TIG......making money out of pictures from fellow members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
These threads were brought to my attention! IMO this is serious!

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7684-tig-app-v-1-0-soft-launch-is-official-ios-solution-found
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1117183/

This is my opinion on this theme!!!:

I have a question John:

These pictures are not yours John…and you know that! So what is the money (5-10 USD) used for??

Jay origianlly asked for help to build up this archive. And many "donated" pictures! I had a deal with Jay: If I donate my pictures then they stay watermarked!

Here is the original thread from Jay asking for pics:
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1040175/

jaymassive619 said:
[…]I am also looking for pictures of original weapon / accessory variants as well as REPRO's that are not currently listed as well as any content based info. PM me if you can help[…]

There are tons of people i need to thank (so if i miss anyone im sorry)

A massive Thank You to Wolff cheers buddy

Huges shouts to Joe, James, Bryan, Uli, Coco, Chaz, Chris, Lee, ChrisJ, Browny, Tim, Rob, Mark, Mike [censored] there to many to name lol and all the other guys who have helped me get this far (you know who you are). Cheers Guys

Jay

I personally asked to get my pictures removed more then one time on TIG! You know that John! You were always involved. The first time I asked was when Jay was near leaving. I asked again and again over the years….and everything I got was: pressure and blackmailing! So yes…you didn't ban me when I was doing something wrong. Yeah you didn't ban me when SWFUK and other guys wanted me to be kicked out! I did touch up figures and had them for sale! I was caught and refunded Chris! It never happend again…..but you are still trying to blackmail me everytime I am standing up for my rights… my rights on my pictures!

But why haven't you banned me?? You didn't ban me because you the had to remove all the pics form a "fallen angel" then…..you and Jay always knew that! So don't come around and pretend you haven't acted selfish or for my good! That is just a freaking lie!!! Chris helped me unselfishly….and especially Joe_O believed in me 8I will never forget that)…..you and Jay…never…you two tried to protect an "investment". You never liked me….find one of my threads with one post from you in any forum…a postive one!…..it doesn't exist!

So you are planing to make an App. You are selling this and you are using my pictures! And on top of that: you did cut away my watermark! I personally donated over 270 pictures!! I repeat 270 different weapons and comparison shots! Do you, John, have any clue how long this can last???...let alone enmassing, sorting and categorizing those??

Example....John's App:
jjiy1a2l.jpg

Comparison...my pics:
jjiy1a2la.jpg

I am curious what rubbish I will now hear from you…..please defend yourself….what you are doing right now is theft!.....you are enriching yourself on other peoples property!

To anyone buying this App: You are stealing form the following people who donated their pictures to make the world safer from repros! Not one of those guys earns one cent on this! If you want to donate to the real owners of the pcis I can make this happen. Please shoot me a line! These are the real people that made this happen:

ArtooDetour,
AussieJames,
Bedheadjulian,
BonsaiMatt,
Burnsy,
CantinaPatron,
Capetown,
Chris75,
DrDengar,
Frunkstar,
Flycasual,
GeneralKahn,
Iceworm,
Jaymassive619,
Jedi534,
Nico,
Olisuds,
Ozio,
Pattejan,
Plantainman,
Psybertech,
Rawlin,
Snaggletooth,
Spoons,
StarGeezer,
Thargoil,
Tim Day,
VintageStarwarsfan,
Walkie,
Wbobafett,
Warok

If you are one of those guys who donated pics please shoot me a line! Most of you I still know….and I will contact you! ;)

This is how it once was:

jaymassive619 said:
Guys let me just say that this website would not have been possible but for Wolff the amount of time and hours he has put in is incredible and the pictures / content he provided is outstanding!

I hope get through this busy time ok buddy.

Drop a PM / Email when you get the chance to complete some more work for the website.

Thanks Again Jay […]

…and nowadays you just get fu****!!!......Shame on TIG! Be aware on anything you ever "give" to TIG! I tell people since years…they laugh and fall into the same trap! Voice up now…..if not.... it is seriously your own fault!

Regards to all people that got burned by TIG (aka John and Jay)…..

Wolff---who knows this will end in a *****torm.....so let me have it!

spoons

Grand Master
Hadn't really thought about the images when I saw the app was for sale

It is a bit rude not to be asked permission

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
thing is...he's charging (which I reckon goes against the collecting spirit)

and...as it's an android .apk it'll be all over the net once someone has cracked any password he's put in (trust me, it'll take a coder with ADB a few minutes)

shame, as i would love to have used the app

spoons

Grand Master
i just supplied a couple of repro 12" pics and don't really have a say in this, but the amount of effort Wolff put in was phenomenal - totally understand why he's pissed.

I think John should offer this app for free or pull it from sale

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Bummer, same **** Han Duo did with something I did years back, though in a hugely lesser context, I had no idea the images have been used like this & am rather baffled at how this has come about, admittedly I have only helped with a couple of photos, but still its not really on as I have never been asked for my consent either :?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Frunkstar said:
Bummer, same **** Han Duo did with something I did years back, though in a hugely lesser context, I had no idea the images have been used like this & am rather baffled at how this has come about, admittedly I have only helped with a couple of photos, but still its not really no as I have never been asked for my consent either :?

Maybe it is the same approach they did when JoeY wanted to take down all his bootleg pics for RS. Mr.wise said he owned them all as they were posted to his site...or something like that.

olisuds

Sith Lord
I added my thoughts on RS and TIG too....

In my opinion I don't think it is cool to use other peoples pictures and remove their watermarks without their consent for financial gain.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
olisuds said:
I added my thoughts on RS and TIG too....

In my opinion I don't think it is cool to use other peoples pictures and remove their watermarks without their consent for financial gain.

I was told some of the posts on TIG in that thread are disappearing. :wink:

Joe

Grand Master
The only reason collectors contribute to community based projects like TIG is because they are non profit projects/sites with the sole purpose of aiding fellow collectors. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that nobody would ever willingly give up their time, pictures or knowledge to make someone else money.

The reality is that without Wolff, there would be no TIG..yet because of some petty squabbles and past disagreements he is treated like some kind of pain in the backside every time he kicks up a fuss when his watermarks are removed or his guides used without any credit.

Just ask yourself, how would you feel? Wolff lives, breathes and eats Star Wars and he gave his work away for free only to have that generosity abused..

Like I said, without Wolff there would be no TIG and that's also the reason why Wolff has never had his guides/pics removed (despite asking countless times). If that were to happen it would practically mean starting over and that's a task nobody wants.

Wolff's work is the very foundation on which TIG was built on yet it appears the current owner of the site isn't even capable of recognising that, let alone asking him for permission to develop a paid app.

Like Spoons said earlier, unless the app is offered up for free with full credit given (to everyone involved in making TIG happen over the years) then this really is bad form.

PGowdy

Grand Master
Joe said:
The only reason collectors contribute to community based projects like TIG is because they are non profit projects/sites with the sole purpose of aiding fellow collectors. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that nobody would ever willingly give up their time, pictures or knowledge to make someone else money.

The reality is that without Wolff, there would be no TIG..yet because of some petty squabbles and past disagreements he is treated like some kind of pain in the backside every time he kicks up a fuss when his watermarks are removed or his guides used without any credit.

Just ask yourself, how would you feel? Wolff lives, breathes and eats Star Wars and he gave his work away for free only to have that generosity abused..

Like I said, without Wolff there would be no TIG and that's also the reason why Wolff has never had his guides/pics removed (despite asking countless times). If that were to happen it would practically mean starting over and that's a task nobody wants.

Wolff's work is the very foundation on which TIG was built on yet it appears the current owner of the site isn't even capable of recognising that, let alone asking him for permission to develop a paid app.

Like Spoons said earlier, unless the app is offered up for free with full credit given (to everyone involved in making TIG happen over the years) then this really is bad form.

If ownership of the original pictures can be proven you may be able to get a cease and desist issued.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
All your posts mean a lot to me! I know I have not only friends over here (Pete??? ;) )...so I am very happy to get this backing up!!!

Thanks especially to Joe_O:

It is actually true! Jay wouldn't have released TIG without my pics....maybe someone else would have jumped in...but I did....so I am pretty much a founder. It always needs both: information and the guys running the site...as well as paying it of course! I think Chris_B had a huge part in the technical issue??

Anyway.....I am feeling better now! :D

Thanks

PS: Spoons....you should be upset as well!!! It doesn't matter how many pics you donated! Someone is steeling them for making profit!!! Don't listen to John's whining....I needed thaosunads of hours to make this running! We all together also needed that time to make those pics...with recieving NO MONEY AT ALL!!!

Here is John's black mailing tactics (in on of my removing pics issues):

DarthBerizing said:
Wolff - You've got some nerve dude. You must have a pretty short memory. The reason you will only remain a member is pretty well established. TIG (and I mean Chris B and Me) spent days putting out fires because of you. I had to stay on TIG, SWFUK, SWCC , and RS because you almost single handedly brought TIG to a halt and ruined what took years building. Don't make me cut and paste the topics. I'm not going to rehash this any further, but remember that TIG was the only place that tried to help you. You're standing is a result of your actions.

As for the weapons, I actually do get it and for that I apologize. I do consider them fair game (and honestly it's just a weapon that anyone could take a photo of) but the courtesy of contact would be respectful.

be safe!!!

Wolff

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
So becuase you did something wrong or bad...that makes it ok for him to steal pictures from members...add them to an app...then sell the app with the pictures back to members of the same forum????????????????????

Joe

Grand Master
I think I'm qualified to speak about the issue that you were involved in Wolff.

The long and short of it is you repainted a figure, sold it, got caught and at some point owned up. The truth about all of the "support" you got from TIG at the time is just because TIG was your playground and the entire site was built on your work.

Jay (the guy that actually started TIG) was worried there would be a backlash from the community. On one hand he had to support you in some way because he didn't want to lose you and the pictures you had provided if you disappeared following that incident but on the other he also didn't want the community (RS/SWF) to think they were harbouring a "scammer" by not banning you.

That's about it, sure there were some public posts made on the various sites outlining the terms of you being allowed to stay a member of TIG but one persons error does not bring down an entire site. It's wrong of anyone to say that would have been the case and trust me nobody did you a favour because they liked you, you were just the key to the sites success.

The only people that really had your back throughout all of that were your friends that believed in you, the rest of it was just hobby politics and an attempt to keep the peace.

As for the app, again, if no permission was asked then it was a really bad move.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
It is wrong using Wolffs photos without permission-end of story.

I know this probably isnt the right time, but can you explain why you repainted the figure mentioned earlier Wollf. We are on dangerous territory if we have 'forgiven' one guy who tried to rip someone off and jump all over other scammers. Whether you do it once or a thousand times, it still damages you and your name. I remember it all when it happened but didnt go too far in as my life was preoccupied. However, if someone here went through a downer and tried flogging off an Orme repro boxed toy as original and was found out...where do we stand??

It just worries me that we can forgive one, and pounce on the other. We need to ensure what is said and done on forums, does not condone what has happened. As i said, that is dangerous territory and something that needs avoiding. If anyone wants this place to be the next RS then i would suggest we keep going, as bitch fights like this on TIG happen from following their lead.

Please do not let this place follow the same path...

Lastly, i would suggest we have a dedicated thread for people who have made the mistake of trying to scam people. If they have the balls to spill the beans, and own up to admit they were wrong then its not only a big help to the forum, but to the said person. Wollf is probably gutted for his moment of madness but there are ways of making people understand. I, as many others do accept that were are all human and sometimes get led astray.

Peace out:)

Lee

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
I think I'm qualified to speak about the issue that you were involved in Wolff.

The long and short of it is you repainted a figure, sold it, got caught and at some point owned up. The truth about all of the "support" you got from TIG at the time is just because TIG was your playground and the entire site was built on your work.

Jay (the guy that actually started TIG) was worried there would be a backlash from the community. On one hand he had to support you in some way because he didn't want to lose you and the pictures you had provided if you disappeared following that incident but on the other he also didn't want the community (RS/SWF) to think they were harbouring a "scammer" by not banning you.

That's about it, sure there were some public posts made on the various sites outlining the terms of you being allowed to stay a member of TIG but one persons error does not bring down an entire site. It's wrong of anyone to say that would have been the case and trust me nobody did you a favour because they liked you, you were just the key to the sites success.

The only people that really had your back throughout all of that were your friends that believed in you, the rest of it was just hobby politics and an attempt to keep the peace.

As for the app, again, if no permission was asked then it was a really bad move.

...wow...what can I say?? You were in the team that day (if I remeber correctly?)....

Thanks Joe!! Means a lot to me to get that support all over all forums!! I am fighting for ALL DONATORS!! This shouldn'T be a single issue! It is about all of you who doinated pics to TIG!!!

Please keep in mind:

DarthBerizing said:
For the love of mike.....................

Okay, first off all of the pics are on TIG. Every photo is cropped tight so I could build the app in a format that worked. That's it, no dark super secret back door shenanigans. As for this huge profit making machine, dream on. Forget that the app took 200hrs to build (so no "true" cost), I won't even make enough money to cover the expenses for TIG for a year subscription. I'm not taking this money and rolling around in cash.

It's an App, that uses pics from my site, that are condensed.

Wolff - I'll make it easy. If you want to submit pics with your watermark right across the weapons i'll put those up in place. Just match the overall sizing. I have no issue with it at all. I'd rather distance myself from you because plenty of people remember you painted rare figures to rip off fellow collectors, but if it means that much to you I really don't care. I've never removed your watermark from the sites photos have I ? No, because I gave credit where it was due.

jeez............................

Seriously John?? "Every photo is cropped tight so I could build the app in a format that worked"...so it is just an accident the watermarks were cut off??? Who you gonna fool?? I do not believe a word!

"Forget that the app took 200hrs to build (so no "true" cost), I won't even make enough money to cover the expenses for TIG for a year subscription." Buhuuuhuuuu....nobody asked you to "buy" TIG! I do nort wanna know what you make on ads!! And also: All the guys that tried rto track down wepaons and picture the differneces needed more then 20.000 hours to complete "your" guide! Your argumnent is just lame!

DarthBerizing said:
The pics are taken from my site, I didn't steal them off the web.

I had no agreement with Wolff. When I bought the site from Jay (yes I paid money to buy the site) I didn't agree to anything with anyone. If you donate your pics to the main site, they're the sites. If you post on the forum and pull down all your pics then so be it. Wolff donated the pics, that's that.

I'm sorry but I'm not seeing anything more than , at best, a cropping issue gone awry. But it's very obvious that for a mobile app I needed to have everything in that style. If I wanted to be a jerk I could've photoshopped out every weapon but I didn't. I cropped and cleaned every photo (watermarked or not)

Okay....P.W.!? I did not donate my pics! i gave them to Jay for the archive! Watermarked! that means: my property!!! And if I want them to be removed you should do that! You didnt...at minimu three times!!!!

DarthBerizing said:
Hey Ian

I see what you're saying, but Philips things was (and still is) wrong. Those photos aren't donated. They're yours plain and simple. The gunnery site is a donated photo. It was given to the site, what happens from there is the property of the site.

Again, this was done on every photo.

Ahar...that is your legal back-up! But seriously...that never was mentioned! From both sites! We all tried to build up something that is bigger then commerce! You tried to blind people that were helpfull then!

BAD MOVE!!! Over all...this is weak!

Shame on you and TIG....and EVERYONE defending you (AJ?? I am hugely dissapointed!).....WOW

**** TIG

Peace out!

Wolff

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
Palitoy78 said:
It is wrong using Wolffs photos without permission-end of story.

I know this probably isnt the right time, but can you explain why you repainted the figure mentioned earlier Wollf. We are on dangerous territory if we have 'forgiven' one guy who tried to rip someone off and jump all over other scammers. Whether you do it once or a thousand times, it still damages you and your name. I remember it all when it happened but didnt go too far in as my life was preoccupied. However, if someone here went through a downer and tried flogging off an Orme repro boxed toy as original and was found out...where do we stand??

It just worries me that we can forgive one, and pounce on the other. We need to ensure what is said and done on forums, does not condone what has happened. As i said, that is dangerous territory and something that needs avoiding. If anyone wants this place to be the next RS then i would suggest we keep going, as bitch fights like this on TIG happen from following their lead.

Please do not let this place follow the same path...

Lastly, i would suggest we have a dedicated thread for people who have made the mistake of trying to scam people. If they have the balls to spill the beans, and own up to admit they were wrong then its not only a big help to the forum, but to the said person. Wollf is probably gutted for his moment of madness but there are ways of making people understand. I, as many others do accept that were are all human and sometimes get led astray.

Peace out:)

Lee

Lee...is it the right time to explain me?? I could do in another thread...but in short: I sold to ChrisP...the guy who always gets graded everything!!! Who the heck would have thought seriously I would not get caught! I just was in a veery very bad and deep valley! Of yourse the beginning of all was touching up my own figures! I did that for yeras...very professional....did not see anything wrong in it because I restore art for life! Of course I knew when seeling I should tell....I did not...I was caught....I espected it...my fault....

If you want to know more: please seperate the thread or pm me! I will answer any question! I was just depressed and needed money....pretty standard eh?? But that is the boring truth!

Hope that helps

Wolff

PS: Sounds a bit roude...but its not intended...its late here...and I am very tired....and maybe drunk...lol! Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom