'Worlds Biggest Star Wars Collection' 'Worth Thousands'

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Keith. As the boys have said, great collection and very well displayed.

Hope you stick around!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Hello StarWarsfan29, you have an amazing collection of Star Wars toy's, as other's have said you must be very happy and you should be. :)

Would love to see your vintage stuff. :shock:

Welcome to the forum,
All the best Adam.

Starwarsfan29

Padawan
Sorry about quality, pics as requested.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

indianawars

Sith Lord
Fair play to you! That is a most impressive collection you have. Not everything is everyone's cup of tea, but I'm sure most people can respect a collection like yours. Well done fella.

elcroz

Padawan
Keith and his collection was on the tea time regional ITV news (Westcountry) on Tuesday.
Looks a cool dude.

stormcab

Sith Lord
We need to fit it onto the page, so details aren't important.

It did the job, it got people talking about it.

Tell a story exactly right, people read and so "ok"

Be inaccurate, suddenly it's being "discussed" "debated" "spread across forums and social media"

Reckon this is part of the text-book at journalism school - accuracy doesn't sell

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Ah! Good to finally see some vintage in ur collection :)
Was going to say, 41 years old and no vintage :!: U should b ashamed of urself :!: :!:

:lol: :lol:

Starwarsfan29

Padawan
I think I am on the ITV Westcountry news again tonight or tomorrow but on the Bristol version ( east) , Tuesday was the Plymouth area (west) , a bit cringe but ha ho!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Nice vintage collection dude, lovely stuff hope you stick around. Were a grumpy bunch some times but everyone is genuine. :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
To clarify, no-one here was against your collection, just the style of reporting and the headline relating to it.

Welcome aboard! :)

kieatky

Jedi Master
Awesome collection you have there. As with most collectors one of the biggest problems is the lack of space to display them. Mine have gone up in the world (into the loft :D ) and I've started to run out of space again :cry:

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Starwarsfan29 said:
Guys, can everyone just chill out. This is my collection you are talking about and yes this is typical journalism gone mad! For the record I never said I had the biggest any thing, all I said is that I have about 90 percent of the 3 3/4 range of modern, post 95 toys and probably one of the largest modern collection in the Uk. Everything else is rubbish and has been embellished by the Wester Daily Press, Express, Sun etc to name a few!

I am just a collector like some of you enjoying a hobby so some of you back off!

Thanks

I totally understand and to be clear, I was slagging off the newspapers not you and as I said on page one of this thread; preposterous journalism.

I was 'victim' of something very similar a few years back when I won a 10k race entry through a paper, I was quoted as someone
"that runs at least 10 marathons every year"
what I had actually said was:
"I hoped to run 10 half marathons in a year"

two very different stories contain the same or similar words, so it was clearly good enough for the Advertiser! :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
And another one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-34799384

What is it with the media posting stories about people with "huge collections" and only showing photos of their worthless shittest items? :lol:

lejackal

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
And another one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-34799384

What is it with the media posting stories about people with "huge collections" and only showing photos of their worthless shittest items? :lol:

His added his ideal guest would be actress Carrie Fisher dressed in her slave Princess Leia outfit, but acknowledged that was "not going to happen".

:roll:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom