Valuation request: 30th Ann. SWConvention (Kotobukiya)

Jigz

Hi Everyone.

I'm new on here and this is my first post.

I have 3 different items, all are from the 2007 Star Wars convention in London and I'm looking for a valuation for them.

To take this slowly, I'll only focus on the: ]European release of the Luke Skywalker VS Darth Vader Star Wars Statue Kotobukiya Ralph McQuarrie[ kit. It was as signed by Dan Prowse at the convention and have photos which hopefully I will be able to load.

The box is in mint condition (although briefly opened at the convention to allow Dan to sign the part of the base, where Darth Vader's figure would stand. It has been kept in storage since late 2007.

I really appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Basically, I intend to sell all the items I purchased there (signed film cells by approx 8 people....photo, will show maybe 3 autographs whilst I was wanttering around), I'll also eventually sell passes/ lanyards from that same convention (I think there were 12-14 different types i.e. VIP access, daily child/ adult passes, 3-day child/ adult passes.

Many Thanks in advance and for your patience

Attachments

• SW Dart V 1.jpg
    SW Dart V 1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Ralph McQuarrie.png
    Ralph McQuarrie.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG20210515151421.jpg
    IMG20210515151421.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 87

Jigz

The stand which Dan Prowse is holding is where the Darth Vader figure goes. So the signature is going to be easily visible when it is displayed.

PS. I just got a valuation of between £200 and £300from the below company

> I find that strange as the signature from the convention cost £25 (as per the original coupon guide for autographs- I still have that original guide/ leaflet with scribbles of which sigs. I got/ was going to get.
> Then people need to factor in the Entry fee to the convention, and obviously travel (or another perspective is that any buyer would have had to pay for shipping if they were not at the convention).

> I recall seeing these items sold for between £200 and £700 in the past year- must have been old sales as they do not appear on e-bay any more.
> Current items are being auctioned from £200 (with dinged boxes) upto £1,600 (the £800 + ones seem too be the Japanese variants, one of which has a severely damaged box).

C & T Auctioneers and Valuers Ltd
Unit 4 Capital House
High House Business Park
Kenardington
Ashford
Kent
TN26 2LF

Tel:01233 510050
www.candtauctions.co.uk

Jigz

It worries me that you don't know his name :unsure:
Pants- apologies especially as I'd met him 4 times before then, he was a Good Darth. You're also right to pull me up on that fubar.

Wasn't very focused after being given some dire news.

Glad to still have all my collectables.....guess I'm here again due to a similar situation.

RIP Dave.

Latest posts

Top Bottom