What's the most disturbing film you've ever seen?

escapist

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
Has anyone seen Antichrist? I heard about it and decided i could live without watching that film

Yeah. definitely not a repeat viewing film. pretty ****ing grim...

Happiness is another film too add to the list.... I thought it would be a comedy. Not really.

On a lighter note, when I was younger I remember being terrified of Logan's Run and having nightmares for days afterwards. The carousel scared the **** out of me.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
I don't watch scary films as such..........they play on my mind :|

However did watch on You Tube a few top 10 scary films and scariest moments in films..............bloody hell talk about tense 15-20 minutes of my life

Can't remember all the films, but clips from various 'The Ring' films, some film about 'Shutters' or something - whatever ****ing scary, 'The Eye' and others I don't want to even think about, a lot were either Japanese or Cantonese - must like scary stuff over there.

Back in the early 80's my Mum and Dad used to watch a lot of Horror or Western Video's, nothing would particularly scare them horror wise. Except one day I heard my Mum say to my Dad don't ever hire that film out again it's too disturbing and he agreed it was the scariest thing he had ever seen.....can't remember exact title but something along the lines of 'If you go down to the woods today'............................. :twisted:

x-pack

Grand Master
Probably one the early 80's B movies. Some of them were just down right ****ed up! I remember catching a bit of one and i must only have been about 6 years old. Scared the **** out me for months after. It was something about a hospital full of zombies but it was on the moon or something and there was all this white **** that was like lime or something. Proper weird. Quite freaked me out at the time :shock: ...in fact it would have been around the time my profile pic was taken. Certainly saw it in that big old hotel i living in at the time. Like something out of The Shining that place was

.Q.

Jedi Master
Caravan of Porridge I call it.

The Shining I always find rather unsettling, as is The Omen. They just did suspense / terror so much better back then. Candyman gave me the jitters as I first watched it hooked up to my stereo and 'Helen!!' boomed out from the far corner of the room. Almost had a caramel accident.

X-pack, if I haven't mentioned before, I'm a huge Withnail fan. 'I know you're not asleep, boy' - very disturbing!
RIP Richard Griffiths.

x-pack

Grand Master
.Q. said:
Caravan of Porridge I call it.

The Shining I always find rather unsettling, as is The Omen. They just did suspense / terror so much better back then. Candyman gave me the jitters as I first watched it hooked up to my stereo and 'Helen!!' boomed out from the far corner of the room. Almost had a caramel accident.

X-pack, if I haven't mentioned before, I'm a huge Withnail fan. 'I know you're not asleep, boy' - very disturbing!
RIP Richard Griffiths.

COC - Jeez i haven't seen that ..well .. ever! Is it worth watching just once?

The Shining is like my childhood. Grew up moving from hotel to hotel while my dad ran them. Lived in some spooky old places and left to my own devices a lot ...parents kept me quiet with SW toys :p

PM'd re: Withnail. A fellow fan :D

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Three words "Come and See" it did get a worldwide release but was over looked in the 80's due to being of Russian origin, the most disturbing war movie ever!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_See

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
jambobbyb said:
Three words "Come and See" it did get a worldwide release but was over looked in the 80's due to being of Russian origin, the most disturbing war movie ever!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_and_See

Just read the plot to this... :eek:

2stripes

Jedi Master
I suggested Come and See a few posts back. The realism really was hard to take, not for the faint hearted.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Sorry 2 stripes I was echoing your suggestion, come and see is a trully extraordinary film, reinforced by its accurate and harrowing depiction of a real piece of history.
For anyone interested here is the trailer.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Ro0SZf438

Grant

Sith Lord
plantman said:
last house on the left, and documentary on executions

Seem the film/ documentary about executions. It was pretty minging. The last scene where the guy got shot in the face with an AK47 is the one that burnt into my brain the most even tho there was plenty more things like it. If I remember correctly the guy that got shot was either a rapist murderer or a bomber.

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Various:

Blair Witch Project..........Little hand prints on the walls, and small feet prints in the corner!

Itchi The Killer.....

Martyrs.

x-pack

Grand Master
Blair Witch freaks me out at the end where the guy is stood in the corner. That's ****ed up :shock:

Lonebudman

Jedi Knight
I only seen 'Come and See' about 3 weeks and echo the statements above,a very harrowing film,not for the faint hearted!

'Threads' mentioned above also is bloody terrifying,CND now lol! 'The Day After' is fairly disturbing in places too.

The final scenes in the 2000 remake of 'On the Beach' I found very disturbing especially as a father myself.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom