UKG or AFA? what one is the best?

coinnut

Jedi Knight
what one if any would you go for?
I would like to get some advice as AFA is costly UKG not to badly priced
Can anyone help?

Ukgarisson

Padawan
Depends what you want really longer term. If you are collecting forever but just want some clarification that what you have is what you think it is and in the condition you think it is then UKG would be fine.

However if you may sell down at some point in the future then AFA is widely known in the US and could open you up to more buyers who are not familiar with UKG or only collect AFA graded items.

So, it's really upto whatever your plans are longer term in my opinion.

Thx
Andy

Justin H

Padawan
AFA every time, when you come to sell which 95% of us do, afa far easier to shift than ukg. I like ukg casing but had to drop prices to sell them.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
In terms of quality there's little difference, but from what I've seen something graded by AFA increases the value significantly, where as with UKG not so much.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I have done no transactions with AFA.

I have done 1 transacion with UKG and thought thay were outstanding :)

Justin H

Padawan
Just be warned they are lot harder to shift than afa, once you have bought minty figures and paid postage both ways and for grading costs you probably won,t get your money back, which will matter later on.

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've only ever used UKG and have always been very happy with their service. However, I have never tried to sell a UKG graded item.

To be really honest, as living in Great Britain I use UKG as it is a lot cheaper to have them grade it rather than AFA due to the amount I save on postage.

Also, I will only use UKG simply because I want them to succeed and become just as reliable as AFA and the only way to do this is by using them and showing off their work on forums such as this.

coinnut

Jedi Knight
Thanks guys for all of your replys
i have sent some off to UKG when i get them back i will ask for some help.
Another thing i would love some help with is how much does it cost to send it off to AFA get it graded then post it back for 5 items worth £1000 when graded (your hope grades)
i have been told some horror tales would just like to know the ball park figure
Thanks for all of your help so far and well into the many years ahead

coinnut

Jedi Knight
silver grin has a very good point also the service i am reciveing from UKG is the best most replys are within 1 hour :eek: .
For 4 (3 POTF 1 tri logo) carded figures and a U graded ewock and U coin has only cost me £110 including postage by speical delivery insured for £1000 how good is that!!!

ODB

Jedi Master
Some people like AFA, others like UKG. There's only one way to settle this:

HHfight.jpg

Lee77

Sith Lord
In my own limited experience, the service Steve gives at UKG is far better than AFA. Obviously AFA items sell for more, but I think the gap has closed slightly.
Also, on things like mailers and baggies, you can decide how you want them displaying etc.
Nick's point about using them and helping them succeed is true too. And they won't rip a moc apart to U grade a figure, which alone is a good reason to use them. Without going off topic, the amount of AFA U graded figures that are around, should make a lot of people look at using UKG.
Just my two pence worth!

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Lee. I have found a customs code that seems to bypass customs. Get the seller to mark the item as an "old collectable toy and use this code - 9705000090 :wink: Look here -

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8373&start=15BTW its Nick mate :wink:

Lee77

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
AFA U GRADE- so **** them!

Does UKG?

I think they'll do a mailer from a sealed mailing box but left in the Baggie. I'm 99% certain Steve said they won't open a moc for a U grade.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Have to say I have only dealt with UKG and as everyone has said I have found Steve's service absolutely brilliant. Shipping etc to Ireland is way cheaper and the choice of how you want the figure displayed is great. Just check out my Avatar, Luke Farmboy with saber in hand...... :D

Ukgarisson

Padawan
I just sent 20 MOCs to AFA for bulk U grading and they did a good deal for being a platinum member, with fast turn around as well.

:D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom