Starting from scratch, once a month....

escapist

Jedi Knight
This is kinda like a glorified Wanted post, but I thought I'd put it in here anyway because it'll be fun to update each month.

Inspired by my beautiful Secret Santa gift, this year, I have made the decision to start collecting vintage from scratch....without selling off my old stuff first.

Starting with the first 12, the aim is to collect a mint loose figure each month with weapon. Nothing more. Nothing less. Kinda like a monthly subscription to Star Wars figures.

Will power is involved, but in theory, by the end of 2014, I shall have a beautiful set of figures! And then it all starts over the next year.

I intend on posting a picture each month. January's hasn't been purchased yet (still got three weeks!), but here's December's and the catalyst:

photo-18.jpg

I was initially after a Leia for January, but she may have to wait. For some reason I have a fear of searching eBay for any of these figures, so I will keep it in the SWFUK family.

If anyone gets a minty first 12 example (no VCJs or DT Sabers though, I DO have a mortgage now!) let me know! Just don't try to make me purchase more than one in one go! You'll have the missus to answer to!

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Now this is a superb idea! first 12 are the best SW Figures. make sure you stick to it and update the thread to let everyone know how your getting along.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Always a pleasure to see a loose mint set of the first 12 8)
Will be nice to see a limelight when u complete :)

escapist

Jedi Knight
Bramistuta25 said:
Only problem is your will power will probably fail when you realise that its gonna take you around 8 years to complete your full set!!

Good luck and may the force be with you...

:wink:

It is already proving a challenge as I see people selling multiple first 12 figures in one go! But will power is key!!

And for the remaining figures, I already do have some great condition post-first 12 figures! The plan is to then fill the gaps one by one, once a month! But I will still do it in order. And if I feel I need to upgrade to reach the giddy heights of C8+ or whatever, I shall sell my lesser quality figure first (unless me boy wants to play with it!).

grinchy

Sith Lord
good luck on your quest for the holy grail, well the first twelve anyway, great idea, wish i had the willpower to just get one a month

thenightmarcher

Padawan
This is a great idea! Although, I have to agree with many of our contemporaries when I say that I think we all started out with a modest collecting 'habit' that somehow snowballed! Really looking forward to seeing your updates & wish you the best of luck!

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Like you I am reassembling and completing the vintage collection. I was being disciplined until I spunked my budget by around a week and a half. Now I'm eyeing up all sorts of stuff on ebid, gumtree, ebay and here, like a dog who's just realised what his Johnson is for

jay4

Jedi Knight
i done much the same thing when i started years back i focused on buying at least one Vtg trilogo or jedi MOC being the cheapest and easiest to get hold of per month from ebay and spend between £20-£30 on each and NO MORE ! and i made sure there was no lifting ,cracked or fractured bubbles (all had to be fully sealed with no bad yellowing and no serious damage to card like cuts ,rips or pops missing etc , at buying 12 moc a year they arent long in racking up :wink: they can still be found at these prices today aswel even some ESB moc at £30-40 if lucky with auction, anyone ever asks me what to buy i just say buy good vtg moc as and when you see them at a good price in good nik and follow the road that leads you on but buy what means most to you 1st obviously if funds allow, if theres figs you want that are too pricey moc just buy loose , slow but sure is the key far too many poople get the bug, go ocd on it and buy like posh spice on coke get skint stay skint then get sick of it and sell it all in the end

escapist

Jedi Knight
January's figure is here and very happy I am!

Luke, meet your sister! Isn't she lovely??

photo-19.jpg

Thank you very much Bram!!!

Undecided on February's but open to suggestions or sales pimping!

mumbo

Sith Lord
Very nice :)

I agree with June, Vader has to be next that way you are keeping it in the family.

escapist

Jedi Knight
Jedi_june said:
Wow rob, that Leia is minty :shock:

I suggest going with their daddy :D Get Vader next!

Exciting to see you 1st twelve this year!

Liking your thinking here... Vader sounds like a plan!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom