Why was this R2 so expensive?

warrachuppin

Padawan
I had been watching this R2 below on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&item=170040399876&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

It seems quite expensive, I presume its because its a solid top, are these very rare? I'm sure Edd could shed some light on this.

Daz

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
It looks in great condition, plus there was a bidding war with 2 US collectors trying to win it.

I never realised they used a big bubble for R2 instead of one of the smaller ones.

sith-smith

Grand Master
It's a tri-logo miscard, but an unusual one at that.

It is because it's a solid top version. What's so unusual is that they stopped making the solid top way before the trilogos came out.

These are a cool miscard, but not mega rare.

Two people wanting the same thing clearly has an effect on the price.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
i was watching that too. i've no idea why but this guy always gets top prices for his auctions. maybe he has a mailing lisr or something.

i've bought off him quite a few times and he's been decent enough, only gripe would be failing to mention flaws that you cannot see in the photos.

warrachuppin

Padawan
Thanks Guys, It looked a nice item but like you Sith said it was wanted by two guys who were going to fight it out. Great when you are selling items like that :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Same here as well, the only thing I have learnt is not to sell one or two figures but wait until you get quite a few to list, that way people will usually try to win more than one to save on the postage. :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom