THE VINTAGE REBELLION PODCAST : Episode 18 Launched

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Delighted to announce that Episode 18 : The French Connection has finally landed, hope you all enjoy!!!

_573201389501231_3969822747789489628_n_zpsbqy03w0e.png

The Vintage Rebellion returns with their 18th instalment as the five Brits sit down to discuss Vintage Star Wars collecting.

Joining the team for this months feature interview is none other than the author of 'La French Touch', Stephane Faucourt. Stephane discusses his books and his Meccano and Trilogo collection, as well as telling the Rebellion what it was like growing up with Star Wars in France during the Original trilogy era.

The team are delighted to welcome two other guests during this months Rebel Briefing too. Gus Lopez joins Richard to discuss his Sandcrawler wooden pattern, whilst joining Jez is Malcolm Tween, who is the man whose designed the stunning Star Wars stamps just released by Royal Mail. Jez also takes a look at the communities newest acquisitions as he delves into the forums and Facebook to see the impressive purchases being made within this wonderful hobby.

Pete brings us an update on the prop auction that he discussed last month and tells us of some of the prices realised amongst those impressive lots. Pete and Jez also review the summers hottest event, the Secret Cinema, that they were both fortunate to attend.

All this plus much more on everyone's favourite vintage collecting podcast!!!

You can listen by either searching the Vintage Rebellion on iTunes or directly at podbean on swtvrpodcast.podbean.com

Ren Solo

Padawan
Looking forward to listening to this. Got both Stephane's books and they are both excellent. If you don't have them I highly recommend them.

SOJ

Sith Lord
An hour into this, makes house work all the more enjoyable.

Richard's "cryptic" questions were great :roll: Came up with one of my own:

Daniel's been in one and there's no fish.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Managed to listen to it in one shot for once, it made the travel back from Gatwick much more pleasant.
Only downside, I got back in with my cases and was starting to unpack and found my little monkey in my room playing with my Jabba Playset and asking for a Leia Organa, no more Leia articles please or classify the podcast as an 18.
Great infotainment again gang :wink:

stormcab

Sith Lord
Absolute brilliant work guys. This is the 2nd podcast I've listened to now. First time I downloaded and it said 4 hours I thought "eh, must be a mistake, what on Earth they gonna talk about for 4 hours?" well, 4 hours is never enough :D

You really go above and beyond at making these.

Yes in regards to memorable female outfits, above (Fifth Element) was a big one. How about Vasquez in her colonial marines outfit. Sarah Connor in T-2 in the desert. Seven Of Nine in Deep Space Nine. Trinity in The Matrix.

I made this about Princess Leia couple of years back. Shows she probably the most important person in Star Wars :D

https://youtu.be/KSYValHWNOs

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just got around to listening, thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially Gus's chat about the Sandcrawler, incredible piece! Oh and thanks to Jez for the LA mention :)

Richard_H

Grand Master
Cheers for all of the feedback guys, keep it coming.

Edd we need you on for a 'where are they now?' 5 minute update recording for the Xmas special. We're tracking down all of our main guests for an update as to how things have gone etc....

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Richard_H said:
Edd we need you on for a 'where are they now?' 5 minute update recording for the Xmas special. We're tracking down all of our main guests for an update as to how things have gone etc....

Cool count me in!

spoons

Grand Master
another great show chaps, really liked the run through of secret cinema - sorry I missed it now

and I'm with Pete - Walrusman best, Snag worst :mrgreen:

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another cracking show, guys. It really is the 1st place highlight of the month for me, even beating payday!

The Gus interview was awesome as was the interview with Stephane, although listening on the train to a classicly strong, French accent meant I was wondering why you guys don't introduce subtitles. I know what your thinking: "Of course, why didn't we think of that!", right? ;)

Thanks once again for the hard work of the team pulling another great show together. If anyone is in any doubt as to the incredible quality of the product then try listening to the offerings from other more well known, groups. I won't name them but I listed to, arguably, the biggest name in SW podcasts a month ago: I got 30 mins in before turning it off. Dull as dishwater. The professional feel, the interaction, the editing and production quality of the SWFUK podcast is stupendous!

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
As I have told you guys privately, I think your show is one of the best podcasts, if not the best one out there. You guys have a strong passion for this stuff and it shows in your well polished and strong product. Even Grant. :D

But come on, Hammerhead is definitely the best and vagina mouth Walrusman is the worst. Duh.

spoons

Grand Master
Ross_Barr said:
But come on, Hammerhead is definitely the best and vagina mouth Walrusman is the worst. Duh.

Bit of respect due Ross - that's bumface Walrusman to you ;)

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Lads it just gets better and better! Well done on another cracking podcast and to anyone who hasn't listened to it yet .... Get downloading !!
I've learnt so much since listening to u guys gas away about all things vintage
And as I said b4 the banter is superb.
Keep it up lads and I know its a lot of hard work and time put in to give us this but it is so appreciated by all of us.

Cheers, Ricky

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I always look forward to the podcasts - what shines through is everyones passion for the hobby, and the chemistry between the hosts, it always feels like everyone involved has a good time and you can't buy that - priceless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom