Childhood Toy shop

Robstyley

Sith Lord
Yeah man, the Wickford and Rayleigh ones. But mostly the Rayleigh one, that's where I grew up. If you ever see another one of those or anything from that shop do please grab it for me. I'll buy it no question, thanks! :)

Alisdairmac

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Cazza said:
@Alisdairmac , thanks for looking 8)

Don't suppose you'd let that £1.25 Lewis' sticker go? ;)

No, sorry but you could have the rebel commando with the Lewis sticker if you like

quins

Padawan
Supporter
walkie said:
@Robstyley would this be the same Peter Jones store you visited as a child....

pzzNILp.jpg

Great to see. My mum used to take me and my brother to the one in Laurie Walk Romford and if we were lucky buy us another figure each.
Kiddie City was a few doors down also from what i remember :)

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Leemcl went to my parents' house a couple of weeks ago to retrieve my old Scalextric stuff and... found a GW Hurley price sticker! Over the moon! Still want to find one on a cardback, but this is great 8)

20200730_143145.jpg

Leemcl

Jedi Master
Cazza said:
@Leemcl went to my parents' house a couple of weeks ago to retrieve my old Scalextric stuff and... found a GW Hurley price sticker! Over the moon! Still want to find one on a cardback, but this is great 8)

20200730_143145.jpg

Superb stuff mate. Thanks for sharing - I've had quite a find in the last couple of weeks, although it's involved eBay and not GW Hurley.

In 83 on a Saturday morning I went to House of Holland in Chingford, London with my folks and got a Chief Chirpa figure. I remember it so very well....along with my Lando Skiff from Harrods from around the same time, those two I really remember buying.

Well low and behold.....although unlikely to be from the Chingford store, it's good enough for the 7 year old me.
image.jpg

Now add to that by saying - also in Chingford around 86-88 there was a general shop called "This & That" and in 86 it was the last place I recall seeing any Jedi Card backs on sale and I remember they were selling at 50p each. And look what I found on eBay..... weirdly it was in France.....but that's definitely the same price sticker font so bagged that for £13.50 with the bubble.
FE2C99C0-9763-4177-9911-B52951CAC4DB.jpeg

coomber75

Sith Lord
awesome thread remember one from a while back anotherguy knew the chads in hereford i bought all my bits from

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I've just dug this thread out as yesterday was one of those dream days as a collector for me. As mentioned before have been looking for the Peter Jones price sticker forever. Got a tip off last night there was one on a cardback on Echo, for sale. Went straight on and tried to get it then after a bit of a wait got the reply and got it! Can't believe it, never thought it would happen. I'm over the moon. Massive thanks to Dan Whiteley for the tip off and to Adam Booth for the card.

Please if anyone ever sees a PARYS NEWS price sticker on anything please contact me or Dan Whiteley on Facebook. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 68

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Congratulations. It's always wonderful to finally find something after years of hard work and dedication searching for it. I'm really pleased for you.

Jeremy

Robstyley

Sith Lord
So… I cannot actually believe it. After looking out for this price sticker for over ten years with no luck, two come along within a couple of months..! I've just got another one off eBay, again from a tip off from Dan Whiteley. It's much nicer, in lovely condition without the name tag cut out. A 65B Bib, also a card I need for my Palitoy run. Well chuffed, now I have the orange and yellow price stickers 😃👍

Attachments

• IMG_8622.jpeg
    IMG_8622.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 36

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Great finds.

I've been searching for a Luton Arndale Center price tag for years without any luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom