"baggie" figures??

Discuss vintage Kenner and Palitoy Star Wars toys from the 1977-1985 era.
spoons
SWFUK Supporter
SWFUK Supporter

Post by spoons »

jedi_masters wrote:thanks spoons, true its not foolproof but it does help, you wouldnt think he would have them if they were fakes. i was just conserned mainly with the stamps on the bag, whether people can fake them??
i dont think people fake the stamps, they just reseal other figures in the very common 3po bags. Supposedly bags and stamps are different across the board but I've never seen a comprehensive list.

There's a job out there for someone
TWOFOOT
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Post by TWOFOOT »

thanks spoons, true its not foolproof but it does help, you wouldnt think he would have them if they were fakes. i was just conserned mainly with the stamps on the bag, whether people can fake them??
My friend got fooled big time several years ago. He bought a sealed red cape bib . He didnt pay silly money for it and assumed it was genuine as it came from a reputable dealer at a toy fair. He let me photograph it for venoms loose collection site. It was then he decided to open it and the ONLY thing that gave it away as being a fake was the stamp an the leg and bag did not match.
There are some VERY good fake baggies out there. The best way to tell is if you compare one you suspect to a genuine one. The one that has been re-heat sealed will be shorter.
And allways suspect taped baggies (that is why afa will not grade them as a U.)
This can only lead me down a dark path....... Again. Lol
Martijn71
Regular
Regular

Post by Martijn71 »

craignwo4life wrote:
cocofstar wrote:I think Martijn had a complete collection and possibly Billyboyrodgers.
I think Martijn had an almost complete collection of baggies but then sold them all when he couldn't find the last 2 or 3 he needed to fund another focus.
* found my way back to this board :) *

That's right, I almost had a complete set minus DSD (wich got lost in the mail :( ) Didn't count the European last 11 though ... did have the Yak.

Now they are all gone to a better home (collection linked a few posts earlier)

~Martijn!
cocofstar
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Post by cocofstar »

Welcome back Martijn :wink:
Gotta love those variations :wink: