Website experts?

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Hey fellas, I have a basic website setup for my business and have noticed of late through my statscounter that I'm attracting a large number of hits from Russia. My spam into my email account has also risen significantly in the past few weeks to almost 40 odd spam emails a day ( most if not all get caught by the filter )

Is this something I should be concerned about as I'm worried that my website has ben compromised in some way that I'm not aware of, some of the Russian visits have lasted for up to 10hrs. :?

spoons

Grand Master
Can't help at all Ryan but the Russians are the top visitors to my site too. Started a coulpe of weeks ago and has me concerned.

Joe

Grand Master
Maybe Putin wants a commission Ryan :lol:

Seems a bit odd to me chaps. Just looked at my stats and since 2011 my sites only had 2 visits from a user in Russia..

spoons

Grand Master
Just found this - we're not alone

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-visits-from-samara-russia-in-the-last-2months

plantman

Sith Lord
you will get hits from all over the world, they can be generic bots looking for open ports too, when i check our firewall we are getting test packets from all over, dont worry about it, not much you can do apart from block IP ranges but they are well on top of it :)

MarkG

Jedi Master
Keep an eye on them, as Rebelscum and one of the big prop forums was hacked by the Rooskies a few years back..

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
What platform is your webiste built on? If an open source CMS platform like Wordpress, I strongly recommend taking some security precautions - strong username/password, security plugins etc.

If you have a static website (eg one that requires manual publishing of files to update) then there's nothing hackers can really do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom