Vectis latest

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
What's even funnier is that just a few weeks back someone on here (Ipswich Town FC is a clue!!) bought the exact same variant on eBay in probably better condition for less than $130 :lol:

Thanks for the tip Joe, I'm going to offer him $150, a nice easy $20 profit :)

Joe

Grand Master
Article about the Palitoy Death Star playsets from Vectis here (oddly enough linked by Vectis on their own FB page) which mentions the prices they've achieved:

http://www.antiquestradegazette.com/news/2015/aug/12/palitoy-star-wars-death-star-toys-show-the-force-is-strong-at-auction/

An example offered on May 27 was part of the firm's first Palitoy Employees sale - a hugely popular event featuring items from three former factory staffers. Proof that Star Wars toys are the hottest area of the juvenilia marketplace, The Death Star, described as 'mint in near mint box' and estimated at £1500-2000, sold to an internet bidder at £4400.
The next offered on June 25 did better still, taking £4800 but there were a few signs of market saturation by August 12 when a third example (with an indentation to the box) took a more modest £1500. The remaining two Death Stars will be sold later this year with the last one offered with the empty trade box.

itfciain

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Joe said:
What's even funnier is that just a few weeks back someone on here (Ipswich Town FC is a clue!!) bought the exact same variant on eBay in probably better condition for less than $130 :lol:

I doubt he'll accept that - but he will swap it for a Hybrid Clod Car Pilot !

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
edd_jedi said:
Joe said:

I doubt he'll accept that - but he will swap it for a Hybrid Clod Car Pilot !

Anyone want to sell me a hybrid CCP for $150?

stormcab

Sith Lord
Fishtalk said:
As others have said, pretty reasonable prices this time. Was surprised the 20 back Snaggletooth went for £800 though. Death Stars are slowly dropping in price as well, I've lost track how many are left.

Yeah that was odd. I won the Hammerhead & Walrusman for less than their previous lowest sale prices. I bid £440 on the Snaggletooth, which was its lowest previous price. £600 was it's previous highest, so this time went for £200 more.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
U can't just go on previous prices, this hobby can b so random at times :!: Look at the Greedo yesterday going for £750 and in one of the recent previous auctions one hit 3K :eek:

My mate won the snagg and because it was the one he was missing for a set of the aliens he was prepared to go 1K this time!

There were indeed a few v reasonable hammer prices this time :D I think the timing of this auction did a few favours for some of us :wink:

indianawars

Sith Lord
It sound like a few of you picked up a couple of bargains yesterday - I'm quite
Looking forward to the next auction - perhaps these are signs of prices coming back down to earth...

stormcab

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
U can't just go on previous prices, this hobby can b so random at times :!: Look at the Greedo yesterday going for £750 and in one of the recent previous auctions one hit 3K :eek:

My mate won the snagg and because it was the one he was missing for a set of the aliens he was prepared to go 1K this time!

There were indeed a few v reasonable hammer prices this time :D I think the timing of this auction did a few favours for some of us :wink:

That's why after finally completing my 12 back run, I will not be doing any focuses or collections. They end up putting too much pressure you to complete, and for that last one or two you've been missing a while means you'll end up spending way more than it's really worth to do so. From now on I'm just going keep my eye open for bargains.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't see why people are so surprised about price fluctuations, it happens every single day on eBay. The recent £700 trilogo R2-D2 pop-up is a good example, just because some fool wanted one so badly they paid triple the going rate doesn't mean that price is now the going rate. Toni listed one a week later hoping to jump on the greed band wagon (as did a couple of other sellers) and it didn't get any bids at £500, £200 less than the last one sold for despite being in better condition.

I can't say this often enough - none of these things we collect have an RRP. They sell for prices based on supply and demand on that day. Be prepared to pick up some bargains and over-pay occasionally, it happens to us all.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
I don't see why people are so surprised about price fluctuations, it happens every single day on eBay. The recent £700 trilogo R2-D2 pop-up is a good example, just because some fool wanted one so badly they paid triple the going rate doesn't mean that price is now the going rate. Toni listed one a week later hoping to jump on the greed band wagon (as did a couple of other sellers) and it didn't get any bids at £500, £200 less than the last one sold for despite being in better condition.

Ha! A certain dealer currently has a tri pop up R2 at a RRP of £995 :lol:

I can't say this often enough - none of these things we collect have an RRP. They sell for prices based on supply and demand on that day. Be prepared to pick up some bargains and over-pay occasionally, it happens to us all.

lee gray

Sith Lord
these arrived yesterday
11904747_10153593582307020_200995342983223334_n.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
Does all this top end Vectis come from the Frank Beech shop or do they just scour the globe for Palitoy collections?

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Frickin awesome, Lee! I had a bid on a couple of those Bullet figures but was being right so kept just missing out. Still annoyed if didn't buy the Space Ranger figure, one I distinctly remember as a kid :(

Jez

Sith Lord
Crumbs, they bring back some memories. Eagle eyes! Love it.
I think i had the Helicopter Action Man amongst others, funny that.
I'd love to bid on and win something from an auction (not eBay) i appear to be missing out.

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
:shock: Gorgeous Action Man stuff. I had the helicopter pilot too, and was desperate for a Space Ranger; never got one though.

How do those Space Ranger rubber suits hold up after 30 years?

lee gray

Sith Lord
peekaygee73 said:
:shock: Gorgeous Action Man stuff. I had the helicopter pilot too, and was desperate for a Space Ranger; never got one though.

How do those Space Ranger rubber suits hold up after 30 years?

Quite well although had to restring the head,

Some were from the beech shop but the ones i got were from the palitoy employee rep sale

Attachments

• IMG_20150917_162534.jpg
    IMG_20150917_162534.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 492
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom