Proof book coming...

maxf

Jedi Master
Looking forward to this - I put together a proof website back in the mid 2000s, which I think it still around and has been added to. I wonder if any of my old proofs will appear in the book! Exciting.

Joe

Grand Master
maxf said:
Looking forward to this - I put together a proof website back in the mid 2000s, which I think it still around and has been added to. I wonder if any of my old proofs will appear in the book! Exciting.

I didn't realise you were the same Max F as RS lol!

Your website is very much still alive, when it went down Shawn was able to save it and now hosts it over on his website: http://swspaceclub.com/swproofcards/

I just saw a post from Mattias on Facebook that thanked you too so I guess you will indeed be seeing some of your stuff in the book!

Looks like a great project :)

Grant

Sith Lord
maxf said:

Loved that site you created Max. Very informative. 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
Looks like an interesting read and mentions a link where you can pre-order the but. Problem is it looks to be in maybe swedish ( I'm guessing on that due to where Mattias is from), so wondered if anyone has any info about putting in an order?

Ian

Palifan

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Not yet. I'm hoping to interview Mattias for the next swfuk podcast episode Monday or Tuesday. I'll ask any questions posted here.

Good to hear your speaking to him soon Richard so that we can hopefully all get the heads up on how to get this book. I'd hate to see this turn into another over priced Kellerman book before getting at least a chance to buy it at the normal price.

Ian

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
indianawars said:
WOW, thanks for sharing this. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine... :D

Glad that sharing it was of help, I'm not a proof collector, but it's already on my shopping list.. Love SW packaging and artwork 8)

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Joe said:
maxf said:

Your website is very much still alive, when it went down Shawn was able to save it and now hosts it over on his website: http://swspaceclub.com/swproofcards/

I just saw a post from Mattias on Facebook that thanked you too so I guess you will indeed be seeing some of your stuff in the book!

Ok...not that I am trying to stir anything up...but in light of this happening to others in the past. It sounds like someone has used Maxes images for book without his consent or at least knowledge. I could be wrong, but it appears he has no knowledge of it. If this is the case, how does it make it Ok for this particular collector to produce something and make a profit and on the other hand not Ok for others?????

If I am off base..feel free to correct me.

maxf

Jedi Master
tiefighterboy said:
Joe said:
maxf said:

Ok...not that I am trying to stir anything up...but in light of this happening to others in the past. It sounds like someone has used Maxes images for book without his consent or at least knowledge. I could be wrong, but it appears he has no knowledge of it. If this is the case, how does it make it Ok for this particular collector to produce something and make a profit and on the other hand not Ok for others?????

Hi,

Don't worry there is no issue (although thanks for the concern). On my old site I had photos of photoart from Tom N and Tom D, which Mattias has re-taken anyway - of course I had photos of my old collection, which I've long since sold, so they may or may not be in the book; I'm not worried either way.

Matias did email me a while ago to tell me about a 'secret project' and asked if he could use some of the info I put together. So, I did know but didn't know it was a book.

I'm thrilled for Mattias, and hope the book is a massive success!

Max

Richard_H

Grand Master
Hi guys,

I've just finished an interview with Mattias for our next episode of the podcast. Some of the information he gave has made me even more excited about this book. It's much more than a collection of proofs/cromalins and he has written this in a way to be much more accessible to those without a grounded knowledge of the printing process. It's almost like an historical account of start to finish in the process from 77-79.
Mattias is a true gent. I really wish him success with this book but I don't think he needs to worry.
My advice to you is preorder this book asap! There are more people in the fb group than there are copies of this book at present!
$45 from dearpublications.com and it goes live on Tuesday. 152 pages printed in high quality.
Mattias will have limited copies in Anaheim, he's been pleasantly surprised with the response so has been unprepared for the demand and is figuring out how to get them there, and he's happy to sign if required.
This is part 1 in a 4 part set and you won't be disappointed.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

M_Rendahl

Youngling
Just found this thread after talking to Richard for the podcast :) Thank you so much for the interest and kind words so far, very much appreciated. I try to keep up on all forums so keep asking question etc here, if you want quicker response just contact me on Facebook (group A NEW PROOF). Site with pre orders go (hopefully) live on tuesday, dear publications.com [/shamelessplug]

tiefighterboy said:

Hello TFBoy, I can assure you all pictures (of course) used in the book is cleared and ok with the owners :) I even included thanks to references me and the whole community base much of their knowledge on, like the kellerman book, Gus & Duncans book, AFD articles and of course Max (and Ben's) old site. And I asked Max about it first :) So no need to worry about that :) But all images are cleared and none of those come from Max old site...

Cheers,
Mattias

Dfran8

Padawan
Richard_H said:
he has written this in a way to be much more accessible to those without a grounded knowledge of the printing process. It's almost like an historical account of start to finish in the process from 77-79.

Nice touch! thank you!
Can´t wait for have the chance to see it at Celebration!

Also, Thank you Mattias for adding me on Facebook! see you at C.Anaheim!

M_Rendahl

Youngling
Just wanted to let everyone know that the pre orders have begun :) Will ship the week after Celebration Anaheim.

May The Proof Be With You!

Mattias .)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom