Old Argos Catalogues

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
http://retromash.com/argos/

Interesting viewing- brings back loads of memories! Interesting to see the prices of the vintage stuff- pretty much how i remember it all. I remember getting my X-Wing from Argos in Swindon around 1980. Nice to see the Action Man, Scalextric etc as well 8)

SOJ

Sith Lord
That is awesome. Even today wheni pick up any catalogue I start from the back.

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Love it, great memories. Can't believe the Ewok village was £30 compared to the prices of some of those ships. Surprised they shifted them.

Stormtrooper37

Sith Lord
SOJ said:
That is awesome. Even today wheni pick up any catalogue I start from the back.

The toys only started to appear near the end of the catalogue from Spring 1980, before that they were at the front.
Check the link out

PS - Thanks for the link Andy - fantastic looking back at whole Argos catalogue's from yesteryear, getting the Argos catalogue especially the Autumn/Winter one (more toys :wink: ) was something a lot of us on here looked forward to when we were kids back in the 70's, 80's & 90's.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
SublevelStudios said:
****! Now I want to start collecting Zoids :(

Oh man, what have I started?!

Ps- Zoidzilla FTW!

Paul, no worries! The value of the Argos catalogue in those pre-internet, classic toy, childhood years shouldn't be underestimated!

chiffy

Sith Lord
OK own up who had the Alba walkman with only fast forward on you ****in paupers :lol: Oh wait, i did :roll:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
For years these things were the basis of my Christmas lists when I was a kid. So much so I remember putting Argos codes on it a few times!

Anyone remember a competitor called index?

ODB

Jedi Master
There used to be the entire 1986 and 1987 catalogues on Flickr, but I have since lost the link.

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
These are awesome. Thats a big job scanning all those Argos catalogues!

My mother used to buy stuff out the home shopping catalogues - Brian Mills, Freemans etc and I remember there being wicked full page spreads for Empire, Jedi etc Anytime the new winter catalogue came through my brother and I would be studying the toy section for crimbo!

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
chiffy said:
OK own up who had the Alba walkman with only fast forward on you ****in paupers :lol: Oh wait, i did :roll:

:lol: :lol: guilty as charged! and if I remember the ****er took 3 AA batteries so you had to buy a 4 pack everytime to replace them - which was often!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom