the next one. Last time I was in Milton Keynes was 1995 to see REM so I'm long overdue a visit. Film and Sci museum looks phenomenal. Thoroughly enjoyed Marsha Parkins interview, very talented artist I thought her and Pete were very entertaining. Sphere section reminded me I don't read enough, definitely need to rectify that.

Been watching your videos on YouTube, great stuff. Well done lads looking forward to the next one.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
How good is the Marsha Parkins interview! I've never had the pleasure of meeting Martha but her life and career sound fascinating, She's also incredibly funny and I was in hysterics listening to some of her anecdotes on previous workplace misdemeanours. For some reason she reminded me a lot of Eddie Izzard.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
How good is the Marsha Parkins interview! I've never had the pleasure of meeting Martha but her life and career sound fascinating, She's also incredibly funny and I was in hysterics listening to some of her anecdotes on previous workplace misdemeanours. For some reason she reminded me a lot of Eddie Izzard.
I spoke to at an event once she seems very nice, very funny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom