The Vintage Rebellion Podcast : Episode 92 Launched

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord

EVzo_Flg.jpeg

Episode 92 - Brian's Star Wars Toys - The Vintage Rebellion Podcast

Top o' the mornin' to ye! That jolly little leprechaun Richard introduces a show recorded on St Patrick's Day, with special guest Brian Hickey hailing from the Emerald Isle. The lads come up with their best blarney as they take a look at the Irish Star Wars connection.

There's TV talk, as we look back at the finale of The Book of Boba Fett, where Jason's predictions came scarily true, and then forward to Obi-Wan, with a dive into the latest news and of course that trailer.

The lads run down a bumper list of latest acquisitions and give shout outs to some wonderful finds from around the collecting world, followed by a lively Action Figure Face-Off, and a quiz led by Pete, but with a strong Canadian flavour.

Rebel Briefings sees the boys hear an amazing Kiwi tale from Mark Catley, look ahead to a collection of conventions, go scouting for toys, discover a body in the River Thames, and ponder the sale of a grail.

Our main interview guest Brian Hickey is a photographer with an amazing eye for action shots of action figures, and a talent for recreating movie scenes in miniature. We talk about childhood, collecting, projects, and future plans.

The show rounds off not with a bang, but a bag, as the lads look at Frankel & Roth school bags and pencil cases. From Jason's con bag to Spoons' satchel, it's a quick belt through bags and backpacks of all kinds.

All this and the usual stuff and nonsense, look out for the podcast in all the usual places.

Our technical Jedi, Mr Chris Porteous has also put this altogether on the moving pictures website: https://youtu.be/plhQz6Wis2c

https://youtu.be/plhQz6Wis2c

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Nice one Pete
Great stuff guys as usual! Many thanks as always😊

That New Zealand story wow! Things dreams are made of! So happy that the right kind of money was achieved for the family and that the pieces went to collectors not dealers!

I was blown away by Brian's work! Oh what a demonstration of talent, skill & incredible creativity😲 I'd also b well up for buying his book so fingers crossed he can get that done🤞🏻

Andy P, regarding the Palitoy CCP, ironically on the 45a & b name plates it's actually the other way round! It's the debut 45a that has just the simple words "Cloud Car Pilot" in white where as the 2nd issue 45b has the grand title "(Twin Pod) Cloud Car Pilot" in black! Totally get your logic-it should be the other way round as usually it's the reissue that has things shortened down or left out etc!

Attachments

• 2A246BDE-FACD-4639-AC8D-65A0609E6280.jpeg
    2A246BDE-FACD-4639-AC8D-65A0609E6280.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 94EA9176-F279-4275-AF6A-3D27FD10C61F.jpeg
    94EA9176-F279-4275-AF6A-3D27FD10C61F.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 29

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Andy P, regarding the Palitoy CCP, ironically on the 45a & b name plates it's actually the other way round! It's the debut 45a that has just the simple words "Cloud Car Pilot" in white where as the 2nd issue 45b has the grand title "(Twin Pod) Cloud Car Pilot" in black! Totally get your logic-it should be the other way round as usually it's the reissue that has things shortened down or left out etc!
Thanks for the great feedback Jon. And thanks for the info, of course you're quite right. I'm always happy to be corrected - just surprised it doesn't happen more often! 😂

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Just finished. Loved the New Zealand story from Mark. Fantastic. Turned out well for everyone- makes you wonder, how many of these things are still being chucked away?!

Brian's interview was really interesting. Hearing the technicalities of his shot construction was fascinating. I love the 'childlike' approach in our modern age and I couldn't believe it when he said he used straws for the blaster bolts- I did exactly this when I was little, but alas the pics didn't turn out very well! I also drew a scale-sized AT-AT for a backdrop, as I never had the toy and took loads of photos of my Action Force toys, complete with burning fires etc.

Keep up the good work, fellas!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom