Anyone got a large packing box they don't need

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've been trying to find a box to post my graded Falcon in and haven't had much luck. Given the way Bastard Force seem to insist on beating the **** out of everything I post I need it to be pretty sturdy. The dimensions of the Falcon are 27.5" by 18.5" by 7". That's BEFORE bubble wrap and bomb proofing so ideally the box should be a fair bit bigger.

I have been looking on-line but there is nothing suitable. There are a few companies who sell boxes big enough, Cartons Direct etc, but apparently Northern Ireland is in some sort of black hole and they need to deliver it to me by ****ing spaceshuttle as they want TWENTY SEVEN ****ING POUNDS to send me an empty box.

Anyone got one they don't need that is about the right size? Happy to pay you for it, but not £27, and cover any postage over to me.

Cheers.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, done that.
They flatten all their boxes as soon as the product is taken out and I used one that had been flattened before, for the B-wing, that Bastard Force destroyed.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Have you tried this company?

https://www.davpack.co.uk/cardboard-boxes-uk.htm?gclid=CN7y8ofFp8ICFWPLtAod7VMAww

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers.

They have one that's the right size, but they only sell packs of 5/10/25 so I'd have to fork out £36.61 and they say they will "contact you regarding carriage charges before goods are dispatched." That reeks of 'we're going to charge a fortune after you place your order.'

I hate finding boxes! :twisted: :evil:

Section 8

Sith Lord
If desperate I've a large box you can have. Just seems a waste of money posting an empty box. :D
I picked it up from a clothes shop that sells school uniforms and such. Perfect for a falcon.

May cost minimum £2.50 through Hermes.

slim

Sith Lord
weasel said:
Yeah, done that.
They flatten all their boxes as soon as the product is taken out and I used one that had been flattened before, for the B-wing, that Bastard Force destroyed.

ffs....you would think they could have got you sorted , the bigger stores are unpacking all the time :evil:

Grant

Sith Lord
A good sized LCD TV box would work. I'd check out the back of Comet or Currys. Maybe even AFA OR UKG. I always cringed posting big items out like these when I had them. Good luck.

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
Go to any bike shop they get all bikes in boxes and just bin the boxes. You will get a vast variety and they'll be happy to give em to you

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
slim said:
ffs....you would think they could have got you sorted , the bigger stores are unpacking all the time :evil:

I tried Tesco's and the local electrical shop, both looked at me as though i'd asked them to look at a rash on my knob.

PIGCITY said:
Go to any bike shop they get all bikes in boxes and just bin the boxes. You will get a vast variety and they'll be happy to give em to you

Not a bad idea, will try halfords. Cheers.

Section 8 said:
If desperate I've a large box you can have. Just seems a waste of money posting an empty box. :D
I picked it up from a clothes shop that sells school uniforms and such. Perfect for a falcon.

May cost minimum £2.50 through Hermes.

Cheers. Will keep that in mind if I don't have any luck.

slim

Sith Lord
weasel said:
slim said:

I tried Tesco's and the local electrical shop, both looked at me as though i'd asked them to look at a rash on my knob.

stuck up cxxxx , its only a bloody box people

x-pack

Grand Master
Car part places. I needed a box recently and a friend who works in car parts sorted me right out.

Jez

Sith Lord
PIGCITY said:

Great idea.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
If you've got a musical instrument shop nearby they have super strong boxes used for shipping guitars and other assorted instruments, used to have one near me who I'd pester for boxes and they were always happy to oblige.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom