Luke in Jedi Robes Unproduced Figure on Twitter

JimboUK1979

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just saw this tweet about an Unproduced luke in Jedi robes figure and wondered if it's real or a hoax as its the first time I've heard or seen this:

https://twitter.com/unseenstarwars/status/558026582934446080

Would be great if anyone had any info on this.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
So is this the origional Luke Jedi or a completely new Luke for the POTF line that never happened?

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
That was the first sculpt originally planned for the Luke jedi figure, later on they changed it to a sculpt similar to how we know it now, but as you can see, this unpainted hard copy on the left has a straight arm.
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48341

after that, they sculpt the figure as we know it now. Here is the protomolded figure from the figure as we know it.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48372

Use theswca.com guys, it contains lots of valuable info!

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
If I remember correctly, this and afew more really rare items were brokered about 12 months ago by Tom Derby. It's a fantastic piece of history, but the price would get you a house in some parts of the country.

Will try and root out the other stuff that was for sale. Others on here have it as well if I can't find it.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Code:
Here you go, this was the collection it was from:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1101802-1/

Price for the Luke, the bald Emperor and Gargan was a combined $100k but a shedload of other stuff was FS at the same time (DTs, unproduced droids ewoks, RF Fett). No idea if it went for the $100k in the end, but I suspect it did lol ...

Not really the real world for 99.99% of collectors, but nice to see this stuff anyways.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Cheers for the link JS :D

Its amazing how intriguing this figure is considering he would have been a pile of **** if released (IMO). He would have been right up there with those other L17 freaks, as a kid would you really have wanted Dressing Gown Luke??

It just reminds me of Anakin, Imp Dig and the Emperor, a big moulded lump of plastic that wouldn't fit in any cockpits.

A slimmer but similar (slimilar?) mould with a quality robe and decent saber would have been really cool though... 8)

BTW what's the story with the Luke photobombing the last picture? In a dressing gown and drunk this time :?

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
JuniorChubb said:
BTW what's the story with the Luke photobombing the last picture? In a dressing gown and drunk this time :?

Haha yeah I wondered what he was doing on there as well :lol:

Hadn't really thought about it that these could have been dull, shelf hangers like the Dignitary. Had it not been produced, I bet the Dignitary would've looked kinda sexy next to the Luke and Emperor versions, but produced and painted it looks **** ... :roll:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
JuniorChubb said:

Haha yeah I wondered what he was doing on there as well :lol:

Hadn't really thought about it that these could have been dull, shelf hangers like the Dignitary. Had it not been produced, I bet the Dignitary would've looked kinda sexy next to the Luke and Emperor versions, but produced and painted it looks **** ... :roll:

What a strange parallel universe that would be...

Imp Dig looking intriguing to collectors and others just wishing the figure was actually released when they where kids :lol: :lol:

TheGent

Jedi Master
0tp7p.jpg

TheGent

Jedi Master
He can hold his saber. I put it down to not harm the flesh paint plus he stands in an acrylic tube. :lol:

shawn_k

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
So is this the origional Luke Jedi or a completely new Luke for the POTF line that never happened?

At one time this was considered to be a unproduced POTF figure and that was the story. However, almost 10 years ago now it was discovered that the figure was shown on a French version of a ROTJ poster along with several other prototype versions of the figures, so that placed it long before POTF and instead an earlier version of Luke Jedi.

Luke in Robes discovery?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
shawn_k said:
theforceuk said:

At one time this was considered to be a unproduced POTF figure and that was the story. However, almost 10 years ago now it was discovered that the figure was shown on a French version of a ROTJ poster along with several other prototype versions of the figures, so that placed it long before POTF and instead an earlier version of Luke Jedi.

Luke in Robes discovery?

Nice link and info thanks. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom