SWFUK PODCAST. Episode 7: Mr Trilogo. LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Episode Seven of the Star Wars Forum UK podcast has finally arrived!

imagejpg1_zps58c10971.jpg

If you are a subscriber of the podcast on iTunes then you'll find the podcast in your feed shortly, if you're not be sure to subscribe ASAP.

You can also listen as you always can on our podbean page.

Swfukpodcast.podbean.com

This months Podcast is another corker and we've managed to keep it to under four hours! (Only just, about two minutes short, lol).

We have forum moderator Joe O'Brien on for this months interview as we delve into the world of trilogos and I get to ask Joe the question we all want to ask him; 8D8 why?

This months oddballs sees the concluding part of Grants three part OT computer Games as he finishes off looking at the games from 1992-1999.

Ben delves once again into the Latest Acquisitions thread as he looks at purchases made from RobPMarsh, Grant_C, Spoons and Bram.

In this months Boom section Rich looks at whether dealers are the reason for prices being pushed up.

All this plus other usual sections including Market, Events and the Forum Roundup where we get to hear the follow up interview with Forum member David Moss (Mooseinthehoose) about his what's in the box thread.

Plus be sure to enter this months competition for Bens extra special prize.

Hope you all enjoy the show and be sure to leave feedback or contact us at any of the following;

[email protected]

Twitter - @swfukpodcast

Www.facebook.com/swfukpodcast

Enjoy!

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Working on your own has it's benefits, I don't have a commute to work, office politics or dick head bosses, the only thing I miss is banter.

I love to have the Podcast on in the studio whilst I'm working because whilst it's a great listen, it also sounds like you guys have a good time putting it together.

Another great listen guys :)

Starzone

Padawan
Downloaded and listened.

I had some wonderful breakfast while in Belgium :D If you guys come over again let me know and I can give you a heads up on a decent hotel etc.....although I can't cure hangovers!

Darren

shawn_k

Sith Lord
So far so good guys! I've just finished listening to the interview with Joe which was great. I think we need the explicit version of him talking about AFA posted somewhere though. ;)

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Starzone said:
Downloaded and listened.

I had some wonderful breakfast while in Belgium :D If you guys come over again let me know and I can give you a heads up on a decent hotel etc.....although I can't cure hangovers!

Darren

The place we stayed was horrific and miles from the expo centre, the only good thing about it was it was a stones throw from the town so nice and close to the bars.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Boba Skinner said:
The place we stayed was horrific and miles from the expo centre, the only good thing about it was it was a stones throw from the town so nice and close to the bars.

Maybe that was a bad thing? Lol

SOJ

Sith Lord
Had a 4 hour round trip to Newmarket today and guess what i spent 4 hours listening to.....2 episodes of the chive cast back to back :twisted: Not really, I'll save Skye and Steve for tomorrow.

Another great episode, lots of banter and lots of fun and lots of great interesting info and debate. Hope you guys realise how much we enjoy the shows.

Someone sort Richard a pop up lightsaber for ****s sake. If there is one at FF and he gets beaten to it I'm not sure if the Fordingbridge police force are prepared for an enraged Geordie :lol:

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
SonOfJango said:
Had a 4 hour round trip to Newmarket today and guess what i spent 4 hours listening to.....2 episodes of the chive cast back to back :twisted: Not really, I'll save Skye and Steve for tomorrow.

Another great episode, lots of banter and lots of fun and lots of great interesting info and debate. Hope you guys realise how much we enjoy the shows.

Someone sort Richard a pop up lightsaber for ****s sake. If there is one at FF and he gets beaten to it I'm not sure if the Fordingbridge police force are prepared for an enraged Geordie :lol:

I really hope he doesn't find one, I want to see how angry he gets.

Cheers for all the feedback guys, glad people are listening, we love putting it together. Anyone at FF though I will be hunting you down for interviews (this will be pre drinking in the Saturday as I know in my heart of hearts they'll be no chance on Sunday after we've necked a load of shots).

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
SonOfJango said:

Mate- on the ferry, sleep deprived Rich, cagily walks up to me:

Rich: Alright?
Me: Yep.
Rich: I was thinking about buying some sweets, but I'm not going to now.
Me: Ah.....ok.
Rich: Yeah, I'm going to save my money and buy a pop up saber. :|
Me: :shock: ............................ :shock:

How many ****ing sweets was he gonna buy?

The guys ****ing nuts.

SOJ

Sith Lord
Brilliant :lol: at least he'll get his AT-AT head. Liked the crack on last episode about us smashing AT AT heads with a hammer in Iains back garden. If i'd of thought of it when I was there we could have we taken some great photo's of this and sent them to him :evil:

Pop up saber is top of my list now at FF to complete my loose run. Don't think I'd have the heart though to buy it from under him, if one happens to be there.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Oh and over a 48 hr period I had 15 minutes sleep. I think going back at midnight was justified. :D

Pah... me and grant spent several hours static on some motorway during our trip to Boba Skinners toy farm. Grant had a wander around the motorway offering beer from his three pack to motorists. Not sure if that was legal, sure as heck was funny.

BadMotivator

Jedi Knight
I just wanted to say what a fantastic job I think you guys are doing with these pod casts. Head and shoulders above any other SW podcast. I think you've got the level just right - enough banter to be fun but without the endless waffling you get from some others. I think the multiple host format works really well and I love that the interviews and some other sections are pre-recorded, it gives a really nice change of pace, and the fact that the interview questions are obviously worked out in advance makes it really slick and interesting. The music breaks are great as well and it's a lovely idea to promote SW related artists. I've loved the Oddballs section as well, I'm strictly a toy bloke when it comes to collecting, but I've actually found it really interesting. I think the length is great, long enough to give you a good fix to hold you over for next time. My only concern is that you're going to blow your load content wise! I wouldn't want you guys to run out of topics. I think the best way to avoid that, and provide some interesting content and stuff we haven't heard before is to interview people who have really tight focuses and get them to go into mega detail. I think the hard core collectors want to hear that stuff anyway, so they can listen to a really fun podcast but also come away with some new knowledge. But I'm sure you already have plenty of ideas.

This month I really enjoyed hearing about the Belgium trip, you could turn it into some sort of Top Gear thing where you do specials. Drive to Anahiem in a beat up 70s van with a SW mural on the side or something (but obviously something better than that).

The only type of article that I find a bit dull, and I mean in general, this is not a criticism of the SWFUK podcast, are the really tenuous toy industry related ones. The LP article on theswca.com for example, The question did SW kill the LP logo is an interesting one, but I'm not sure if we need more than 30 seconds of discussion about it, especially since we don't have an actual answer. What would make a really good section is posing a question and then finding a definitive answer, get some old gimmer from Kenner on the phone who can then say yes or no. That would be really interesting.

Anyway just want to say thanks for putting the effort in to do this. I know it must be a massive amount of work and I for one really appreciate it.

Cheers lads

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom