SWTOTW, Week 46, 2019 Luke Skywalker (Battle Poncho)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
Ok here are my luke poncho items, I still miss a tri-logo moc in that part of my collection :D
2 luke poncho figures complete with blasters, 3 tri-logo cardbacks with 3 different danish price stickers,1 potf cardback and the silver coin.
See Jeremy, more than 1 variant :lol:

Well, maybe. I'm waiting for Lars to clarify, but if they are genuine variants that's great news for me :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Ok here are my luke poncho items, I still miss a tri-logo moc in that part of my collection :D
2 luke poncho figures complete with blasters, 3 tri-logo cardbacks with 3 different danish price stickers,1 potf cardback and the silver coin.

P1190042.JPG

01.jpg

P1190043.JPG

P1190045.JPG

P1190046.JPG

P1190047.JPG

Great stuff, Lars! Thanks for sharing :)

Are these the light and dark poncho variants you mentioned? I know you don't like using flash with your photos, so perhaps it's that, but whilst there does seem to be a difference in the shade of the dark brown shapes on the ponchos of your two figures, it doesn't seem to be a massive difference either. However, what does appear to be different is the leg stance of your figures, with one being narrow and the other wide. Are these two figures different COOs?

Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words as always :D

Yes it is the poncho variants. Yes I do not use flash, but it is not the best picture. I can try to take some better ones in the weekend.
But the pattern on the poncho is different colors, the left one is darker than the one to the right.

Yes the leg stance is also different, but so far I do not have a moc to compare if they were sold like that or if a child have strapped the legs together on the one to the right. I have some other figures on moc where there is a huge difference from one moc to another moc on the leg stance.

No it is the same coo, I only know about one coo for this figure. I have had a few luke poncho in my hands and I have never found coo variants between them.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
s1d0w said:
Better late than never. Here's my loose and his cardback

Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 20.26.41.png

Wow nice mint figure and also a fantastic cardback, thanks for sharing them :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
TheJabbaWookie said:
Pomse2001 said:
See Jeremy, more than 1 variant :lol:

:lol:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

P1190042.JPG

01.jpg

P1190043.JPG

P1190045.JPG

P1190046.JPG

P1190047.JPG

Are these the light and dark poncho variants you mentioned? I know you don't like using flash with your photos, so perhaps it's that, but whilst there does seem to be a difference in the shade of the dark brown shapes on the ponchos of your two figures, it doesn't seem to be a massive difference either. However, what does appear to be different is the leg stance of your figures, with one being narrow and the other wide. Are these two figures different COOs?

Thanks.

Yes it is the poncho variants. Yes I do not use flash, but it is not the best picture. I can try to take some better ones in the weekend.
But the pattern on the poncho is different colors, the left one is darker than the one to the right.

Yes the leg stance is also different, but so far I do not have a moc to compare if they were sold like that or if a child have strapped the legs together on the one to the right. I have some other figures on moc where there is a huge difference from one moc to another moc on the leg stance.

No it is the same coo, I only know about one coo for this figure. I have had a few luke poncho in my hands and I have never found coo variants between them.

Thanks for the extra info, and I look forward to seeing better photos of the ponchos :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks.

Thanks for the extra info, and I look forward to seeing better photos of the ponchos :)

Sorry, but it was to dark this weekend for pictures. It was raining in the weekend :roll: I will take some as soon as the weather is getting better, I hope we will soon see the sun again :lol:

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

Sorry, but it was to dark this weekend for pictures. It was raining in the weekend :roll: I will take some as soon as the weather is getting better, I hope we will soon see the sun again :lol:
Probably around April I suspect! :roll:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

OK thanks, but would it be possible to also take a side-by-side comparison shot of the two figures using a flash? It would help me as it would provide a better basis for comparison with mine. Thanks :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Mini99 said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Probably around April I suspect! :roll:

I hope not :lol: 4 days ago we passed the record for rain in november in denmark. The old record was from 1967. It is crazy it is raining and ****ing dark out there. Normally the sun would shine and it would be cold and we would have snow :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

OK thanks, but would it be possible to also take a side-by-side comparison shot of the two figures using a flash? It would help me as it would provide a better basis for comparison with mine. Thanks :)

I can try to do that but normally pictures do not get good when I use flash, but I can try to take one later tonight :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

It does not look good with flash, but I have taken another, does it look better ? I would maybe say one is brown and the other more red brown. Or maybe just brown and dark brown :?

P1190059.JPG

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

It does not look good with flash, but I have taken another, does it look better ? I would maybe say one is brown and the other more red brown. Or maybe just brown and dark brown :?

P1190059.JPG

Thanks Lars. That picture shows the difference much better :). I suppose the colour difference could be down to some sort of discolouration, but I'm inclined to think it's probably a genuine printing / ink difference on the poncho, and hence a bona fide variant... So that's another one for me to look out for! :lol:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

P1190059.JPG

Thanks Lars. That picture shows the difference much better :). I suppose the colour difference could be down to some sort of discolouration, but I'm inclined to think it's probably a genuine printing / ink difference on the poncho, and hence a bona fide variant... So that's another one for me to look out for! :lol:

If it helps. then I can say that the dark one or brown one is the one I have found all the time until I found the red brown or light brown in a childhood lot that I bought from a french guy, I remember he had lived in southern france and there was also a few spanish poch and pbp figures in the childhood lot that I bought from him. I was thinking maybe the figure came from a french or spanish tri-logo cardback but then again I have not heard about a french or spanish luke poncho tri-logo card :? or maybe it is just discolouration, but if it is discolouration then I would say the dark one should be the discolouration and that one have I found a lot of. All the others luke poncho that I found in the years and trade or sold because they were the same as the dark one was all found in danish childhood lots.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:

P1190059.JPG

If it helps. then I can say that the dark one or brown one is the one I have found all the time until I found the red brown or light brown in a childhood lot that I bought from a french guy, I remember he had lived in southern france and there was also a few spanish poch and pbp figures in the childhood lot that I bought from him. I was thinking maybe the figure came from a french or spanish tri-logo cardback but then again I have not heard about a french or spanish luke poncho tri-logo card :? or maybe it is just discolouration, but if it is discolouration then I would say the dark one should be the discolouration and that one have I found a lot of. All the others luke poncho that I found in the years and trade or sold because they were the same as the dark one was all found in danish childhood lots.

Thanks for the extra information. Hmmm, it sounds like the jury's still out on this one, but it's certainly quite possible it could be a true variant, and maybe a Spanish one. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I encounter one on my travels! :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Snaketibe said:
Pomse2001 said:
Snaketibe said:

Thanks for the extra information. Hmmm, it sounds like the jury's still out on this one, but it's certainly quite possible it could be a true variant, and maybe a Spanish one. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I encounter one on my travels! :)

Your welcome :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom