SWFUK Podcast - Episode 4: Shawn of the Jedi LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
The new episode of the SWFUK Podcast is now live

You can listen via podbean at

http://swfukpodcast.podbean.com/

or subscribe to the podcast on iTunes at the following link

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/swfuk-podcast/id886088578?mt=2

To enter our competition for this months podcast please leave us feedback on the above iTunes link and you will automatically be put into the draw.

Thank you for everyones continuing support to the Podcast, we all really appreciate it

ENJOY THE SHOW

imagejpg1_zps9da07f9f.jpg

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Just want to give a huge shout out to the following people for taking their time to speak to us this month.

Shawn_K

FuzzyBuzzyToys

PalitoyJunky

Astons Auctions

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Wow almost 5 hours! That's a lot of great content guys.

I'm just about to start it now and it'll help make the workday today more bearable.

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to listen to myself, but thank you for the opportunity to be on the show. It was great to have a chat with you about collecting Stuart.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
shawn_k said:
Wow almost 5 hours! That's a lot of great content guys.

I'm just about to start it now and it'll help make the workday today more bearable.

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to listen to myself, but thank you for the opportunity to be on the show. It was great to have a chat with you about collecting Stuart.

Pleasure was all mine pal.

Best get use to your voice, the interview is a good hour, but great content so the interview goes quickly.

Thanks once again for your time buddy

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Absolutely dreading to hear my short interview :?
Prob a load of high speed waffle knowing me :oops:

Not at all, it's actually quite decent for a short interview.

Definitely have you on soon for a full interview

ZippyNL

Padawan
To be honest I initially thought that a Podcast about this hobby might be a bridge too far, but I thought I'd check it out anyway. After about a quarter of an hour of the first episode I'd subscribed and am still listening now. It's honestly really well done, top stuff guys.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
Five hours? What on earth?

Excellent. Many thanks, guys - this one will keep me going for a while. :)

Joe

Grand Master
I'm so far behind on the podcasts (I think I'm only about 130 mins in on the FIRST one!) that I shouldn't really skip ahead but I had to listen to this one for my friend Shawn's interview - good job guys, some really cool topics covered. I really enjoyed it and actually I think the overall feel of the SWF podcast is really good, I'm definitely happy it exists and appreciate the work that goes into it (you got the sound levels of everyone who takes part just right which was something that use to annoy me with the Chive cast because I'd crank the volume for one person then get deafened by the next).

With that said though (and hopefully it's not going to upset the team if I mention it)..the monster podcast lengths are a little bit of a turn off for me as a listener :( I'm not sure if others feel the same?

Sadly, most days I find it hard to devote the time needed to listen to these in their entirety and actually take everything that's being discussed on board. If I do stop and think "Oh I'll go back to that later" -the later never happens :(

Maybe it's just me..I'll get my coat! :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
I mean this is a prime example - I'm listening to the podcast at almost 2am in the morning because during the day it's almost impossible for me to sit down, listen and tune everything out! On that note, I'm off to bed and yet again I'm 140 minutes into a podcast that's 281 minutes long lol :(

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Hi Joe, thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it and great to know you're listening.

Regards to the length it's a real hit and miss subject we have had three or four say the podcast is too long before but on the other hand we have also had several people tell us that they love the fact that it's a lengthy podcast. I totally agree that this months length has knocked the first three off the scale, the average of the first three casts was around the three and a half hour mark and this one has come out at four hours and 37. I don't think this would become the norm, I think it ended up being this length due to several reasons. Firstly with farthest from last month, we had quite a lengthy discussion about the event as well as around 40 minutes worth of small interviews from the event, this straight away pushed the length up by around an hour, plus the interview this month ran over an hour, problem is Shawn has got such a vast and fascinating collection you lose trck of the time when talking about it and certainly didn't want to cut any of it out. It had also been about six weeks since we actually recorded although only a month since we released the last one and the longer you don't record the more that goes on.

I understand your issues with time and it is something we discussed ourselves and I'm sure it'll be back down between 3-330 hours next month, but with the amount of sections we like to cover I'm not sure we'll get it down lower than that anytime soon, in fact this month when I edited the podcast I cut well over an hour and a half of decent useable material so it could have been a 6 hour epic.

We do put the musical interludes in between sections for this reason however so that the podcast is easy to pause at convenient points and is then easy to come back to.

Once again, cheers for the feedback, we really do appreciate all feedback and everything noted is always taken on board and discussed.

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah I can see how some people prefer them to be 3-4 hour long shows, if I was doing a daily commute back and forth I could see myself tuning in to brighten up a boring train journey to and from the City for example.

I work from home so while I'm on the PC all day it's mostly because of work, I also have a 2 year old running around the house to look after so it's really difficult to say "OK sod priorities - It's podcast time!" and ignore the world for 3+ hours lol!

I'll try and catch up best I can but I think I'll be fighting a losing battle on this one!

Still think you guys are doing a great job and thanks for the reply, keep up the good work :)

SOJ

Sith Lord
I don't know why people are complaining about the length. I look forward to this every month. I find it annoying the guys are having to defend the amount of content they are generating. They should be encouraged and nothing else. I find the show entertaining and informative.

There are natural breaks in the show between sections and interviews where you stop and then carry in listening later.

Not only that the episodes now around for posterity and a great historical record for those looking back at vintage collecting in the UK in years to come.

Be it travelling, at work or even cutting the grass I think most have plenty of time to get through the show in a month.

A suggestion though, In the show notes could you detail the start and end times for each section, so maybe those that can't get though the whole show can jump to parts that are of most interest to them???

Joe

Grand Master
Well, as with anything you can't please all of the people all of the time. I remember people complaining that the 'Chive cast was too much when they were averaging around an hour and a half long (sometimes 2 hours) each show so in comparison the SWF podcast is absolutely humongous.

I wasn't trying to knock the work the guys are putting in, on the contrary I think they are doing a great job and I've said so in my posts but it's always important to take note of feedback from listeners (or perhaps more importantly the feedback of "potential" listeners). Nothing I posted was an insult to them or their hard work - it's very much appreciated and it's all for the good of the SWF after all. It's just a shame for me (being as involved as I am in this hobby) that I can't sit down for an hour or so and enjoy the podcast in one sitting that's all, something I'd very much like to do!

If I'm alone in that then fair enough but it was a genuine bit of feedback and I hope the podcast boys haven't taken offence!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Of course no offence taken. (We go back years now mate :lol: )

This one has got a bit out of hand and was way to long.

A lot of it is dictated by content.

Some of it is still because we are finding our feet.

I think some will be long and some shorter.

I think putting times in the show notes is a great idea.

Please keep giving feedback. We don't even know if people listen to it.

We have created a template, but want to please more than anything. So please keep giving us feedback of all types.

I wish we could have everyone on ASAP. We are getting there and are always having discussions all the time of people we want on the show.

That list is massively extensive now. And its not in any order. It is my hope that everyone will be on at some point and feel like it's theirs.

Big debrief tomorrow, with some head scratching.

But don't worry- we have some fantastic stuff coming up already booked from now till xmas.

Trust me- I think we could have a radio station instead of a podcast if we could find a way to get everyone on ASAP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom