What figure completed your loose run.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Some of you may know that I don't collect loose figures, but have somehow managed to acquire a complete loose run…🙄
I started to buy the odd loose figure and complete small runs, (ie all the Imperial troops etc.) when the MOCs I was looking for didn't crop up and ended up a few figures short, so went for the 96.
I was wondering what figure you got last to complete your loose run?
Mine was a Lumat that arrived this morning…bloody expensive these bears nowadays!
A8B000D3-16B9-4E3F-BD27-89B7A9E74124.jpeg

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Congratulations Nick! Well done on completing the loose run... Now what about variants? ;)

As for which figure completed my own loose run, I'm afraid it was so long ago now that I can't remember! :ROFLMAO:

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Nice one, that's not bad going considering you weren't collecting them 😂… my collection hasn't been, and probably will never be, completed as the last one I need is Yak Face and I just won't pay the crazy money they go for these days.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Nice one, that's not bad going considering you weren't collecting them 😂… my collection hasn't been, and probably will never be, completed as the last one I need is Yak Face and I just won't pay the crazy money they go for these days.
I was very lucky and won an auction that was poorly written a few years ago now
I would suggest keep looking you never know!

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Congratulations Nick! Well done on completing the loose run... Now what about variants? ;)

As for which figure completed my own loose run, I'm afraid it was so long ago now that I can't remember! :ROFLMAO:
I wondered if that was going to be your answer…
I already have variants in my collection…carded and loose 🙄😏 thats as far as it goes …although I do have 2 Luke Jedis with different colour sabres, 2 Luke original with different hair colours (can't stand the "Farmboy" tag he has nowadays) and 2 Snaggletooth's with and without cuffs!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I already have variants in my collection…carded and loose 🙄😏 thats as far as it goes …although I do have 2 Luke Jedis with different colour sabres, 2 Luke original with different hair colours (can't stand the "Farmboy" tag he has nowadays) and 2 Snaggletooth's with and without cuffs!
Once down the variant path you start, forever will it dominate your destiny!:p

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Congratulations mate, I do not remember my last figure that I got before I completed my loose run, it is nearly 20 years since I completed that run. But if we add Droids and Ewoks then I remember that I bought my last figure from lain here on the forum maybe 5 years ago. But I do not remember which figure it was maybe Ewoks wicket.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I think mine was Lando General too, which as you may remember was kindly gifted to me by members of the forum 😄

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Congratulations mate, I do not remember my last figure that I got before I completed my loose run, it is nearly 20 years since I completed that run. But if we add Droids and Ewoks then I remember that I bought my last figure from lain here on the forum maybe 5 years ago. But I do not remember which figure it was maybe Ewoks wicket.
I haven't added any of the droids or ewok figures to my collection, at one point I was quite tempted, I quite like c3p0 and r2 but the others just don't do it for me. So I'm looking for popular variants instead.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I haven't added any of the droids or ewok figures to my collection, at one point I was quite tempted, I quite like c3p0 and r2 but the others just don't do it for me. So I'm looking for popular variants instead.
Variants is also good, I am sure that I will never complete my hunt for variants. There is so many out there. But if you only go for popular variants and not coo variants then there is a good chance to get them unless you also want dt kenobi and vader ;) I still miss vlix but I am sure that I will never get that one so I would call my droids run complete. So will you try to get c-3po and r2 from droids ? :)

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Variants is also good, I am sure that I will never complete my hunt for variants. There is so many out there. But if you only go for popular variants and not coo variants then there is a good chance to get them unless you also want dt kenobi and vader ;) I still miss vlix but I am sure that I will never get that one so I would call my droids run complete. So will you try to get c-3po and r2 from droids ? :)
I'm not sure I do like them, but hate starting and not finishing a run. I'm after a painted helmet fett next really and a couple of tri logos to extend my boba fett collection. So there my main priority's for the moment plus the price on droids r2 well they've gone up quite a bit. I will also look for a red bar r5 and a hollow tube Tusken not to bothered about dt figures.

Walrusbumface

Youngling
The white Bespin Guard completed my loose collection for the STAR WARS and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK lines.

It was tough trying to find a loose mint / near mint example, with the gold trim paint in great condition, at a reasonable price.

Regrettably, must skip the RETURN OF THE JEDI lines, as I could never afford the 'Last 17' batch.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I'm not sure I do like them, but hate starting and not finishing a run. I'm after a painted helmet fett next really and a couple of tri logos to extend my boba fett collection. So there my main priority's for the moment plus the price on droids r2 well they've gone up quite a bit. I will also look for a red bar r5 and a hollow tube Tusken not to bothered about dt figures.
I know it is not fun to start a run and never finishing the run. I am sure there is a good chance for you to find the figures that you want. I have heard uk it is the best place to find painted helmet boba. I have not checked prices on droids figures for a long time, but with the prices going up on all other star wars figures then I guess droids r2 is also more expensive today. I also need a red bar r5 :) Hollowtube tusken raider was a figure that I got before I started to collect variants so I have never need to hunt that one down, I guess I was lucky with that one.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah that is lucky, gonna go to a event in a couple of weeks maybe I will find a painted helmet fett there 🤞 or a red bar r5.

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Im not sure when the farmboy came into common use but I did notice recently that the term "farm boy" is used on the 2nd page of splinter of the mind's eye to refer to luke as he was on tatooine. So the term does have provenance from the original trilogy era.

Anyway, to answer the original question, the last one I got was yak as the price really doesn't match the figures appeal. I still don't have a sabre for my r2 pop up and missing a gunners blaster but I don't think I'll ever bother getting those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom