SWFUK PODCAST Episode 9 LAUNCHED

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Episode 9 : Guardians of the Plastic Galaxy LAUNCHED

imagejpg1_zps92a7c592.jpg

I'm delighted to announce that the latest SWFUK Podcast is now released.

On this months podcast we bring you a corker of an interview with Plastic Galaxy Director Brian Stillman. Brian gives us an in depth behind the scenes look at the making of the cracking Plastic Galaxy Documentary.

In this months oddballs we have the second part of the awesome interview with Retroblastings Michael and Melinda. We also hear from popular forum members Jez and Chris Mann, as we spoke to them at last months Farthest From.

This months forum roundup sees the boys look at threads from Hoth Jim, Mumbo and ChazB73 as well as Grant looking at the new Sales Archive off the forum.

Ben covers some more fantastic pieces that have been posted on the Latest acquisitions thread. This month we discuss purchases made by Gary Smith, Shawn Kemple, Plantman, Walkie, Knopie and Frankstar.

Boom story was inevitable this month after a big wig off Rebel Scum made an error in judgement as he promoted Darren Orme's horrendous Replicator boxes.

Pete's Market watch brings us a look at the recent Vectis auction amongst other things and a look at a real random oddball item which was for sale on eBay, a Return of the Jedi climbing frame.

All this plus much much more.

Time to kick back and waste a few more of your spare hours on vintage Star Wars collecting.

ENJOY!

Stuart Skinner

Sith Lord
Listen to us on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/swfuk-podcast/id886088578?mt=2

Or at podbean

Swfukpodcast.podbean.com

Joe

Grand Master
You do some great photoshop work haha! Not sure Leia with a beard really works but Brian's never looked better :lol:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Just getting started, but wanted to say thanks for the great discussion on the Yoda Alt back coin. Crazily enough just as this was hitting some new info has come out about the alt backs and linking them to being more modern pieces rather than vintage.

Here's the thread if anyone wants to try and wrap their head around it and hasn't seen it yet.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1117019/

Also for those that were wondering about how the category system works, here's the archive link on it.

http://theswca.com/images-coins/coin-chart.html

spoons

Grand Master
1.30 in!

Great start as usual guys but I've got to say the Monty Python sketches aren't my cup of tea - this months life of Brian sketch goes on bit and is no 'Blue Milk'

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Great podcast guys....just finished listening.

Especially like the section on Rebel Scum/repro.

Gotta say though, there seems to be an 'unhealthy' admiration for bend'ems developing :lol: ........they are modern and should be avoided at all costs (even the Fett!)

Richard_H

Grand Master
Thanks guys and these are points we'll take on board.

With regards to the RS section - did you feel it was a fair reflection on the story or biased in any way?

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I felt it was fair.....most of us are totally against repro of any kind, I didn't agree with the comments in the Retroblasting interview though about stickers/foam etc, replacing any of these with modern counterparts is bad. I accept of its just for your own display purposes that's fine but there are too many people out there wanting to make a quick buck.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about using replacement inserts inside original boxes to help it retain the shape. I myself use cardboard to strengthen them for display.

spoons

Grand Master
Not got to the repro section yet but foam is an interetsting one. All vintage foam will turn to goo and most has already - to keep original foam intact you'd need to keep your dagobah or trash compactor in the fridge. That's one area where repro is ok in my book as the original is impossible to keep.

I've had a couple of dagobahs bought with foam intact but I ended up binning the foam as it rots and stains the paperwork and box

itfciain

Grand Master
Richard_H said:

With regards to the RS section - did you feel it was a fair reflection on the story or biased in any way?

I think you got it spot on - the author was wrong to word it the way it did and was basically sold up the river with his defense when the original email he sent to Darren came to light

It wasn't the right thing for them to publish - but it was nothing to do with the vintage section at all and in fairness to the author, at least he took it down - even if he couldn't admit it was wrong in the first place

BruceW

Padawan
itfciain said:
Richard_H said:

I think you got it spot on - the author was wrong to word it the way it did and was basically sold up the river with his defense when the original email he sent to Darren came to light

It wasn't the right thing for them to publish - but it was nothing to do with the vintage section at all and in fairness to the author, at least he took it down - even if he couldn't admit it was wrong in the first place

Indeed, I think you were very fair about it. Very glad you pointed out that the moderators of the RS forum had **** all to do with that rubbish...it was one of the admins of the RS site itself. Most people, even RS members, don't know that the mods have no control over the front page.

I think you were more objective about than some of the members of the RS forum who, rightfully, raked that guy over the coals in one of the threads. Doubt he'll be doing that again any time soon!

Really enjoyed the interview with Brian. Plastic Galaxy is definitely worth a watch!

Great episode!

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
And finished.

The rs/repro bit was fine

I bought a copy of plastic Galaxy recently so must check out those extras and watch it again without all the general drunkedness that was going on at the xmas FF showing.

The 2nd half of the retro blasting interview was food for thought. Personally I have ruled out bleaching and retro bright threads from my facbook group because noobs invariably melt their ships/figures. I don't mind replacement foam for the reasons stated. Not sure I would extend that to stickers though. Hmmmm

Great work once again guys, looking forward to the next one!

:)

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
Just bought PG as a result of Brian's interview :mrgreen:

Arrived today - now to convince the other half to watch it tonight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom