• Return of the Jedi

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • I'm a retard, I prefer one of the prequels

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I was just thinking about this the other, I'm actually not sure what my favourite film of the three is.
As a kid I always prefered Jedi, because of the space battles, and hated ESB because there wasn't much fighting in it. I was a kid, I just liked watching things blow up, I was never too bothered about minor details like........plot!
Plus I was probably too young to be caught up in the SW/ESB commotion

Now though, as a slightly older kid, I'm not sure what I'd say my favourite is. So I thought I'd ask you lot as well.
Feel free to give some form of explanation when you vote (if you want), unless you pick option four, in which case feel free to go back to your padded cell!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
ESB. I still get goose bumps every time Vader says "you don't know the power of the dark side!" That scene is just epic, wether you're a kid or an adult. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
I can skip SW and most parts of ROTJ although ROTJ though has one of the most magical scenes for me when The Emperor turns the lightning bolts on Luke, I remember the first time I saw that and I was just :eek: for the next 10 mins, who knew he could do that?! LOL

I did vote ESB however because I love the Hoth battle and the Luke/Vader fight.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Great poll. Like you, when i was a kid ROTJ was my fave with SW a close 2nd. Watched them both several hundred times. Didn't have much time for ESB as it was slower and not as fun. As an adult obviously the opinion of ESB changed dramatically. I can still never decide which is my "favourite" tho. ESB is the best film but i can't really say i prefer it to SW: A New Hope... Such a toughy... :?

PGowdy

Grand Master
Ps- ROTJ gets some harsh, rather unfair treatment in IMO. It's a brilliant film! My favourite sequence in all 3 films is the whole Jabba's palace bit. Me and a friend of mine had this argument, about the quality of ROTJ, he said it wasn't a very good film. I asked him to name a better Sci-fi film made since then and, of course, he couldn't.
So just wanted to give ROTJ a bit of a big up! As it's going to lose. :wink:

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
voted for A New Hope as it is probably my all time favourite film (along with Fight Club)

It is the one with the most of Obi-Wan in so I always thought it was the bollocks. It's just seeing Luke being such a naive farmboy and him growing so much that by the end of the film he is such a hero and giving Han attitude!

Has anyone ever seen the film Clerks where the two main characters are talking about the poor labourers that die when they are building the new death star! Brilliant conversation and a very good film

PGowdy

Grand Master
Phantom Menace probably has more Obe Wan in... shouldn't that get your vote?? :wink: :lol:

Seen/own Clerks. Classic. When Kevin Smith was good.... a long long time ago...

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Joe said:
I can skip SW and most parts of ROTJ although ROTJ though has one of the most magical scenes for me when The Emperor turns the lightning bolts on Luke, I remember the first time I saw that and I was just :eek: for the next 10 mins, who knew he could do that?! LOL

Yeah I expect it came in pretty handy when food needed re-heating. Beats a microwave anyday! :lol:

poncho

Grand Master
esb everytime! hoth! at-ats, yoda, carbon freezing, boba fett! although as a child i liked jedi the best because of the ewoks and speeder bike chase.

spoons

Grand Master
esb - remember going to the cinema to see it and Hoth and Bespin have to be two of the best scenes ever.

But to be fair I never could stand the Dagobah stuff - it really drags

Joe

Grand Master
spoons said:

I agree, that and the Vader/Luke strange dream scene where he is inside the mask scared me as a kid, actually Yoda did a bit as well.. :?

spoons

Grand Master
Joe said:
spoons said:

I agree, that and the Vader/Luke strange dream scene where he is inside the mask scared me as a kid, actually Yoda did a bit as well.. :?

thanks Joe, good to know I'm not alone - but you do realise Yoda was just a puppet, he spoke like Fozzie Bear :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom