Old Toy Shop discovery story

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I know we have talked about this in the other main thread, but it seemed to be getting confused with the Palitoy Rep find and thought it deserved it's own thread.

I wanted to share the story with you from the Collector's Gazette. Not sure about copyright infringement but hey ho!

From what is probably one of the most amazing toy stories ever Vectis have acquired amongst thousands of vintage toy items 8 full boxes of 96 ROTJ figures. That's a whopping 768 moc figures ready to go to auction.....drool.

Enjoy the read....

Attachments

• Toyshop.jpg
    Toyshop.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 883

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Really is incredible in this day and age. Says she knew everything she had but she must have forgotten about the cases of Jedi figs. I can't believe no one ever asked whether she had any SW toys? Perhaps even looking for modern, if she had said 'no but I've got these old ones here' the net would have been on fire. Cue lots of 30/40 year olds pulling up in estate cars waving a wad of notes in her face! :lol:

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Cheers for sharing such a great article - with any luck there are a few more shops like this waiting to be found :D

walkie

Sith Lord
The odd thing is people out there knew about this abandoned toy shop and there are even blogs and photos of it from 2012 on the internet.

It just goes to show what is hidden out of plain sight.

12823962905_ee2c4b2b1b_b.jpg

poncho

Grand Master
Hollywell is down the road from me! Shucks wish i knew it was there when it was open. Still i wouldnt think to ask if they rotj figures in 2009! Nuts :shock:

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Hard to put this find into words really and a fantastic back story :shock:

8 cases of ROTJ, and even better, the trade cases are intact :p

stratpack

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Just realised, I was in Holywell about 30 years ago! Caravan holiday in Prestatyn, went to Holywell on the bus with the folks, not much there, came back.
Certainly don't remember any little toy shops. She probably had those Jedi cases even then!!!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
walkie said:
The odd thing is people out there knew about this abandoned toy shop and there are even blogs and photos of it from 2012 on the internet.

It just goes to show what is hidden out of plain sight.

Fantastic pic thanks for sharing. It makes you think if you had come across this shop say 3 years ago what would you have done and how?

Starzone

Padawan
Many people tried to buy this stock going back many years, the owner would never sell it though for any price.

walkie

Sith Lord
Starzone said:
Many people tried to buy this stock going back many years, the owner would never sell it though for any price.

Correct, in fact I know people had had offers turned down and have heard on the grapevine what has happened to all the left over **** that vectis didn't want. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom