Lost for words after seeing this!

itfciain

Grand Master
With that and the Uzay FS thread on RS - a lot of bootleg collectors are going to be looking for 2nd mortgages

Joseph_Y

Padawan
I'm just not having fun collecting any longer. I was building a bootleg site, to try to make it fun again...But at the end of the day it's become more of a chore than a pleasure to me, a recent situation (that I'm not going to get into details of) put the final touch on my realizing how much fun I'm NOT having anymore. So I'm going to be listing my entire bootleg collection and taking my leave. Thanks to all the friends I've made....

Cheers
Joe

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Fair enough at that, plenty of times I've considered selling up as I think most have from time to time.

Don't envy the task ahead of you Joe that's one helluva collection to sort and sell, all the best for what ever direction life takes you post collecting and huge kudos for putting such an staggering collection together in the first place.

Richard_H

Grand Master
It's a shame that a post on RS has been made which makes it very clear no discussion is warranted.

I don't know you Joe but from what I can tell over the years you've been one of the good guys and an inspiration to some of us newer collectors.

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I definitely hate to see you breaking up everything Joe, as you are and always will be the person looked upon for bootlegs. I was looking forward to seeing the new site too. In the end, it is your decision, but I personally think it should be your decision and not based on something that someone else has done to you. Is it really worth it by letting them win by selling up over some backstabbing or whatever else it was? If you're going to leave/sell up I think it should be on your own accord. I know you've been on the verge of selling up though for several years now and maybe this was the final straw. I'd certainly suggest giving it some thought where this all seemed to happen very quickly.

Also, it just wouldn't be right to be at the next celebration and not hear about the amazing bootlegs that you've been able to hunt out in the dealers area and seeing how many Vodka Red Bulls you drink in a night. :)

Joe

Grand Master
shawn_k said:
I definitely hate to see you breaking up everything Joe, as you are and always will be the person looked upon for bootlegs. I was looking forward to seeing the new site too. In the end, it is your decision, but I personally think it should be your decision and not based on something that someone else has done to you. Is it really worth it by letting them win by selling up over some backstabbing or whatever else it was? If you're going to leave/sell up I think it should be on your own accord. I know you've been on the verge of selling up though for several years now and maybe this was the final straw. I'd certainly suggest giving it some thought where this all seemed to happen very quickly.

Also, it just wouldn't be right to be at the next celebration and not hear about the amazing bootlegs that you've been able to hunt out in the dealers area and seeing how many Vodka Red Bulls you drink in a night. :)

+1

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
So you are going to let other assholes drive you away. If it were me....I would just resign from the internet and forums.
So where is the thread on RS at....that started this?

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Once again the kind words rock and are genuinely appreciated, but it's not "just" the situation of being ****ed over and lied to by Mete...then made to look like the bad guy for trying to make him honour the terms of his sale thread. That was just the final straw. The only reason I was able to assemble the collection I have was a case of right place right time when it came to bootlegs. These days nothings easy, and the fun is truly gone, it's more stress every time I try to buy a rare piece, to see who's going to backdoor me on it.... I may put the unfinished site up live and if someone wants to take it over, I can give them the log in info and it's paid for for 2 years.

spoons

Grand Master
Sorry to hear this Joe - hope you find a new pursuit that brings the buzz back

turkdlit

Padawan
Im sorry to drag myself back into this shitshow, but I refuse to be called a liar and a backstabber.

In the FS thread on RS the rules were that the first to email me gets dibs. I did it this way since I knew there would be close calls as people would jump on the figures. I have an email from the buyer who rightfully emailed me first, at 6:13pm, and ive showed it to Joe to try and qualm his anger. Yet he insists on calling me a liar, even though he never emailed me, and cannot prove that he emailed me.

So for anyone who has any questions whatsoever about the TRUTH, then feel free to ask Joe for the evidence. It will be tough, because it does not exist. So until then, all I can echo is what everyone else is saying - sorry to see these figures broken up and good luck with the sales.

Mete

Richard_H

Grand Master
turkdlit said:
Im sorry to drag myself back into this shitshow, but I refuse to be called a liar and a backstabber.
Mete

Hi Mete,

I understand the second half of this sentence but could you clarify what you mean about being dragged back into this shitshow? At first I thought you were referring to this forum but I think/hope this is not the case.

itfciain

Grand Master
I am pretty sure he just means the whole 'Joe leaving the hobby'

To be honest, Joe does have form for throwing his toys out of the pram - as Liam will testify - it is sad to see him leaving the hobby, just as it is sad to see anyone leave - but it is his choice and if he wants to use the money for other things that will make him happy then good on him

turkdlit

Padawan
Lol no not at all. The shitshow refers to everything that has transpired over the last 24 hours (I.e. trying to sell an uzay collection for a friend to being accused for manipulating who gets what to joe selling off his collection to ultimately being called an asshole liar backstabbing douche for my efforts). The bootleg world is so catty and full of backstabbing you have no idea. Maybe im not cut out for it or I just have thin skin, I just love Uzays in the end. Anyways sorry for the long post, to answer your question wasnt referring to this forum at all, knowing Joe_O is a moderator here its 5 stars in my book :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom