Ebay monthly selling limits, WTF?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't used Evil bay for a long time but I just tried to list the last of my POTF and it's telling me I have a monthly selling limit of £650!? :shock:

WTF?

Where and when did this genius idea occur to Ebay? I've listed dozens of MOC's for sale before and I know they came to more than £650 so why am I now getting this ****?

I can apply to have my limit raised, but in good old Ebay fashion, they want to POST me a letter with a confirmation code.

Anyone know how to get this stupid limit thing removed?

Grant

Sith Lord
weasel said:
I haven't used Evil bay for a long time but I just tried to list the last of my POTF and it's telling me I have a monthly selling limit of £650!? :shock:

WTF?

Where and when did this genius idea occur to Ebay? I've listed dozens of MOC's for sale before and I know they came to more than £650 so why am I now getting this ****?

I can apply to have my limit raised, but in good old Ebay fashion, they want to POST me a letter with a confirmation code.

Anyone know how to get this stupid limit thing removed?

I got the same thing. I simply sent a PM to EBay through Cuntstomer services and they removed the limit. 8)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
After two hours on their chat service thing I eventually got it raised, but for some reason they had moved my account to a business account. Don't know why, I've sure as **** not asked them to do it. I now need to wait a few days to see if they'll change it back or not, the system doesn't let them do it automatically. :roll:

Grant

Sith Lord
Weaz, I hadn't tried to sell anything on the Bay in like 3 years. Then I tried for the first time earlier this year and that's when I noticed the restrictions. Possibly they did this with dormant accounts. I was still buying back then but not much. 8)

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Recently I got my business account restricted, zero explanation. I phoned up, first operator said that we had been selling bad stuff.. which was wrong, next operator (after I bitched a bit) said that it was a temporary limit due to a case being open (big deal, I bitched further) last operator said there hadnt been any restrictions placed the account was in good order, it was an error. So.. basically I conclude employees of ebays are liars who like to **** off their sellers for phone calls.

Grant

Sith Lord
naughtyjedi said:
Recently I got my business account restricted, zero explanation. I phoned up, first operator said that we had been selling bad stuff.. which was wrong, next operator (after I bitched a bit) said that it was a temporary limit due to a case being open (big deal, I bitched further) last operator said there hadnt been any restrictions placed the account was in good order, it was an error. So.. basically I conclude employees of ebays are liars who like to **** off their sellers for phone calls.

LOL, I agree they are a bunch of unhelpful cu*ts.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Did you know you had a limit though?
Mine appeared from nowhere. I haven't sold on Evilbay for years but last time I did I listed 20 odd MOC's and they definitely had a combined value of more than my new limit of £650. Apparently I "must have confirmed i accepted the limit"! Clearly that's BS as I haven't even been on Ebay for 2 years.

jackabina

Sith Lord
I buy and sell all the time, and just had my limit dropped from £6600 to £900. Appearently, I'm a below standard seller!! **** OFF!!!!!!

jackabina

Sith Lord
The way look's to me, is that they're a just a bunch of greedy crooks. I've now sold about 1200 items on there, i've got 99.4% feedback, I allway pay my fee's on time, yet i'm a bad seller. WTF?
It's because I don't use any of their add on's such as gallery photo's, additional description options etc.
I also don't offer free postage, which would make be a better seller.

Some one needs to come up with some real competiton to these bastards, soon.

PGowdy

Grand Master
jackabina said:
I also don't offer free postage, which would make be a better seller.

Yeah that makes me so angry. Where the **** did this myth of FREE postage come from??! In what universe is it free to post something? Where do they think the money comes from to post an item??? My postage costs alone are over £100 a week! How am i supposed to give that away for free?? ****ing cunts.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Agreed Mr Gowdy, agreed! It's quickly becoming pointly using ebay. I'm doing better on car boots at the moment.

jay4

Jedi Knight
Dark Sith Lord said:
Some one needs to come up with some real competiton to these bastards, soon.

Amen brother! :evil: :twisted:[/quote]

anytime anything does surface that would be serious competition ebay either buys it up on the side or buys it in its infancy and kills it, and anything else out there ebay has its fingers in th epie in some way .it will be many many years before ebay is topped , if in net world it ever does that is ?

Kenner76

Padawan
It's too bad, I remember when ebay was pretty good (a long time ago, In a galaxy far away...). Now it seems to protect only the buyers and could care less about it's sellers. This seems so strange to me because without sellers, ebay wouldn't be in business.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
There were 'strong' rumours a couple of years ago that Tesco were going to launch an online marketplace to buy-and-sell to rival ebay, but nothing came of it. Well.. it did, it was Tesco market place. But seems like a bit of fudge in what was expected. Tesco sell plenty of stuff on ebay themselves. Maybe they didn't understand the market well enough and backed down. However with their global reach and distribution network they could make serious inroads into something like ebay if they really felt it would be profitable. They could also take on the international monopoly post of Royal Mail IMO. But do they need to? A case of if you can't beat them, join them.

Ebay is such an established brand that its part of the internet vernacular. I'm going to google that, Facebook me, tweet me, stick it on ebay.. youtube etc. Theres plenty of good rivals to those but they are top of the charts by a long way. I wonder how many millions were spent by microsoft to get bing out to a wider audience...

Ebay are often a bunch of c*nts... and they could listen more often to the people who use it day to day, I get surveys sent and so far I've never said on it I would ever recommend anybody to use ebay, which results in a follow up asking "why?", the reason is that I feel sellers aren't given much protection and its extremely easy to become a fraud on the site. I reported a buyer who implied he was going to leave me a neg if i didn't do what he wanted (he purchased an item on a friday afternoon, demanding he got it saturday and didn't use the next day delivery option with saturday surcharge). We specified this and he said it "wasn't his problem", it was ours, he needs it saturday.. but why should we fork out the best part of £10 in extra post. We informed him his 'free post' included in the item was an economy post (as stated) i.e 2nd class so will likely get there tuesday or later. Then he neg'd us on communication, which was utter bilge but he knew it wouldn't get removed because ebay always state that "its the buyers opinion" - he knew what he was doing, a clever git. But he waved "I will reflect what you do in the feedback I give" in our faces. I reported him to ebay on the basis that he was trying to use the feedback system to get extra, but they didn't do anything despite an operator initially agreeing with me but a senior staff member supposedly over ruling because he was "clever in the terms he used" - which to me was a admission that the guy was using the system to play us, they knew it but would have been hard to prove. So, "you're right, but we have to go with the cunty buyer".

Those sort of things are anger inducing, such as ebay refunding when they see a postage receipt but the item may very well never get back here. But we have to build that in to our business plan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom