Vintage shops in Liverpool

aok

Youngling
Hi All,

Is anyone aware of any shops selling vintage in Liverpool?
Will be there for a visit before Christmas😀

Cheers

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
Sadly not mate. Back in the mid 90's when I started my collecting journey there was a shop called Mersey Collectibles which was great but sadly long gone. There's World's Apart and Forbidden Planet for the usual modern / comics / etc. but nothing dedicated vintage these days that I'm aware of unfortunately.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Sadly not mate. Back in the mid 90's when I started my collecting journey there was a shop called Mersey Collectibles which was great but sadly long gone. There's World's Apart and Forbidden Planet for the usual modern / comics / etc. but nothing dedicated vintage these days that I'm aware of unfortunately.
Was that at 75 Renshaw Street? He always had some good stuff in. In the 90s when I was buying and selling VSW at the weekends to support a beer habit I sold him a set of L17. There was a small shopping centre/arcade on the a corner of the east side of Bold Street, too, but I can't even find the building anymore :/ Used to be a shop on the first floor that sold some horribly overpriced VSW and a guy in the basement that sold cool model kits and some Japanese import POTF2 stuff. All long gone, now.

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
Was that at 75 Renshaw Street? He always had some good stuff in. In the 90s when I was buying and selling VSW at the weekends to support a beer habit I sold him a set of L17.
That's the one mate ! I may well have bought some of those last 17 of yours back then :ROFLMAO: I started in 96 when I moved into my own house and got all my original childhood figures and vehicles out of my parents attic and then went on the hunt to complete the loose run..... Completed it almost entirely from that shop during the 90s. Got my blue snag off him as well - think I paid £70 and felt quite sick at the time :LOL:🙈

aok

Youngling
Thanks for letting me know👍

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
That's the one mate ! I may well have bought some of those last 17 of yours back then :ROFLMAO: I started in 96 when I moved into my own house and got all my original childhood figures and vehicles out of my parents attic and then went on the hunt to complete the loose run..... Completed it almost entirely from that shop during the 90s. Got my blue snag off him as well - think I paid £70 and felt quite sick at the time :LOL:🙈
Ah mate, you may well have done! I sold the last 17 to him in spring of '97 (it was to pay for a roadtrip in the US, that's why I can date it), so you may well have picked up some :D Thinking about it, I reckon I sold him my complete loose run, not just my L17, because I got £700 for the lot and there's no way 90s prices would have stretched to that for the L17 when most of them were around the £20-£25 mark.

Hey, 70 quid for a Blue Snag wasn't bad then. They were pretty tough to find and that was about the price, I reckon. Mind you, you could buy childhood collections for a lot less than £100 back then and Loot (free ads paper) used to be worth sticking wanted ads in. Reckon I would pick up a collection every other month or so and it's not like I was making much effort. Good times :D

supergoose

Padawan
Supporter
Good times indeed mate - still got everything I collected from back then but wish I'd got more lol..... a time machine would be nice 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom