Sticker Collection?

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Just wondering, if Panini released a 'Force Awakens' Sticker Album would it be something you guys would be interested in?

I know I would love it.... 8) Talk about reliving your childhood completing an album with Han and Chewbacca stickers :D

Just a thought!

Richard_H

Grand Master
Not interested. Been down that route in the 80s and more recently with my son. Too much money.

Although........ it's easier to buy and sell doubles on ebay now

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Agree with Grant you will know exactly what happens in the film. Probably dive in after the 18 December though.

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
Now I haven't collected stickers for a good 25 years but do they release an album before a movie is out? What's the point in collecting screen shots of a film you haven't seen yet? I think dublinjeff meant would anyone consider it after the movie came out and assuming its any good I might. This would be a great place to trade duplicates to complete your album. Searching for that hologram sticker to complete your collection, might be fun to do that all over again.

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
obiwannacollect said:
Now I haven't collected stickers for a good 25 years but do they release an album before a movie is out? What's the point in collecting screen shots of a film you haven't seen yet? I think dublinjeff meant would anyone consider it after the movie came out and assuming its any good I might. This would be a great place to trade duplicates to complete your album. Searching for that hologram sticker to complete your collection, might be fun to do that all over again.

Yeah, that's what I meant. If it was released after the movie :D

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
I expect tops to release a huge collection of trading cards with all sorts of rare and super rare chase cards that will go for crazy money on eBay just after the film is released.

These companies have drilled into the minds and psyche of collectors and really worked out how to exploit them.

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
I expect tops to release a huge collection of trading cards with all sorts of rare and super rare chase cards that will go for crazy money on eBay just after the film is released.

These companies have drilled into the minds and psyche of collectors and really worked out how to exploit them.

Your spot on there. The trading card market is a license to print money. The base set, the chase cards, the holograms and the list goes on and on. I started with two focuses, the 1992 star trek TNG complete seven series and the first lord of the rings stuff, in the end I had to call it a day as the never ending release of another set meant there was no end in sight.

naughtyjedi

Sith Lord
I think a traditional sticker album would be fun. If we did it as a forum, could be cool to meet at farthest from in early 2016 and have a swapsie meet...

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
I'd love that, but only if I like TFA. If it's Phantom Menace again then no thanks. But yeah, a great (and of course cheap) way of reliving childhood memories.

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
An eBayer I bought some small attic finds from found this before posting and sent me this freebie...

bg33g0.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
Stickers were my life in mid 80s! :D Perfect pocket money fodder. An absolute joy for kids back then. Do kids still collect things?

mumbo

Sith Lord
I'd be up for this. Did the World Cup one with my son and the Glamour Princess one with my daughter so now its my turn :lol:

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
x-pack said:
Stickers were my life in mid 80s! :D Perfect pocket money fodder. An absolute joy for kids back then. Do kids still collect things?

Absolutely! I loved collecting stickers as a kid, something I've passed on to the little one. Here's her 'Frozen' Sticker Album with her end of week purchases waiting to be added after her dinner :D
IMG_20150508_185653.jpg

x-pack

Grand Master
That's good to hear :) Simple pleasures. Transformers, Footy, ROTJ, Beano, Garbage Pail Kids. E.T... Stickers are great :D

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I only ever did ROTJ, Back To The Future, And ET.

I was surprised to find out, decades later, that there was an ESB one. My parents done brilliantly at steering me away from that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom