Vinyl caped Jawa's

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's been years since I followed these figures, as it's many moon's ago that mine was purchased from ebay
(with bonus Afa certificate 😆 )
But am I correct in thinking these are rising a little in price of late ?

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's been years since I followed these figures, as it's many moon's ago that mine was purchased from ebay
(with bonus Afa certificate 😆 )
But am I correct in thinking these are rising a little in price of late ?
I sold my last UKG 85 a few months ago for around £2.5K, so I'd say they have risen a bit.

Ian

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I sold my last UKG 85 a few months ago for around £2.5K, so I'd say they have risen a bit.

Ian
From a quick search on fb, it seems an 85 grade roughly went for £1495 in 2018, so they do seem to be rising.
Wish I could remember now what I paid for mine.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Not many investments would go 66% in 4 years
@lejackal - Perhaps Star wars sales should now include a disclaimer ;) ( couldn`t resist )
"An investor may get back less than the amount invested. Information on past performance, where given, is not necessarily a guide to future performance." Or: "The capital value of units in the fund can fluctuate and the price of units can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed."
I imagine we all use the "investment" line from time to time.:LOL:

ROTF7784

Padawan
I had two when I was a kid in the 70s/80s but then when I was a teenager in the late 80s I decided to sell off some of my stuff, including duplicates. So naturally which of my 2 jawas did I decide to keep, yep, the cloth cape and sold the vinyl cape along with a bunch of other stuff for what was probably a couple quid. 😩

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Think it was Facebook, it is crazy as you could buy a UKG 90 on eBay for £4k right now, still crazy money.

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
Would you say that that Afa grades are pretty similar to Ukg, as I seem to recall a thread on this before.
And that Afa are slightly preferable over Ukg for certain high end items ?

lejackal

Grand Master
AFA are probably still the premium grading brand but as for who grades more harshly etc much of it comes down to who submits the item (allegedly)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Over the years I've had 2 AFA 85's and 2 UKG 85's and the UKG ones were both noticeably better looking than the AFA ones. I've also heard though that it's the other way around for mocs so who really knows what goes on. AFA is still more desirable though but I'm surprised that these are still going up, it has to level out at some point surely?!

Ian

lejackal

Grand Master
Over the years I've had 2 AFA 85's and 2 UKG 85's and the UKG ones were both noticeably better looking than the AFA ones. I've also heard though that it's the other way around for mocs so who really knows what goes on. AFA is still more desirable though but I'm surprised that these are still going up, it has to level out at some point surely?!

Ian
I doubt it. The VCJ, the Rocket Fett, the DT saber are all things that transcend Star Wars, they're the best known items and they're well and truly in the collectible investment space. They're the Action Comics #1, Amazing Fantasy 15 of the Star Wars range.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
AFA are really harshly grading apparently since they got sold. I think if you get anything 85 or above it's at least a C8. CAS have started doing new MOC cases which I actually think do offer real protection and 'preservation'. It's hard to say otherwise for those particular new cases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom