Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Question

At some point I need a box for ROTJ Falcon

So

Is it possible to pick up box only?
What sort of money would this be?

I would like an absolutely mint perfect, therefore the cost would be far to high, I would be using box at the back of the falcon out on display NOT for resale, therefore is it possible to by mint ....oh dear....Copy of boxes?

I know that's really frowned upon, but if for display only and not resale, I feel it would be ok for me ( for example " this box is not an original" printed on the back ....is this an option?

I apologise if this causes offense :oops:

plantainman

Jedi Master
Sounds like you're more interested in the 'artwork' aspect than about the need for a 'box' aspect. So if a ROTJ box only millennium falcon is too pricy, Maybe you could just buy an affordable piece of star wars artwork that you can display instead. An original poster, or some cool ephemera?

If you could be very patient, then you could enjoy the affordable artwork until a ROTJ box comes on the market for a steal?

Just a thought.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks. Good advice :wink:

I know there's repro cards out there, just wondered if the boxes were out there,

Thanks bud

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Cheers Todd,

So we can't quote Yoda on that ....size matters not.

Oh yes it does :wink:

Ill keep my eyes open, but will see if there are any leads anywhere

Cheers :D

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Empty boxes do come up for sale from time to time. The one you are looking for is desirable. In decent shape the box alone could go for almost as much as a common boxed counterpart.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I do have an ROTJ falcon but pieces missing, and not in good shape

ROTJ is my fav and I really want that Falcon, my plan was to get a falcon in good shape for display and use a repro box behind it, so I don't have massive money to shell out, then to get an original box in the future

I have an x wing and box, which I am going to display the ship with a Luke figure but not the box ( cleaning up the x wing now)

I have a jabba playset again box not brilliant, not to display, just display the playset

On display have ROTJ loose figs...again which I am building, have 15 so far

So the falcon box and falcon I want to be the centrepiece as the ROTJ falcon is my all time fav

This is the plan hence the box query

Thanks for response though...ill just keep looking :wink:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Just spotted this and thought YES :!:

But then took a closer look :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-Original-Box-1983-ROTJ-Chair-Table-Kenner-/300883502261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e0de4b5

shawn_k

Sith Lord
If its mainly the photo on the box you are wanting, you could also just order a print from the guy who made the original photo. It'd be cheaper than hunting for just the box and a lot easier for display purposes.

http://themanwhoshotlukeskywalker.com/pages/print_returnJedi4.html

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks Shawn, super link, great idea

I know sounds like I'm a spoilt brat....but I want the box, so I am a great believer in keep on trying, if all else fails I will look to do the pic option, thanks for the advice :D

I just have an idea of where I want to go with it

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
I agree with Shawn on this one. The guys has nice prints of his stuff. The chances of finding the box loose are slim, but it does happen. The chances of finding a repro of the box are zero as no one makes these and to be honest it is not that rare of a box for someone to want to make a copy.....sorry I called it a repro...I mean "Bootleg" box :lol: :lol:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks guys, will see how it goes and probably end up with a pic, but you never know......that's what is so good about SW collecting, there are so many options, and ways of doin your own thing

Keep saying it, but this forum is the best without doubt, and I really appreciate how guys that have awesome experience and stellar collections, take out time to advise and support

Nice one guys :D

DarthStanley

Sith Lord
Supporter
I have this for sale Michael,

It has a lot of marker touch ups as it had a lot of edge ware but still displays well! :D

068.jpg

069.jpg

073.jpg

071.jpg

Can do it for £20 including postage,let me know if its any good to you! 8)

Cheers

Mark

Edit: where in Lancashire do you live as i live in Accrington & if you want it,you could pick it up for £15! :D

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If I were you I'd just get the box front printed and display that behind the toy. Mint boxes are hard to come by, as generally the only mint boxes are sealed ones!

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
I have updated feedback for Mark...but would like to put a glowing report it the thread as well

The man is an absolute legend.......

I now have a super box for display.....very happy 8)
I now have the instructions manual......very very happy 8) 8)
Thrown in was.........

Only the best part of a lovely Falcon :!: :!: :!: :shock: 8)

As I have said the man is a legend, and if he ever puts anything up for sale I would advise anyone to deal with Mark in complete confidence

Guys....I have had my faith in human nature restored

Thanks Mark......LEGEND 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom