Virgin Media are total tools

Richard_H

Grand Master
To cut a long story short been a VM customer for about 10 years, then switched to Sky for about 12 years, then started to rethink TV.

Sky broadband in my area is pretty crap - 2Mbps at best. So I got Virgin back for a good price and upped to 100Mbps.

Cancelled Sky and have the basic shittiest package.

Virgin called me last week. For an extra £4 per month I could have 200Mbps and a virgin box with all sports/movies etc. Sounded good but how long for? He said 12 months. I said no, too much hassle. He could go to 24 months. Confirmed no 'activation fee crap or anything' and he said no because I already had the installation point it was plug in and go. Sounds good I'll take it. Until the bill come in.

£25 activation fee. £5 delivery. 12 month contract.

Go online and they dispute what the seller said "claims it's in the notes he told me all fees". Lying twat. They offered the £30 refund but it's not worth the hassle for 12 months. Had to call someone as the online guy was useless.

Package now reverted to what it was with a complaint made against the seller.

I hate Virgin and Sky customer services with a passion.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Have a mobile one too.

Paid £5 per month SIM only unlimited calls and text and about 500MB of data. Had it for years for the other half. Stopped working.
Called Virgin, sent out a new SIM. Wouldn't work - asked for Network ID. Something to do with the change from two old network providers. Tried loads of codes but the phone would lock after too many attempts. Went on for months and I was charged £5 each month. Only a fiver so I didn't complain too much until one day I was really pissed and they had no codes left to try. They said I could go to the store and use their codes.
I was pissed as I could have done that months ago. Went to store and guess what. They couldn't do it as they don't have codes. Rang VM on my other phone in their store playing holy hell. Had the VM store rep with me telling them they were wrong. Was given a new code which - surprise, surprise worked straight away. Was promised some money back for hassle which never materialised. And then... phone stopped working after 3 months.
Rang up. Cancelled them. Still got a bill. Paid it and shouted at them again. Confirmed it was cancelled. Got another bill. Played holy hell the second time and touch wood heard nothing in the last 4 months.

lejackal

Grand Master
With those companies I always go straight to the top, find out who the ceo is, get their email address from ceoemail then send a polite email detailing the issue. You normally get what you want plus a good chunk of free stuff and or compensation off your bill. To be extra sure they read it google who a few other high ups are and cc them as well.
Most companies email addresses are in a standard format - [email protected]
For sky the domain is @bskyb.com and not sky but you get the idea. Once you have one email the others will follow the same format

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
lejackal said:
With those companies I always go straight to the top, find out who the ceo is, get their email address from ceoemail then send a polite email detailing the issue. You normally get what you want plus a good chunk of free stuff and or compensation off your bill. To be extra sure they read it google who a few other high ups are and cc them as well.
Most companies email addresses are in a standard format - [email protected]
For sky the domain is @bskyb.com and not sky but you get the idea. Once you have one email the others will follow the same format
As Carl has said, the only way to deal with this is to go to the top with a polite email carefully listing when thier company that they run has let you as a customer down so badly.
I have used this a few times and have normally sorted the issue out quickly and fairly.
You can search CEO emails here https://www.ceoemail.com

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom