Star Case Koenji Tokyo- PIC HEAVY!

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
Posted This On RS months ago wasn't going to post it here but had a couple of members interested at the weekend at FF 7 so here it is.

IMG_5300-1.jpg

Ok so i was in Tokyo for a week from the 9th of july and while i was there i checked out Star Case in Koenji. First thing i will say is its NOT! hard to find so i don't know where that came from. its around 5 mins walk from Koenji station which is quite a way from shinjuku and Uneno, Popular tourists spots to stay, but its very easy to find once you get there i didn't even have my roaming on just asked one dude and he pointed me in the correct direction. i got there early so he was not open i hung around grabbed some cosmetic bits from the drug store for the mrs while i waited until 12.

i walked up to the second floor and was like boooom pretty excited to get inside he was moving things around and told me to wait. theres loads of cool stickers on the door that i was interested in to start with, which he did not have i might add so that sucked.

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

IMG_5303.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5310.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5312.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

IMG_5314.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

He had so much good stuff but it was pretty expensive and had no poppy figures which is the only thing i wanted. didn't see any Takara Mocs either which was dissapointing so my last resort was just to buy a Star Case t shirt but he had sold out of all the sizes so not a great trip purchase wise but its an awesome place.

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
PGowdy said:
Awesome stuff. I always love seeing vintage SW in actual stores. Takes me back. 8)

Yea it was the best one of its kind I've ever been in but it was stupidly overpriced. They had Vintage Star Wars stuff in the Akihabara branch of Mandarake too which was ok price wise actually but you it's all about Transformers for me in Japan ;)

Looking forward to seeing what they have in Lulu Berlu,Paris in January while I'm there. Again I'm told it's overpriced but aren't they all.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great pics 8)

Must be a bit surreal seeing all that vintage in that environment, it is good seeing it on the shelves. :D

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Japan is a place I really have to go - absolutely fascinating.

Surprised there was no Popy stuff though! The Makura stuff is really cool.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Snake_eyes_82 said:
PGowdy said:
Awesome stuff. I always love seeing vintage SW in actual stores. Takes me back. 8)

Yea it was the best one of its kind I've ever been in but it was stupidly overpriced. They had Vintage Star Wars stuff in the Akihabara branch of Mandarake too which was ok price wise actually but you it's all about Transformers for me in Japan ;)

Looking forward to seeing what they have in Lulu Berlu,Paris in January while I'm there. Again I'm told it's overpriced but aren't they all.

Lulu Berlu almost always have old stock in that shop, and many rare vintage items, make sure you take pics, they currently have some rare meccano carded sw

Snake_eyes_82

Jedi Master
tundra9 said:
Snake_eyes_82 said:
PGowdy said:

Lulu Berlu almost always have old stock in that shop, and many rare vintage items, make sure you take pics, they currently have some rare meccano carded sw

I will make it there soon but January is off now as I'm too busy with work.
I will for sure take pictures though ;)

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
Visited this place today. Actually, I have been a few times when I lived in Japan.

Some of the stuff in the OP is still there. The stock has also increased a lot, so much so that the arcade game is covered in kotobukiya boxes.
Independent sellers flog their stuff from glass cases and the owner takes a cut(think it's 10%) from the sale. This overhead does push the prices up.
What with that and the weak pound I walked away empty handed.
It is without doubt the most awesome shop for star wars stuff both vintage and recent. A lot of the modernish stuff like kotobukiya models and the like is of reasonable price.
However, one seller had a load of recarded figures in his case.
I'll post a few pics to add.

plantainman

Jedi Master
We need one of these shops in every major city, which would make a damn good excuse for a Rooooaaaaad triiiiiiiiip!

Thanks for sharing the story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom