Today on Facebook...

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
The whole grading scale is retarded anyway. Surely by definition a bubble with a grade of 80 could have 20% of it missing! So that looks more like a 98 to me :)

Robstyley

Sith Lord
****ing hellsbells! Made a WTB post on one of the groups about some accessories, the last of which I need. I thought it's worth a try, Facebook has high footfall after all. Granted they are some of the more pricey last 17 ones. I message a bloke who posted a photo of an R2 sabre. 200 ****ing quid he asked for it. It's insane. I can get a repro one if I don't want to pay "going rate" he told me :|

lejackal

Grand Master
Unfortunately it's probably cheaper to buy a complete one and sell the figure.
You're unlikely to find a bargain pop up saber on Facebook though, especially after people add on 20% because you've put a WTB up

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Crazy prices! Bought a very nice complete R2 on here s couple of months ago for £220. Then sold my old incomplete figure for £75. Still works out crazily expensive for an accessory, but takes the edge off those insane prices. Really pleased I did it, as it was the only piece I needed to complete my loose run. Had been putting it off for 25 years :roll:

On another note, all hell broke loose when I listed my Helix anniversary set a couple of weeks ago. Was properly attacked by loads of people (including expletives) for pricing it at £35. Thankfully, a couple of sensible people, who knew their products, set them straight, as the packaging is totally different to the end of line discount range, that I was being accused of selling at RIP-off prices. The way I was attacked by this bunch of ill-informed knobbers who just smelt blood was ridiculous. I'm assuming the mods deleted all the negative comments as they've gone now.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cazza said:
Crazy prices! Bought a very nice complete R2 on here s couple of months ago for £220. Then sold my old incomplete figure for £75. Still works out crazily expensive for an accessory, but takes the edge off those insane prices. Really pleased I did it, as it was the only piece I needed to complete my loose run. Had been putting it off for 25 years :roll:

On another note, all hell broke loose when I listed my Helix anniversary set a couple of weeks ago. Was properly attacked by loads of people (including expletives) for pricing it at £35. Thankfully, a couple of sensible people, who knew their products, set them straight, as the packaging is totally different to the end of line discount range, that I was being accused of selling at RIP-off prices. The way I was attacked by this bunch of ill-informed knobbers who just smelt blood was ridiculous. I'm assuming the mods deleted all the negative comments as they've gone now.

Facebook and Twitter seem to be getting worse. They are just becoming sess pits for this sort of personal attacking. Such a shame.

poncho

Grand Master
I should really sell up

I cant be arsed though :lol:

That's ****ing ridiculous

Attachments

• 20200614_204137.jpg
    20200614_204137.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 155

lejackal

Grand Master
There was an AT-ST driver that sold for £42 plus postage as well. Bloody ridiculous, although some recent eBay sales have been sky high as well

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
TBF let them get on with it, you cannot legislate for stupidity, FB is a world I'm glad I'm not part of, and couldn't be, that's why we are so lucky to have this forum where it's all about the hobby, all about comradery, all about the obsession we are all afflicted by :lol:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
lejackal said:
There was an AT-ST driver that sold for £42 plus postage as well. Bloody ridiculous, although some recent eBay sales have been sky high as well

Yeah I've noticed eBay getting silly with a lot of normal figures, even in the last 3 months I've noticed a difference.

Darth Bobby

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's interesting reading through some of these old posts. I don't want to upset anyone but it has to be said, there is some crazy money being wasted on Facebook. The world has gone fu*king mad! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarkG

Jedi Master
Facebook is becoming ridiculous for prices again. The old no price bashing rules, if it's too high priced it won't sell are rubbish.
Uneducated people are pushing the prices up, as they seem to have bottomless pockets... the collecting base is taking advantage of this and sticking on a £1 or 2 here and there and nobody can say anything about it. Yet, if something seems to cheap, they are commenting all over it.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
I keep away from Facebook!!! It's never interested me to be honest. I've dealt with lots of fall outs and dealt with a fair few disciplinary hearings due to facebook.

From reading comments on here, a lot of sites sound like they are forums for a minority amongst the SW community to swing their dicks!!!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Any complete figure in C7 condition is £15 minimum in my head, once you've paid for postage.

Cheap when you think a set of AT-AT guns are £50. lol

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
You might have already spotted this, but Justin Haynie from TIG is offering to live debate the community stance on anti-repro weapons. It's getting out of hand now as the repro weapons need to be some how stopped. :evil: :evil: :evil: Chris Smith has declined but added a lengthy post....
Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 15.23.09.png
Can't Hasbro do anything, start up an online petition?? (would they be interested !!) i'm no lawyer but this is surely blatant fraud, or passing off.

Sundancer Squadron

Jedi Master
Supporter
If he clearly states that a product that he produces and clearly labels such product as a reproduction/copy then legally nothing can be done to stop it as its not fraud, or deception.

I cant stand repros' I only buy weapons or complete figures forum members due to not wanting to be fobbed off with a repro, however I can completely understand why people would buy one for their own figures as the cost now on even the most basic of parts has got obnoxious. Unfortunately, we have a lot of little con artists in this hobby, trust me they are there....watching..... What someone decides to do with said repros is the issue, name and shame them if you must and I would too. Stickers are just as much an issue too but I don't often see the same toxicity shown towards them, I used a few stickers on a slave one I passed on a while ago (clearly stated too) but thats as far as I have gone and doubt ill do so again.

Brings us back to the question and state of the hobby as a whole, prices.....

A vast majority of these prices are purely artificially elevated and manipulated by dealers within the Uk, newer or casual individuals that come into the hobby do not know any different.

I am completely set on just sticking to my Hoth focus figures and vehicles and thats it now as i'm honestly almost priced out of vintage £40 for an Endor blaster? £140 for a couple of x wing stickers? No not doing it. Everything else i'm just going to pass on to others and be done with it. :x :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Top Bottom