Has the pandemic changed your attitude to your collecting?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Everyone seems tp be after a pop up R2, starting to understand why they go for just south of £500!

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
theforceuk said:
Everyone seems tp be after a pop up R2, starting to understand why they go for just south of £500!

Just bought one today, really nice one aswell just awaiting delivery. 2 to go now and a few blasters

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
DarthHamblin said:
theforceuk said:

Just bought one today, really nice one aswell just awaiting delivery. 2 to go now and a few blasters

Very nice, well done and congrats. Hope you got it for a good price.

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Yeah I saw a member on echo base live, opened a shop
So gave him a call on the off chance and yeah he had one
For a reasonable price not eBay prices. His shop also looks really good in the pics lots of interesting bits.

Gogsfett

Padawan
My attitude is still the same, will buy when I see something worthwhile and not burst the bank.
I have most of the loose run, bar some last 17 which are just out my depth, a dozen or so MOC and a decent amount of vehicles, although need completed.
I won't pay over the odds, will wait until another comes along, but the prices of bang average figures have went mad.
Dont think I will ever sell them unless i really had to. Will pass down to kids eventually and they can keep or sell off.
Have a decent amount of Saga, TPM, Mcquarrie, ROTS, AOTK modern figures., which steadily selling some off, but worth buttons and would be as well keeping them ( selling really just for room) as sitting in my shed.
Still love collecting though, part of my childhood and always will be, and still love the buzz of getting something new.

Gordon

DarthHamblin

Jedi Master
Gogsfett said:
My attitude is still the same, will buy when I see something worthwhile and not burst the bank.
I have most of the loose run, bar some last 17 which are just out my depth, a dozen or so MOC and a decent amount of vehicles, although need completed.
I won't pay over the odds, will wait until another comes along, but the prices of bang average figures have went mad.
Dont think I will ever sell them unless i really had to. Will pass down to kids eventually and they can keep or sell off.
Have a decent amount of Saga, TPM, Mcquarrie, ROTS, AOTK modern figures., which steadily selling some off, but worth buttons and would be as well keeping them ( selling really just for room) as sitting in my shed.
Still love collecting though, part of my childhood and always will be, and still love the buzz of getting something new.

Gordon

That's a good way of doing it, when something reasonably priced comes up go for it. Unfortunately it doesn't happen very often especially last 17 but you could always get beaters or budgets to finish them off.

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I have taken a look at my collection over lockdown and have decided to sell anything that I don't 'love'. I'm hoping this will give me more space to better display the bits I really like. I've written a list of things I'd like to have and am trying to be strict on only looking for these. I've become alot more interested in the history of the toys and the companies that made them - luckily there are a number of great books out on this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom