Repro stormtroopers

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Have any of you seen this repro stormies, it looks like they a vintage stamp on the legs 1977, very bad and not easy to spot on a picture :(

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154397287067?_trksid=p11021.c100851.m5053&_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170803121420%26meid%3Deaa00531ea184a5096b474d626f4a302%26pid%3D100851%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dnone%26b%3D1%26sd%3D363340401311%26itm%3D154397287067%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D11021%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic%26brand%3DUnbranded&ul_noapp=true

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
These have been around for a while, really not good. You can't help thinking with the 1977 stamp they have been made to deceive.

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
This is killing it for me. The reproduction's and vintage collection and retro collection combined with the increase in prices for basic moc's has taken the enjoyment out of it for me. I completed my loose run about 4 years ago and wanted to get every figure on a Jedi card thinking it would be achievable but even that's out of reach with some basic figures fetching £200 biker scout and emperors royal guard to name a few.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Stubbs said:
This is killing it for me. The reproduction's and vintage collection and retro collection combined with the increase in prices for basic moc's has taken the enjoyment out of it for me. I completed my loose run about 4 years ago and wanted to get every figure on a Jedi card thinking it would be achievable but even that's out of reach with some basic figures fetching £200 biker scout and emperors royal guard to name a few.

Yeah I know what you mean, £400 for a Luke Jedi!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
These have been around for a while, really not good. You can't help thinking with the 1977 stamp they have been made to deceive.

I agree, ok seller write they are repro. But what if the buyer sell them as vintage :? then we have the problem until the new buyer learn that they are repro.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Stubbs said:

I agree it is not as fun and the enjoyment is also not what it was years ago, prices are ****ing high, to much repro and some things are just much harder to find than it was years ago, but I still try to keep the spirit high.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Stubbs said:

I haven't got into collecting carded figures,don't think I will bother. Just collect loose think it's gonna stay that way by the looks of things.

mjaelk

Youngling
stormtroopers seems to be the by far most bootlegged.
maybe because its a popular figure made for army building i suppose.
some of the more expensive figures must be tempting for the fakers.
i know i have seen yak face at least.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
mjaelk said:
stormtroopers seems to be the by far most bootlegged.
maybe because its a popular figure made for army building i suppose.
some of the more expensive figures must be tempting for the fakers.
i know i have seen yak face at least.

Yeah yak face is definitely the most faked,there rife on eBay. Now there's also a lot of pop up r2s also.

mjaelk

Youngling
i am glad i have my original r2 pop up, even though the sticker is pretty worn by water damage and of course the saber got lost in the first year or so.
i guess finding a non repro saber at a resonable price is a mission improbable.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
mjaelk said:
i am glad i have my original r2 pop up, even though the sticker is pretty worn by water damage and of course the saber got lost in the first year or so.
i guess finding a non repro saber at a resonable price is a mission improbable.

Yeah pretty much, think there over £200 for the saber alone now.

2stripes

Jedi Master
What's the legality of these figures, surely there is still a copyright on the production of Star Wars merchandise?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
2stripes said:
What's the legality of these figures, surely there is still a copyright on the production of Star Wars merchandise?

I think you are right about this but it looks like nobody cares about the copyright only us collectors. I have contacted disney and hasbro years ago about repro and they did nothing.

lejackal

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
2stripes said:

I think you are right about this but it looks like nobody cares about the copyright only us collectors. I have contacted disney and hasbro years ago about repro and they did nothing.

They can't stop people making Stormtroopers as proven by the original stormtrooper guy in court, they can send cease and desist orders for the Star Wars name which I think is why many repro cards have that blanked out on the advert

Pomse2001

Grand Master
lejackal said:
Pomse2001 said:
2stripes said:

They can't stop people making Stormtroopers as proven by the original stormtrooper guy in court, they can send cease and desist orders for the Star Wars name which I think is why many repro cards have that blanked out on the advert

I did not know that, but I still think it is wrong :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom