Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanEds

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post, Ive been collecting for many years and I am active on various Facebook collecting groups. Always looking to learn more and happy for you to give me a nudge in regards to the do's and dont's on here. Cheers Dean

Name: Dean
Single/Married: Nearly married
Residence: Bristol
Kids: One daughter
Pets: 2 cats
Collecting Focus: Don't hate but I'm trying to do a full run of ToyToni Mocs
Character Focus: First 12 figures

Looking For: ToyToni Mocs

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Walrusbumface said:
Howdy,

Just joined after lurking for a good while.

After selling off my (about 70% complete) vintage loose figure collection in the early '90's (for peanuts, too), and having been recently bitten by the bug, I've started collecting again.

I've been reading through the "Vintage Chat" forums - very interesting stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to some forum chat.

Welcome mate 👊👊👊

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
DeanEds said:
Hi everyone, I'm brand new to the forum and this is my first post, Ive been collecting for many years and I am active on various Facebook collecting groups. Always looking to learn more and happy for you to give me a nudge in regards to the do's and dont's on here. Cheers Dean

Welcome to the forum mate 👊👊👊

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
DeanEds said:

Welcome Dean! My apologies, I must have missed your post when you made it, however it's great to have you aboard. Please stick around and enjoy all the forum has to offer. There's a lot of knowledge and friendly people here, along with a treasure trove of old posts and threads containing tons of information and a wealth of photos :)

Jeremy

Walrusbumface

Youngling
Ruby2511 said:
Walrusbumface said:
Howdy,

Just joined after lurking for a good while.

After selling off my (about 70% complete) vintage loose figure collection in the early '90's (for peanuts, too), and having been recently bitten by the bug, I've started collecting again.

I've been reading through the "Vintage Chat" forums - very interesting stuff.

Anyhow, looking forward to some forum chat.

Welcome mate 👊👊👊
Thanks!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Geeky said:
Hello there!

Geeky here (Ross) from London and have just joined the forum and started my journey in collecting vintage Star Wars. Always loved the movies and as a boy/teenager in the mid to late 90's attended many UK Toy Fairs and car boots buying and selling Star Wars and all sorts of retro toys and memorabilia with my parents and older brother so have always been around cool toys and the collecting side of things. But it's taken until now in my late 30's that I have decided to gradually start collecting. Mainly going for the basic vintage figure line. These will go alongside the modern retro collection so my plan is to have the originals displayed next to the new 'retro' figures. Bit out of touch with prices these days but seems that loose figure prices have shot up. But then again not kept track of prices for a few years now. Managed to get myself a Taiwan Boba Fett in pretty good condition for £25 no weapon. Cheapest I could get a half decent one for! Anyways, enjoy all things Star Wars and looking forward to hanging around the forum when I can and can't wait until we can all start going to conventions/toy fairs again.

Take it easy

Ross (Geeky)

Hi Ross welcome to the forum :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
DeanEds said:

Welcome Dean to the forum, I see no problem in collecting toytoni cards, the problem is when people are selling them as moc and buyer do not know it is a toytoni :wink:

mjaelk

Youngling
hello fellow imperials and rebels...
my name is Mattias (mjaelk)
i am from sweden and in my 40s.
we dont have a site like this or rebelscum in sweden, though there are quite a few fans here.
thats why i have been looking for some information here in the last year or two.
i started my star wars journey around 83/84 and got totally into this magic world.
i dont know how many times i have seen the original trilogy, but i suspect it is nearer 1000 times than 500, without exagerating :)
i did not play nice with my toys all the time, so i have lost many things.
my original falcon is only a shell, but by all gods i have had fun with it.
i never fully left my interest but, as happens, other things got in the way.
but it always comes back to me.
a few of my better childhood toys left is: stormie luke, solo carbonite and r2d2 pop up...beaten up and without any accessories.
bought some common figures a few years back, and a few cheaper mocs 2019/20.
in sweden we mostly got palitoy and tri logo, and then potf cards, so those are the most nostalgic to me.
since i am not wealthy in the least, i will focus on the mocs that are affordable when i stumble upon them.
i dont mind if they are a little bit beaten up, its still nice to see them.
the harder figures will have to be loose, with or without weapons etc.
it is a lovely, if at times frustrating, hobby :)
hope you are all well and have a good evening.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
mjaelk said:
we dont have a site like this or rebelscum in sweden, though there are quite a few fans here.
thats why i have been looking for some information here in the last year or two.
i started my star wars journey around 83/84 and got totally into this magic world.
i dont know how many times i have seen the original trilogy, but i suspect it is nearer 1000 times than 500, without exagerating :)
a few of my better childhood toys left is: stormie luke, solo carbonite and r2d2 pop up...beaten up and without any accessories.
in sweden we mostly got palitoy and tri logo, and then potf cards, so those are the most nostalgic to me.
since i am not wealthy in the least, i will focus on the mocs that are affordable when i stumble upon them.

Welcome, I hope that you enjoy you time here and collecting SW.
I would also recommend "Echo base Scandinavia" if your on Facebook.

mjaelk

Youngling
thank you mini99.
i dont have facebook so i have to put my faith in the UK, which i do, even since you left our union :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
mjaelk said:
thank you mini99.
i dont have facebook so i have to put my faith in the UK, which i do, even since you left our union :)

Ok no worries...if you do ever feel the need to join "the Darkside" ie Facebook then it's a good site run by a fellow Scandinavian.
Nick.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
mjaelk said:

Hi Mattias,

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the great introduction, and well done for still having some of your childhood toys; it's certainly more than I managed! :lol:

Jeremy

mjaelk

Youngling
and to jeremy...just remembered that i gave some to my younger cousin in the 90s, although i kept a few, but he gave them back to me many years ago.
luckily :)

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
mjaelk said:
and to jeremy...just remembered that i gave some to my younger cousin in the 90s, although i kept a few, but he gave them back to me many years ago.
luckily :)

You still did well... and great that your cousin returned his ones too :)

Pinewood 1976

Youngling
Hello everyone

Glad to have found this place.

Older fan from the days when I used to see neighbours mixing up their Star Wars and Smurfs figurines in their front window.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Pinewood 1976 said:
Hello everyone

Older fan from the days when I used to see neighbours mixing up their Star Wars and Smurfs figurines in their front window.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! Good to have you aboard :)

Jeremy

stu70

Padawan
Pinewood 1976 said:
Hello everyone

Welcome to the site, still got my Smurf figures, but not in the front window :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom