Latest Acquisitions

stormcab

Sith Lord
TK-7785 said:
Despite what certain Facebook groups would have you believe, Ebay still has plenty of good honest vintage, bargains to be had and decent sellers. Added two lovely boxes (and mint complete Speeder Bike) to my 'Special Buy' focus, both came in indestructible packaging. Also two Rebel Commandos and two Commanders, all card fresh mint and complete and all under £10 each posted.

What a find. Yeah eBay is still excellent. Facebook can just bed overwhelming with ever growing number of groups, and people not updating sales posts. You DM them and get "already gone". Well then bloody update your post.

BruceW

Padawan
Originally I wasn't going to go to Chicago, and 5 day passes sold out so fast that I gave up all hope. I was contacted in January by a very good friend who had extra passes available, so I jumped at them.

Just back from Celebration Chicago with my newest pick up for the Leia focus! Been after this sticker variation for a while, a 12 back with a "collect all 32" sticker. On the back, you can tell this would be a 12B (by the length of the tip in the depiction of how to operate Luke's saber), but the sticker makes this a 12D on the Kellerman matrix.

12B_D_front.jpg
12B_D_back.jpg

Not in perfect condition, but at this point, they are turning up less and less as the years go by, so I'm happy to have this one in pretty decent shape. Pop it in a GW Acrylic case, and it displays great!

12B_D_front2.jpg

Great seeing you guys in Chicago! Really wish I had more time to chat! Guess I'll see everyone in Anaheim next year!
Cheers all!

Bruce

SOJ

Sith Lord
It's been a while since bought anything vintage, been saving for Celebration the last 10 months so I could have a blow out while I was out there. Here are the results:

95445C27-D206-4979-AA2E-CFD68D0D64BD.jpeg

Just need a Ben Kenobi and R5D4 to complete my empire run again

And here's the swag I collected:

716F6E16-6D8E-4984-8105-0E8BC2EDAF41.jpeg

It's was a trip of a lifetime and so fantastic to have been able to share it with so many members on here. Great, great memories.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
BruceW said:
Originally I wasn't going to go to Chicago, and 5 day passes sold out so fast that I gave up all hope. I was contacted in January by a very good friend who had extra passes available, so I jumped at them.

Just back from Celebration Chicago with my newest pick up for the Leia focus! Been after this sticker variation for a while, a 12 back with a "collect all 32" sticker. On the back, you can tell this would be a 12B (by the length of the tip in the depiction of how to operate Luke's saber), but the sticker makes this a 12D on the Kellerman matrix.

Not in perfect condition, but at this point, they are turning up less and less as the years go by, so I'm happy to have this one in pretty decent shape. Pop it in a GW Acrylic case, and it displays great!

Great seeing you guys in Chicago! Really wish I had more time to chat! Guess I'll see everyone in Anaheim next year!
Cheers all!

Bruce
Great pick up for your Leia focus Bruce :D

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
BruceW said:

12B_D_front.jpg
12B_D_back.jpg

12B_D_front2.jpg

Cheers all!

Bruce
Your latest Leia is stunning, I've still yet to see one of these 12D in hand. One day!

And congratulations SOJ on the Vader and C3PO.

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
It feels like a gazillion years since I posted something up but I finally picked up a couple of variants I'd been searching for in the right condition at the right price. A PBP mint green Bum Face for the price of a regular Wally and a Molded Face Klaatu :D

Attachments

• CBD409C9-E18E-430F-8237-1DA6A74E7689.jpeg
    CBD409C9-E18E-430F-8237-1DA6A74E7689.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 852
  • 3D2C0560-B0BD-4D74-9B7C-C14F85203B9D.jpeg
    3D2C0560-B0BD-4D74-9B7C-C14F85203B9D.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 851
  • A615F2FE-6A45-4063-A5EA-C7DD1A4CECF3.jpeg
    A615F2FE-6A45-4063-A5EA-C7DD1A4CECF3.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 848
  • A5A3E9A8-EDAF-4022-ABD8-6787FFF8F60F.jpeg
    A5A3E9A8-EDAF-4022-ABD8-6787FFF8F60F.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 851
  • 055F8449-2F8F-40F5-9880-D2C33132A253.jpeg
    055F8449-2F8F-40F5-9880-D2C33132A253.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 850

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
It feels like a gazillion years since I posted something up but I finally picked up a couple of variants I'd been searching for in the right condition at the right price. A PBP mint green Bum Face for the price of a regular Wally and a Molded Face Klaatu :D
Nice pick-ups, Jay. Congratulations.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
That Mint green Bum Face is immaculate, well done for getting that for the price of a normal one.

spoons

Grand Master
Mr-Trilogo said:
Love the Klaatu and Walrus man, great photos as well. :)

They are great photos - impressive

Very jealous by all the celebration stuff but chuffed with a Mark Daniels special. Not vintage but the man's a genius!

19_04_2019 025i.jpg

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
TheJabbaWookie said:
Nice pick-ups, Jay. Congratulations.
Mr-Trilogo said:
Mini99 said:
That Mint green Bum Face is immaculate, well done for getting that for the price of a normal one.
Thanks guys. Lucky Auction. Photos are with iPhone 8 with LED desk lamp.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
So picked up a few bits tab celebration, mainly oddball items but did pick up this 12 back Kenobi. Purchased before hand, thanks for the great deal Michael Cooper and big thanks to Jon Peck for bringing it along to celebration for me to collect.

Will get my other bits up as I sort.
2DA80136-DA7C-48B3-B3E0-67C70DE88FED.jpeg

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
spoons said:
Mr-Trilogo said:

Very jealous by all the celebration stuff but chuffed with a Mark Daniels special. Not vintage but the man's a genius!

19_04_2019 025i.jpg

That's awesome, Andy 8) Is Mark making these available for everyone?

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
8) great pick ups

Wally is mint great deal as well, m face Klaatu is a great find for a variant as well in great condition, well done.

That 12 back Ben is a beauty as well congratulations 8)

spoons

Grand Master
Cazza said:
spoons said:
Mr-Trilogo said:

19_04_2019 025i.jpg

I think they are sold out but might be worth sending him a message. I was impressed at how well made they are. Really sturdy.

lejackal

Grand Master
Cazza said:
spoons said:
Mr-Trilogo said:

19_04_2019 025i.jpg

Just tagged you on the book of face, you might be in luck

dienstuhr

Padawan
First off, let me say it was great to finally meet Stu, Jez, Si, Grant, Steve and Rich in person at Celebration!

Second, apropos to the thread, here's my one vintage pickup from the room sales. I'd just finished telling the lads over dinner that this was the one thing I'd hoped to find at Celebration. A few minutes later as we're walking into the room sale area, Steve spots this, turns to me and says, "there you go Dallas!" :D

So without further ado...

IMG_2998.jpg

https://vintagekennerstarwars.blogspot.com/2019/04/tie-bomber-diecast.html

More pics and MUCH more vintage toy content at my blog: http://www.vintagekennerstarwars.blogspot.com

Cheers,

d.

Latest posts

Top Bottom