Where it all started - Pics please!

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Hi guys,

Been having a tough time recently until I found these wicked pics and they cheered me up no end. This is Xmas 1983 when I was 8 years old, this is the first documented evidence of my Star Wars addiction, but if I find anymore earlier evidence I will add it!!!

I thought it would be a good idea to see where it all started for everyone... I know a few people have these as their avatar's but hopefully people are willing to share all of their photo's from when it all began?!

Check out the décor, I am loving the mounted fish plate!! If anyone can shed any light on what the two MOC Figures are by my right foot I would be very happy!

P1080061_zpsc968450e.jpg

Please share the love!

Bram
:D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Quality photo. For me, its the memories that this stuff holds that brings the fog of nostalgia that make me want to collect. It was all a large and happy part of my childhood. I don't think I have any photos like this as my mum and dad never seemed to take many photos on christmas and birthdays which seems amazing now when virtually everyone has a mobile phone that can take as many high quality photos as you want.

I think one of the MOCs is a Gamorrean Guard, but not so sure on the other one.

You like like you had an awesome christmas that year.

walkie

Sith Lord
the moc by your foot are the gamorrean guard for certain, the other one i'm guessing princess leia (original in white gown), there's also a nice speeder bike box on top of the pile of toys.

wish I have some old photos featuring star wars, everything I have is lego, lego and more lego...

Bramistuta25

Sith Lord
Yeah sorry... One is the Gam Guard I will dig out the photo of it. I don't think its Leia due to the background colour?!

I'm sure there are more. I will see of I can find some... Got one of me in my Buck Rogers outfit from that Xmas if anyone wants to see it?!

Bram

mumbo

Sith Lord
that's a cool pic Bram. Wish I could unearth pics like that, I'm sure there are some tucked away in a box somewhere.

Loving the décor 8)

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Great idea Bram - for me the best part of this forum is sharing the memories we all had growing up with SW.
Here's me getting my droid factory one Xmas morning, pretty sure it's an X Wing still wrapped on the chair.
xmasSWFUK_zps660b793e.jpg

And here's my daughter (now aged 17 so she won't thank me for putting these pictures up!)
R5 was, and still is her favourite, always on her pillow at night
EmR5_zpsd56f206f.jpg

Love how 3PO gets to fly the X Wing not Luke and much to the annoyance of Pingu :D
EMxwing_zps23c0a0a0.jpg

TC-14

Sith Lord
Smashing pics there, Bram- and a great thread! Looks like we were all lucky tykes at Christmas time 8) Great to see the décor of the period- Colin, I've got some pics somewhere of me playing with my new Millennium Falcon at Christmas circa 1979 on a patterned carpet that will make your eyeballs ache :lol:

In the meantime, here's one of me showing my growing Star Wars fanaticism... I had covered the front of my bodywarmer with SW badges and sew-on patches, so much so that I had to revert to the back to carry on my display :?
If it had had sleeves then I'm sure they would have been completely covered, too. This would have been taken around 1977/78, when I was 7/8 years old. The photograph is so old, it's started taking on a sepia tint :D

Not the sharpest of snaps, but from memory I can make out which giant badges they were: from top left anti-clockwise... C-3PO, Darth Vadar (sic) Lives, May the FORCE be with you, Luke Skywalker, and finally R2-D2 top right.

StarWarsBadges_zpsb52ed82f.jpg

This photo of my beloved remote controlled R2-D2 I had in a frame by my bedside, hence the sunlight damage. I was going to correct it in Photoshop, but there's history there... so I've left it as is!

RemoteControlledR2-D21979_zpsfdf7bec8.jpg

...and finally, a few other snaps of my growing collection I took with my Kodak Brownie circa 1979:

Land of the Jawas playset:

MartinsStarWarsCollection6_zps6c8e242b.jpg

Death Star playset, with Chewie holding the trash compacter walls as Luke makes his escape:

MartinsStarWarsCollection5_zps352b2059.jpg

Cantina playset:

MartinsStarWarsCollection3_zpsc53e5906.jpg

...and finally me, aged 9 with the whole caboodle:

MartinsStarWarsCollection1_zpsc25a0dc4.jpg

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Great thread Bram :D

Unfortunately I was 14 ish in 1977 so mind on other things, theirs fore no pics

Some rally great pics and memories there, the decor is ace on the pics

Martin....your even doing the Death Star trench run, likely imagining you were in an X Wing :D

TC-14

Sith Lord
A great time to be 14 years old, Mike- Vivienne Westwood's Seditionaries, Destroy gear, Sex Pistols... I can see why your teenage mind was on other things :wink:

Michael Sith said:
Martin....your even doing the Death Star trench run, likely imagining you were in an X Wing :D
Nice thought, my friend- sounds much better than playing in the gutter :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Martin you had a "Forcebeam" lightsaber - ah man I had a green one and freakin loved it :D

TC-14

Sith Lord
Great stuff, Colin 8) mine was red if I remember rightly. They took a battering, but they held up well to a fierce dual in the garden! I didn't know they were unofficial product until Richard pointed it out, I vaguely recall the 'proper' inflatable sabers- what were they thinking over at the bright ideas department in Cincinnati? :lol: :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom