What's your favourite run of figures?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
At the moment I would say the second wave of Star Wars figures are my favourite set, probably because I'm collecting them on their debut cards. Although thinking about it they probably are anyway, which is strange as I hardly had any as a kid Greedo and R5 I think. I reckon the first 12 are probably the most popular, what are yours?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Boring but the first 12 for me, just so iconic. The moulds and paint may have got better over the years, but those early figures have a real charm. I especially love the telescopic sabres, vinyl capes and Han's cowboy shooting arm!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah the first 12 are so iconic like you say Edd. The next 8 are unsung heroes though in my opinion. Han's arm is proably the best arm in the entire run and ready to blast Greedo away. :lol:

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
There's something about ESB cards that trigger childhood memories.....maybe its because that's when I started buying them myself with cash from my Saturday job.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I like the return of the jedi figures best myself. For some reason i find the emipire strikes back cards boring

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Mine would be the Esb as well , I remember saving up my money to bring them . One Halloween went round the doors treat or tricking and got £1.65 and brought a rebel commander

Happy days

x-pack

Grand Master
I too love the esb figures as they were the ones I started with. But the figures I loved and played with most as a child were the rotj line. Luke Jedi, weequay, lando, jabba, boush. Struggled to pick up anything other than Jedi figures when I had the money to spend in toy shops.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Such a hard question. Each series has it's own charm: first 12 as the originals, next 9 as (quite rightly said) unsung heroes, the ESB as the favourite film and very 80s in colour schemes, but just a little dull. ROTJ as the figures I really grew up with and the last 17 because although I only ever knew Yak Face (and hated it) the line up makes me feel like a kid again as they're still "new" to me compared to the rest. No love for Droids series at all; they mean nothing to me.

If I had to choose only one series? Between my two favourites (2nd 9 and Last 17), I'm going to have to go with....

2nd 9: they have the look and feel of the 70s all over them but they're more interesting figures than the first 12.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Deffinately first 12. Remember , although slightly misty through the haze of time. Going to toymaster and getting my very first R2. I still have him. And then getting leia in a shop called forxons in St Asaph in North Wales . The only photo I have is me with Luke/Han and Chewy. So its very personal to me. I must admit though my favourite logo has to be ESB looks the nuts. I've got rid of all my loosies and limited cards . I have only the first 12 and a few iconic loose from other runs. The only other figure I love is yoda. Love the fact he has so many accessories and variants.
here's my R2 :D
[
20150725_111420.jpg
]

starwarsfan72

Padawan
Hi all
Just joined the site a few weeks ago so not formally introduced myself or my collection yet.
( first forum I've ever been on so still feeling myself around and loving it so far )
Maybe putting the cat amongst the pigeons with this not being a true run in that sense.
But for me its got to be everything creature
From the canteen to jabba's palace.
Always remember them being first on the wants list when buying as a kid in the early 80's

MarkG

Jedi Master
My favourite NOW would be the first 12 due to the nostalgia factor and where it all started..

As a kid, it was the ROTJ set. Especially the removable helmets on Leia Poncho, Boussh & Lando Skiff.. loved that feature. (still do infact)

BlueDog

Sith Lord
I feel exactly the same Mark, most of my childhood memories revolve around the ROTJ figures, the one I wanted the most as a kid was Lando Skiff as I thought his helmet was wicked cool. Also the Biker Scout would probably to this day still be my favourite sculpt.

As an adult collector it would have to be the first 12 every time, just love everything about them.

Kayor

Padawan
The first twelve are iconic as stated, but i really don 't remember seeing them around carded.... Like said, I mostly remember the ROTJ line from shops, buys, friends etc....

Though i remember one thing aswell....

Flashback: my dad went berserk one day and took me to the store for the first time ever, got me three POTF figures, a Luke stormie, a Luke battle poncho and Anakin Skywalker :) Still have what's left of them, lovely memories... That line is so different..... odd stuff...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Kayor said:
The first twelve are iconic as stated, but i really don 't remember seeing them around carded.... Like said, I mostly remember the ROTJ line from shops, buys, friends etc....

Though i remember one thing aswell....

Flashback: my dad went berserk one day and took me to the store for the first time ever, got me three POTF figures, a Luke stormie, a Luke battle poncho and Anakin Skywalker :) Still have what's left of them, lovely memories... That line is so different..... odd stuff...

That's amazing someone that remembers buying POTF stuff. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom