A real bargain !!!

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Finally a U90 Luke Farmboy and Leia Bespin came on the market and were sold for (in my opinion) a bargain price of Ã'£125 each.

It seems like a lot of money but if they had been auctioned instead of BIN they would have gone for a lot more money. 8)

I don't collect AFA loose figures anymore but if I had seen them first I would have been tempted to buy them !!! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1977-Kenner-Star-Wars-Luke-Skywalker-Loose-AFA-U90_W0QQitemZ110120300849QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50271QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1980-Kenner-Star-Wars-Loose-Leia-Bespin-AFA-U90_W0QQitemZ110120300806QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50274QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'm not a loose graded collector either, are those two hard to come by figures then? Or, is it just because they are "U90"?

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
They are the first Luke Farmboy and Leia Bespin I have seen with a 90 grade, let alone a U90. :shock:

That only really leaves Han small head as the main figure I have never seen graded that high. :D

spoons

Grand Master
I find the whole U thing crazy. You could get a figure on a beater card for less than those prices :shock:

lee gray

Sith Lord
Jukesy said:
I agree, i would rather spend the money on a carded figure than a loose one.
What i cant understand why a U graded 90 is worth more than a touched regular 90 as the touched one has kept its good condition even though touched so should be more durable but Sending a beat up card to get a good U grade for a loose figure is good for making extra cash ...when however a blue snagletooth gets a u grade because it is taking out of its baggie...... I think that is criminal as I would much rather have a baggie blue snaggletooth over an U95 anyday of the week as to me thats more complete

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
lee gray said:
I would much rather have a baggie blue snaggletooth over an U95 anyday of the week as to me thats more complete
Figures in baggies look rubbish though !! :lol:

You cannot display the figures properly, they have massive text written on them and the bags get dirty !! You can get the figure graded still in the bag though but the whole point of grading loose figures is to show them off to the maximum effect and that means out of the bag !!! :wink:

Darth Wensleydale

Sith Lord
Its a shame that a lot of people are cutting cards and opening baggies as there is going to be far less ungraded stuff for people to buy in the future at a lower price point. A lot of people don't want to or can't pay the extra for AFA carded figures. Cloud City must be cutting up hundreds of poorer quality MOC's at the moment :(

Don't get me wrong I love AFA graded carded figures and sealed ships etc but I'm less convinced by the loose figures, especially all this U grade stuff. A Blue Snag in a bag would be worth far more to me still in it, the same goes for a Leia on any card with a couple of creases and a dented bubble. I think all the tabs holding the figure in place and the weapons being separated takes away the appeal to me but each to their own. I do think that the loose Rebo Bands look good cased up though 8)

TWOFOOT

Jedi Master
spoons said:
I find the whole U thing crazy. You could get a figure on a beater card for less than those prices :shock:
But could you get a luke farmboy for that price on a half decient cardback??
I dont collect afa figures any more but those two were a bargain. Expect to see them on ebay again very soon. :lol: :lol:

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
TWOFOOT said:
Expect to see them on ebay again very soon. :lol: :lol:
The buyer bought a few on mine in the past and I know they are after a complete set of 90 graded figures so I don't expect to see them too soon !! :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom