Multiple Sales Threads

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi chaps

A few of you probably saw Mark's thread about multiple sales threads. I haven't had any other feedback about these before and presumed that they worked well. Obviously I get a high turnover of stock and want to make it clear what I have for sale - that is why I split it into the different threads. It also makes sense to me to start a new thread when most of the old thread is sold so as not to confuse people. I try to leave the old threads up - 1) so people can check the pictures when their items arrive and 2) because I like looking through sales threads on here, TIG and RS to see what things sell/sold for

I do get the point that it can be annoying when an old thread gets bumped (and I know that's happened when I get an inbox full of messages). Therefore recently I have tried to keep them as up to date as possible - marking when something is sold and also changing the title of the thread. What I will do is go back through all my sales threads for the past 4-5 years and make sure that the title is changed to sold

However, I don't want to piss people off - so if my multiple threads are offending anyone then please say - either below or you can drop me a PM

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Never had a problem Iain, I have to admit it can get confusing when a thread is reused over and over again. But I also understand it can also get messy with multiple threads.

To be honest, carry on as you are. From what I understand you have agreed it with the MOD's because of your high turnover so if they are ok with it I cant see a problem. Think Mark must have just been having a bad day. Was a bit of an over the top rant.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Mate, I was pulling your chain before. Just stick all sold in the title. People will still bump them.

It does make me laugh a bit when they get bumped and the frenzy that follows.

Tbh it's easier the way it is at the moment as I can spot the new threads quicker. And I don't think your breaking any rules. You only have a few active threads and they all have about 25 items on them.

I think the rule is designed to stop ten items being sold on ten posts tbh.

Frunkstar

Grand Master
I think making a few with the turnover you have makes perfect sense, MOC/Large items/Loose & say other stuff.

You start putting for sales thread on for individual figures though & the forums post count will double in a week :lol:

keep doing what you're doing mate, no one here has any issue with it (I think?)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
As I said in the original thread, Ian approached us Mods and asked if he could do this, given the circumstances (high volume and diversity of items, along with the fact we know Ian's a decent fella/wannabe red-neck) none of us had any problems at all. All done above board.

I haven't had any complaints about it either. Until today's demented ravings.

Ian, I suspect it's just one member who has gone off on one and we appear to have been his victims. Me because I apparently make all the rules on here and you because you sell a lot of items. I wouldn't take it personally.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Neither of you should take it personally, just very unfortunate a member Lost it :!:

BTW Iain you've only been over there 5 mins and your dropping your "r" s already :lol: check your thread title :wink:

itfciain

Grand Master
Michael Sith said:
BTW Iain you've only been over there 5 mins and your dropping your "r" s already :lol: check your thread title :wink:

Shocking - that was a spelling mistake but the autocorrect keeps on changing things like favour (will need to set in on proper English!)

itfciain

Grand Master
x-pack said:
Keep 'em coming Iain :) Only wish i'd bought that Amanaman when you had it for sale :roll:

Jez nabbed that one I am afraid - will see if I can find some more - could have sold a lot of the POTF cards a few times over

mumbo

Sith Lord
I have no problems with it at all :) and like I said on the other thread I do think it was way out of character from Mark and perhaps it was down to outside influences that made him snap, hope he is ok :?:

x-pack

Grand Master
itfciain said:
x-pack said:
Keep 'em coming Iain :) Only wish i'd bought that Amanaman when you had it for sale :roll:

Jez nabbed that one I am afraid - will see if I can find some more - could have sold a lot of the POTF cards a few times over

Damn you Jez! It's like everything I really want but convince myself not to buy he picks up :lol:

:wink:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
mumbo said:
... perhaps it was down to outside influences that made him snap, hope he is ok :?:

That thought did cross my mind. I don't know the fella but there was nothing I said that should have sent him off like it did.

PGowdy

Grand Master
itfciain said:
Hi chaps

A few of you probably saw Mark's thread about multiple sales threads. I haven't had any other feedback about these before and presumed that they worked well. Obviously I get a high turnover of stock and want to make it clear what I have for sale - that is why I split it into the different threads. It also makes sense to me to start a new thread when most of the old thread is sold so as not to confuse people. I try to leave the old threads up - 1) so people can check the pictures when their items arrive and 2) because I like looking through sales threads on here, TIG and RS to see what things sell/sold for

I do get the point that it can be annoying when an old thread gets bumped (and I know that's happened when I get an inbox full of messages). Therefore recently I have tried to keep them as up to date as possible - marking when something is sold and also changing the title of the thread. What I will do is go back through all my sales threads for the past 4-5 years and make sure that the title is changed to sold

However, I don't want to piss people off - so if my multiple threads are offending anyone then please say - either below or you can drop me a PM

Don't be silly Iain. I literally can't see why it would possibly bother anyone. It's not like our sales thread here is super clogged like the RS one and an hour after you post something it disappears off the 1st page. There's plenty of room here.
If the MODs had a problem with it i'm sure they would have told you and tat should be good enough for everyone.
That guy was just being a dick. End of.

itfciain

Grand Master
OK, so it seems that at least two people do have a problem with my threads - Edd has had two complaints about them and as neither of them wss Mark then I am guessing there are people on here that don't have the decency to message me first rather than 'report me'

I'll ask one of the MODs to clear away the redundant sales threads and try to keep them to a minimum

itfciain

Grand Master
skywalker said:
Oh dear,, who have you upset lain... :lol: :lol:

Where is the thread with the person complaining..??

They were too gutless to open a thread or reply to this one - so they PM'd Edd personally

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom