Poon Troopers again and Everybody Loves Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I just do not understand these morons.......They hate repro weapons, cardbacks and parts but seem to dismiss the Poon troopers (Now they are in denial of that...They just look like the copies that were churned out of Marks factory) and are now embracing the Gentle Giant copies. They seem to want to call them "Bootlegs" to justify it. So I guess we can now call "Repro weapons" bootlegs and it's all good.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1097350/

shawn_k

Sith Lord
I hate that too Todd. A lot of these newer guys can't seem to tell the difference between repros or bootlegs no matter how you try to spell it out to them. At least, if anything, the 12" version won't have the Jumbo copyrights on them, unless that is how they reproduced them. Packaged, I'd lean more toward them being bootlegs, but once they're loose there's potential problems.

x-pack

Grand Master
So are these copies of the original 12" Stormie? For a start of they look too crisp AND they are so white it's unbelievable. My genuine one looks like, well ..and old toy compared to these. Can't see anyone who knows what they are looking at being fooled :?

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
I can totally understand your thoughts.....they are no bootlegs and the guy making those should be hanged on his balls IMO......I shake my head in shame for some of those reponses....will they ever learn???

PGowdy

Grand Master
A company in China makes and sells Poons Stormtrooper repros. You can get them for $0.40 each (for a pair. One white one black in a packet). MOQ 2000.

Discuss...

aussiejames

Sith Lord
PGowdy said:
A company in China makes and sells Poons Stormtrooper repros. You can get them for $0.40 each (for a pair. One white one black in a packet). MOQ 2000.

Discuss...
Buy a 1000 sell them for $4 each on RS, paint the black ones pink call them modern art- PROFIT :p

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
walkie said:
What is MOQ 2000?

Minimum Order Quantity???

Anyway....I would wait till everybody had its Poons...prices on ugly old yellowed ones would fall....and then I'd buy 2000 originals for the same price.

:lol:

x-pack

Grand Master
I got bored and couldn't really be arsed to make the effort trying to get banned. It's so ****ing boring on RS :roll:

x-pack

Grand Master
I really have tried to get into it but it's so mind numbingly dull. I can't even find a bit where you would introduce yourself. :roll:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
aussiejames said:
PGowdy said:

Discuss...
Buy a 1000 sell them for $4 each on RS, paint the black ones pink call them modern art- PROFIT :p

Then make a fake ass looking cardback...seal a beat up figure on it....and they jump all over it and bid it up or one of their weapons looks a little off and they have a brain hemorage over it......exact copies of vintage figures....hey no problem...they are "Bootlegs". Sometimes the mentality and rationale on that forum makes no sence.

At 40 cents...we all better hang onto our vintage stormies as the market will get flooded....but then again as one of the smarter ones on RS stated....we just have to accept it and go with it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom