TVC Shoretrooper 4-Pack

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I see that the latest TVC 4-Pack has been announced and is up for sale on the Hasbro Pulse websites. The US price is $41.99, however the UK price is £62.99!! Even by the disgusting standards of UK rip-off price hikes, this one is as egregious as it is outrageous! I have therefore just sent the following query to the Hasbro Pulse UK webshite (you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, so I have kept it politely factual). I'll let you know what they say...

"Hi,

I see that you now have the Star Wars The Vintage Collection Shoretrooper 4-Pack listed for pre-order. On the US Hasbro Pulse website this set is for sale at $41.99, however the UK Hasbro Pulse website has it listed for sale at £62.99. Not only is this much, much dearer than the US price, it's also £20 more expensive than the UK Hasbro Pulse website's price for the recent Star Wars The Vintage Collection Rebel Fleet Trooper 4-pack, and £17 more expensive than the UK Hasbro Pulse website's price for the Star Wars The Vintage Collection Stormtrooper 4-Pack.

My query is simply therefore, why is the Shoretrooper set so expensive here in the UK? The relative differences in Hasbro Pulse UK prices compared to the Hasbro Pulse US ones for your other Star Wars products, such as regular The Vintage Collection figures, are nowhere near this high, and it actually makes me wonder whether the UK price is a mistake and should actually be lower than £62.99? If the price is correct, why is it so much more expensive, not just than the US price, but also relative to the other Star Wars The Vintage Collection items you sell here on Hasbro Pulse UK?

Kind regards,

Jeremy"

Shoretrooper 4-Pack - 03.jpg

Shoretrooper 4-Pack - 01.jpg

Attachments

• Shoretrooper 4-Pack - 02.jpg
    Shoretrooper 4-Pack - 02.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 32

Palifan

Sith Lord
That is really odd Jeremy and does almost seem like a mistake on their part. It annoys me now that the price in the UK for figures ect. tends to be the same price as the US but ours is in UK pounds. I know that shipping has increased recently, plus the import tax, so I can just about accept this but when it's more expensive it does feel like we're being ripped off by someone along the way.

I'll be interested to hear what happens with your message to them and see what they have to say on this matter. Well done for doing this and hopefully they will give you some kind of reply

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
I posted about the US/UK price disparity a few weeks ago. It's getting worse for sure, although also it's random (Or very Star Wars biased)
D49C5B06-9206-4751-B1D0-26C432235E1B.jpeg

lejackal

Grand Master
@Snaketibe
I just saw this on Facebook, you either have superpowers or they genuinely made a mistake 😂
could you see if they'll try the Rancor again at £250 while you're on a role?!
5EBDE78E-C3F1-4AD0-8D5D-0AF51DC4D72B.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
@Snaketibe
I just saw this on Facebook, you either have superpowers or they genuinely made a mistake 😂
could you see if they'll try the Rancor again at £250 while you're on a role?!
View attachment 172380
LOL! Excellent! They hadn't responded to me (or changed the price) as of yesterday evening when I looked, however I haven't checked my email today yet. Hopefully there will be a reply waiting for me when I finish work, and now that they have dropped the price back down to a reasonable level, I'll order myself a set too :)

Assuming they have replied to me, I'll still post it here for all to read though.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
OK, I've just checked my email and I do have a reply, albeit it seems to be the same wording as above, but hey, at least they answered, answered quickly, admitted their error and apologised and corrected it. You can't really ask for much more than that:

Hi,

Thank you so much for shopping with us.

Unfortunately, there was a pricing error with Star Wars The Vintage Collection Shoretrooper 4-Pack which launched this past Friday, December 17th.

We've updated the MSRP to reflect the correct price of £42.99 on site.

If you have already placed and order, we have cancelled your order to ensure you were not overcharged and you will receive a cancellation email for the affected item shortly.

We're really sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused. If you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know.

Thanks for being a fan!

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well that's a happy end to that story and good one for bringing it up with them, well worth it :)

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom