your creepiest movie villan

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Robstyley said:
Who's seen a film called - The people under the stairs? It's got this ****ed up sicko in it that dresses up like a gimp and chops people up in the basement. I ain't seen it in years. Proper wierd film, it's like a cross between The Goonies and Texas Chainsaw massacre.

From the recently departed Wes Craven. :(

He had another one around 1986 or so called Deadly friend. Really cheesy 80's horror, but the re-animated girlfriend was pretty creepy. Standout scene has Mrs. Fratelli from The Goonies getting her head absolutely splattered against a wall by a basketball. :p

Hothrebel said:
Not really creepy but certainly an evil ****ed up individual.
The gang leader in Eden lake ,far too realistic for my liking .
If you haven't seen it it's truly disturbing.

Yeah, Eden Lake was pretty disturbing. The ending was twisted.

Wasn't it one of the first movies Michael Fassbender starred in? Or was it another guy who's a fairly big star now?

x-pack said:
Ian_C said:
x-pack said:
Never seen IT all the way through. I recorded it on freeview a while back only to discover it's a two parter :roll: The first half was brilliant!

Honestly, the movie underwhelmed me. I am a huge fan of the novel. Probably my second fave book of all time.

There was SOOOOO much left off the movie, and they completely changed the format. Almost certainly because it was a Made for TV mini-series. I have heard rumors of doing a theatrical version that will be closer to the book. If that is true, and they don't screw it up, then as good as Tim Curry was, a new one would blow him away for creepiness.

I don't know if you can play our dvd's over there, but if you can and are interested, I can send you a copy of the whole movie so you can check it out. Sounds like you regret not having seen the second half.

Ian

You don't need to do that mate, although it's a cracking offer :-D I think these can probably be picked up on Amazon for a few pounds. It's just getting round to buying a copy.

Like I said, I thought the first half was cool and felt gutted when it just stopped for the next installment. Stephen King books are always too long for my liking. By the time he's finished describing every character in minute detail i've lost interest and seen the film. Christine and the Tommy Knockers were classic for this. I love the film Christine, but my god, the book is long and slow.

No worries. A blank dvd is like what, 50p? I wouldn't have charged anything but shipping for it, so it's your call. Just wanted to put the offer out there. :)

I love Stephen King. First time I read IT, it was finished in under a week. I'm actually reading my all time fave book, The Stand, right now, for about the 8th time. Long? It's only 1200+ pages, lol. 8)

Ian

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
As a kid, this guy scared the crap out of me.... :?

url=https://flic.kr/p/zvfYzQ]
21990873642_101977d206.jpg
[/url]image by michael smith, on Flickr

x-pack

Grand Master
Ian_C said:
Robstyley said:
Who's seen a film called - The people under the stairs? It's got this ****ed up sicko in it that dresses up like a gimp and chops people up in the basement. I ain't seen it in years. Proper wierd film, it's like a cross between The Goonies and Texas Chainsaw massacre.

From the recently departed Wes Craven. :(

He had another one around 1986 or so called Deadly friend. Really cheesy 80's horror, but the re-animated girlfriend was pretty creepy. Standout scene has Mrs. Fratelli from The Goonies getting her head absolutely splattered against a wall by a basketball. :p

Hothrebel said:
Not really creepy but certainly an evil ****ed up individual.
The gang leader in Eden lake ,far too realistic for my liking .
If you haven't seen it it's truly disturbing.

Yeah, Eden Lake was pretty disturbing. The ending was twisted.

Wasn't it one of the first movies Michael Fassbender starred in? Or was it another guy who's a fairly big star now?

x-pack said:
Ian_C said:
Honestly, the movie underwhelmed me. I am a huge fan of the novel. Probably my second fave book of all time.

There was SOOOOO much left off the movie, and they completely changed the format. Almost certainly because it was a Made for TV mini-series. I have heard rumors of doing a theatrical version that will be closer to the book. If that is true, and they don't screw it up, then as good as Tim Curry was, a new one would blow him away for creepiness.

I don't know if you can play our dvd's over there, but if you can and are interested, I can send you a copy of the whole movie so you can check it out. Sounds like you regret not having seen the second half.

Ian

You don't need to do that mate, although it's a cracking offer :-D I think these can probably be picked up on Amazon for a few pounds. It's just getting round to buying a copy.

Like I said, I thought the first half was cool and felt gutted when it just stopped for the next installment. Stephen King books are always too long for my liking. By the time he's finished describing every character in minute detail i've lost interest and seen the film. Christine and the Tommy Knockers were classic for this. I love the film Christine, but my god, the book is long and slow.

No worries. A blank dvd is like what, 50p? I wouldn't have charged anything but shipping for it, so it's your call. Just wanted to put the offer out there. :)

I love Stephen King. First time I read IT, it was finished in under a week. I'm actually reading my all time fave book, The Stand, right now, for about the 8th time. Long? It's only 1200+ pages, lol. 8)

Ian

Thanks again for the offer but i'll pick up a UK release so it can be played on my PS4. I modded our normal DVD player to be region free a while back to play box sets of the US comedy 'Just Shoot Me!'. Love that show but I can only play those DVDs on that one player.

1200 pages for The Stand you say :shock: ...actually that doesn't surprise me. The film is something like 6 hours long! Randall Flagg is a creepy villain in that. Unfortunately his part is overshadowed by all the other terrible actors and actresses. There are some truly awful and hilarious scenes in that movie.

Ian_C

Jedi Master
x-pack said:
1200 pages for The Stand you say :shock: ...actually that doesn't surprise me. The film is something like 6 hours long! Randall Flagg is a creepy villain in that. Unfortunately his part is overshadowed by all the other terrible actors and actresses. There are some truly awful and hilarious scenes in that movie.

Yes, that was a TV movie too. I liked Gary Sinise, but he looked lost in that role. So did Molly Ringwald.

I believe The Stand is also in line for an R-rated theatrical remake. :) That would be epic.

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Pennywise, vampire from Salem's Lot, The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, the guy from Wolf Creek.

[youtube]OSICJJq86ic[/youtube]

yoda

Sith Lord
http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEdg55VBdeO9gd_1_b.jpg

I feel this dudes worth a mention even if he's in his granfathers shadow :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom