Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
My wife and three kids never stopped me. I had a good size collection when we started dating. She already new that if I was ever asked by her to sell it or stop collecting...she would be hitting the road. Welcome to the forum.

zombiemedia

Jedi Knight
tiefighterboy said:
My wife and three kids never stopped me. I had a good size collection when we started dating. She already new that if I was ever asked by her to sell it or stop collecting...she would be hitting the road. Welcome to the forum.

Ha!
Nice work.
Money is tight though - I can just about validate a handful of comics every week or so...

I'm here in an interested observer capacity :)

paulcalf

Jedi Knight
Hi

I'm Paul & I hope to complete my childhood collection of Vintage Star Wars figures.

My dad bought me my first Star Wars figure, Chewbacca, whilst on a work trip to the US of A in the late 70's. After that I was hooked and bought as many other figures as I could. My collection grew until I had pretty much all of the original 79 (ish) figures. All of my figures were played with so over the years I lost a few weapons and a few figures.

Eventually I stopped playing with the figures but I refused to let my parents get rid of my figures or toys.

I had stopped collecting by the time the Power of the Force figures came out.

My figures eventually got put in sealed individual bags, put in shoe boxes and stored in dark cupboards. The toys were safely stored in boxes, but unfortunately not the boxes they came in.

The figures & toys will shortly be coming out of storage and will be put on display in my house, as soon as i can get some suitable glass display cabinets.

Then I'll be posting on this forum & trying to complete my loose figure collection.

When I was still a child I managed to acquire a few spare figures. I swapped my play people pirate ship for my friends entire Star Wars Collection. He still regrets it to this day.

Anyway hopefully I'll be able to do some fairer swaps and deals with people on here. My priority will be to complete my childhood collection of loose figures & weapons. Then i may try and get the last 17 in loose played with condition. I'm hoping that when i dig out my collection I'll find a Jawa with a vinyl cape and I'll be able to swap it on here & complete my collection. I know i had a vinyl cape Jawa as a child, but i doubt very much that i still have it. But I'm sure ill have something that someone is after.

Anyway ramble over until some point in August when i shall reclaim my Star Wars collection from the safety of my mothers house.

Thanks to those who created & contribute to this Forum, it has made me determined to complete what I started along time ago.................

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi Paul, Daryl and Dunc.
Welcome to the forum where you will find a grand mix of knowledge, wisdom, wierdos, competitions, sorrow, perversion, random chat, and pictures of my wifes cakes.
Happy days

zombiemedia

Jedi Knight
CharlieCharlie said:
Hi Paul, Daryl and Dunc.
Welcome to the forum where you will find a grand mix of knowledge, wisdom, wierdos, competitions, sorrow, perversion, random chat, and pictures of my wifes cakes.
Happy days

Is cakes a euphemism in this sentence?

itfciain

Grand Master
zombiemedia said:
CharlieCharlie said:
Hi Paul, Daryl and Dunc.
Happy days

I can vouch for Jez's wifes 'cakes' - absolute quality :wink:

zombiemedia

Jedi Knight
itfciain said:
zombiemedia said:
CharlieCharlie said:
Hi Paul, Daryl and Dunc.
Happy days

Phwoooar (etc)

nottscoupe

Youngling
Hello,

I just thought I would introduce myself. I have been reading the boards for along time but haven't actually posted, but I will now try to contribute to the boards with the knowledge that I have built up.

I have been collecting Star Wars toys for the last 18 years and its time to thin out my collection. Some of you will probably recognise me from the usaul conventions such as memorabilia and the barry potter toy fairs. I currently have a loose incomplete palitoy death star and yellow base droid factory to sell, when I get some photos sorted I will put them in the FS section.

Please be gentle with me as its my first post!

Thanks, Grant

BlueDog

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
zombiemedia said:
CharlieCharlie said:
Hi Paul, Daryl and Dunc.
Happy days

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
geezuz Iain!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome guys. 8)

Zombiemedia:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11900&start=30