Vinyl collecting..

2stripes

Jedi Master
I liked Bandwagonesque, haven't heard the other albums but my cousin is a big fan. They were on creation I think, there's a documentary about the label on Netflix. Well worth a watch, Ride, Primal Scream, MBV was a brilliant label. Alan McGee is a big of a legend really.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
2stripes said:
I liked Bandwagonesque, haven't heard the other albums but my cousin is a big fan. They were on creation I think, there's a documentary about the label on Netflix. Well worth a watch, Ride, Primal Scream, MBV was a brilliant label. Alan McGee is a big of a legend really.

Yeah seen that very good viewing.Never a big Primals fan though bunch of chancers that got lucky with a good producer after a few gurners in my opiibion.

2stripes

Jedi Master
Ha yeah Screamadelica, that is Andy Weatherals album isn't it. Still love the album but I know what you mean, although he ruined Come Together, the version on the album isn't a patch on the extended single version, remixed to death.

escapist

Jedi Knight
XTRMNTR was pretty darn good though. Screamadelica is ok, but yeah never got into as much as all the hype suggested I should....

Waiting on tenterhooks for news of the new Boards of Canada album. Any fans?

2stripes

Jedi Master
Do you know I'm just returning from Manchester in the train and bought a few albums.. Badly drawn boy, joy division, fleet foxes and tame impala and saw Boards of Canada behind the desk on the wall, it was music has the right to children, immediately wanted it an enquired but the 60 quid price tag put me off! Hoping a 180g reissue comes out, fantastic album and Geogaddi is.

Takes me back to my student days that :lol: .

Anyway bought my first decent deck this week, project debut carbon with new amp and some second hand kef floor speakers. Can't wait to get it all set up. Think the mrs just sees another expensive hobby to go with SW collecting! :D

2stripes

Jedi Master
In the throws of full Vinyl addiction now. Bough Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde and Street Legal, Bowie - Diamond Dogs, Ride - Nowhere and My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything this weekend alone!

Was gutted the speakers I bought had the tweeters blown but think I can source replacements. Dug out my old Mission Speakers though and they're doing me fine for now.

New Daft Punk album will be next I think, anyone heard it?

escapist

Jedi Knight
2stripes said:
In the throws of full Vinyl addiction now. Bough Bob Dylan Blonde on Blonde and Street Legal, Bowie - Diamond Dogs, Ride - Nowhere and My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything this weekend alone!

Was gutted the speakers I bought had the tweeters blown but think I can source replacements. Dug out my old Mission Speakers though and they're doing me fine for now.

New Daft Punk album will be next I think, anyone heard it?

Awesome new purchases! Sorry to hear about your speakers though! Just bought a new house and will have my own SW/Music room so eagerly awaiting the move so I can unleash the collections and start buying more bits.

The new Daft Punk is a bit meh, in my opinion. Contact is an awesome track though. And I do like Get Lucky. Actually the track with Panda Bear from Animal Collective is pretty awesome too! But its not as amazing as the hype made out!

2stripes

Jedi Master
Yeah when I set them up I was really disappointed with them, then realised the tweeters had blown, another eBay gem! :roll: still I've just bought a replacement pair and now have to turn my hand at soldering when they turn up.

My cousin just dipped on buying the Daft Punk, I'm gonna get Homework on Vinyl and crank it up and piss the neighbour off :lol:

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
The Daft Punk album is a load of overhyped bollocks.
Partly due to the States suddenly going nuts for dance music or as they moronically title it EDM. They have been hyping Daft Punk for ages now as their piss poor acts Skrillex, DeadMaus etc always name check them hence it getting a lot more attention and airplay than it truly deserves.

Homework was a great album but this latest one was like listening to ****ing Shalamar, we had it on in the office and had to turn it off it was that bad.

Rant Over

2stripes

Jedi Master
Ha ha fair enough mate, was just listening to it on the way home from watching star trek. Thought it was pretty good all in all, not sure about 'touch'. Homework is a classic, loved Spike Jonez video to da funk and Gondry's video for around the world.

Need to buy more electronic stuff, will always be an Indie Kid at heart but love massive attack, leftfield, orb, tricky, Boards of Canada, plus Hip Hop Tribe called Quest De La Soul, Public Enemy, Common, Wo Wax Ninja Tines, Beastie Boys... So much to buy! Was just looking through my CD's .. Remember Casius? Been years sine I've heard that. 8)

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
The Casius albums are all on Youtube listened to one the othrr day. I have a lot of The Native Tongues Hip Hop (De La, Tribe, Jungle Brothers) all of the Tribe 12"s from Low End Theory. If you can track down Scenario by Tribe on 12" absolute classic.

I have a special rack for all my Beasties vinyl, just missing a few things, I could've helped out a few months back as I got rid of my doubles.

If anyone on here has any old jazz vinyls I may be interested Blue Note etc.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Found a good vinyl/junk shop where my dad lives in Sheringham.
Picked up these for £2 each. Plenty of other stuff I would've got but my little girls spotted some jewellery that they wanted so my funds dried up

Also picked up a few more Beastie Boys promos of late

Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 13.59.42.png

escapist

Jedi Knight
That be my second favourite Bunnymen album (after Crocodiles)!

Funny this thread got bumped. Had my first vinyl purchase in ages arrive today, some 60's/70s Who and Hendrix 7"s in rather good nick. Nowt special but nice to upgrade to an excellent condition Brunswick My Generation 7" !

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
My favourite was always Ocean Rain would've rather got that but this one was good for two quid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom