Vintage Star Wars memories

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
To put this into context, I recently retrieved some old 'Agfa Super8' cine film from my Dad. I had a fella transfer it to DVD which I collected today. I could see that some were labelled 'Christmas' etc...so naturally I was wondering if any vintage star wars figures might make an appearance 8)

To my absolute delight within 15mins of the first DVD going on, this popped up. Everyone's favourite 3 eyed friend...ROTJ Ree Yees moc. :D
IMG_20130814_145157.jpg

This is my from my 8th birthday party in 1984. Here I am opening it and handing it to my mum! It looks like a Palitoy..apologies for the picture quality tried to grab some stills.
IMG_20130814_145215.jpg

IMG_20130814_145238.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Following on from this I found footage from Christmas 1984 :D

im actually wearing the same clothes as my birthday....in February! Must have been the good set :lol: :lol:
Look what showed up there, ROTJ Chewbacca.... 8)
IMG_20130814_152922.jpg

I also got a Chief Chirpa and removable limbs C3PO :D . Here they are together
IMG_20130814_152942.jpg

IMG_20130814_153004.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Jeff that is awesome, must be some great memories in the film your dad had. Just think if you watched yourself opening a Tri Yak or Tri Jawa rather than just a ree yees!!! :shock:

TC-14

Sith Lord
Jeff, this is absolutely amazing... I've got goosebumps, mate! It's one thing having photographs from all those years ago, but cine film? Fantastic. Your parents were forward thinking, that's for sure.

Enjoy that footage, great news that you've had it transferred. Just think what your children will make of it in years to come 8)

itfciain

Grand Master
Brilliant - I wish I had stuff like that

I was thinking about this the other day - we take so many pictures and videos of our little on yet hardly anything like this exists of us

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Thanks for all the comments lads :D

I have to say that I'm absolutely chuffed with this find. Going to settle down later with a beer when the little ones asleep and have a good viewing of it :)

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
TC-14 said:
Jeff, Fantastic. Your parents were forward thinking, that's for sure.

They may have been but I certainly wasn't! About 2 seconds later I throw the chewie onto the floor to go and open up some other presents :lol: im sure the three cards were all opened soon enough aswell

TC-14

Sith Lord
Dublinjeff said:
TC-14 said:
Jeff, Fantastic. Your parents were forward thinking, that's for sure.

They may have been but I certainly wasn't! About 2 seconds later I throw the chewie onto the floor to go and open up some other presents :lol:

:lol: :lol: Nothing wrong with getting a little over-excited on birthday morning, it's to be expected :wink:
Enjoy tonight's viewing.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Those pics are great! I have nothing like that.

Apropo to a dicussion we were having in another thread- you actually look like you're enjoying those "MOCs" as MOCs, at least for a while before ripping them open. Laying them all out and having a real good look at the fronts and then the backs before getting them open. Much as i used to! :D 8)

Do you have actual footage of you opening the figures?

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
PGowdy said:
Those pics are great! I have nothing like that.

Apropo to a dicussion we were having in another thread- you actually look like you're enjoying those "MOCs" as MOCs, at least for a while before ripping them open. Laying them all out and having a real good look at the fronts and then the backs before getting them open. Much as i used to! :D 8)

Do you have actual footage of you opening the figures?

Hey Pete

None yet of me actually opening the figures themselves just the wrapping paper :D it's so funny to watch. The expression on my face when I see its Chewbacca is priceless :lol:

.Q.

Jedi Master
Most excellent Jeff. Amazing. Indeed as Pete says, that last pic of you admiring your new acquisitions I can very much relate to. Not opening them? No way! Crack those little fellows out and introduce them to their new pals.

I remember clearly that I'd display any new figs proudly on my bedside table every night for a few days so I'd get the buzz of waking up and seeing them standing there and going 'yeeeeahh! check it out, awesome new figures, wooo-hooo!' kind of thing.

Fantastic images Jeff, enjoy your trip down memory lane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom